You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

lack of freezeouts...

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat
Im open to all these new ideas and structures that sky offer, i will always give them a go, but my only real quarm is, why are there so few freezeout tournaments, every other site seems to have tons of them running at all costs and prizepools, i know its my decision as to which site to play on, but sky is my favourite site, and in terms of community and regulars its the best site... i just feel that a majority of poker regulars would prefer more freezeouts and deepstack events.. i may be wrong but wouldnt a  £1000 freezeout for £5 or £10,000 £33 deepstack be good, a couple of nights a week. personally i find turbo poker frustrating and annoying, and the bounty hunters, although good value, dont ever play well except the monday night me and saturday night main event

Comments

• edited April 2013
    In Response to lack of freezeouts...:
    Im open to all these new ideas and structures that sky offer, i will always give them a go, but my only real quarm is, why are there so few freezeout tournaments, every other site seems to have tons of them running at all costs and prizepools, i know its my decision as to which site to play on, but sky is my favourite site, and in terms of community and regulars its the best site... i just feel that a majority of poker regulars would prefer more freezeouts and deepstack events.. i may be wrong but wouldnt a  £1000 freezeout for £5 or £10,000 £33 deepstack be good, a couple of nights a week. personally i find turbo poker frustrating and annoying, and the bounty hunters, although good value, dont ever play well except the monday night me and saturday night main event
    Posted by jordz16
    And here is the crux of the arguement, you're right, most regs would prefer freezouts which is why we see the same thing posted on here, again and again and again......  But, the majority of players on sky are not regs, they are recreational players and they love a gamble.  Time and again it's been proved that unfortunately bounty hunters just get way higher numbers than freezouts do on Sky.

All that said, I completely agree with you, MORE FREEZOUTS please.
  • edited April 2013
    I know bounty hunters are popular, but i think that is only because sky run so many of them, it seems they make up a majority of the days schedule so it attracts people who want to play bounty hunters, im sure if they had more freezeouts and less bounty hunters then you would attract a load more regulars who spend there time playing freezeouts on other sites, Im sure a majority of the UK would choose to play on sky over any other site as long as there was a healthy balance of tournaments
  • edited April 2013
    Completely agree.

There are £5.50 freezeouts at 6pm, 7.05pm, 9pm (i think) which I like to play. They all have smallish guareentees but they are almost always met.

I'd love to see some £11/£16.50/£22 freezeouts in the nightly lobby. Put some smallish guarentees on them & I'm sure they'd be popular
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: lack of freezeouts...:
    Completely agree. There are £5.50 freezeouts at 6pm, 7.05pm, 9pm (i think) which I like to play. They all have smallish guareentees but they are almost always met. I'd love to see some £11/£16.50/£22 freezeouts in the nightly lobby. Put some smallish guarentees on them & I'm sure they'd be popular
    Posted by goldnballz

yeah the freezeouts that they do have i enjoy, i think if they just increased the guarantee on them slighly each week then the numbers would improve, and as you said if they had some slightly higher buy ins then, there would be some worthwhile money to take down the tournament, no matter what the guarantee
  • edited April 2013

Totally agree. You look at the external reviews for Sky Poker and they all say the same thing. A site for recreational players who like to play Bounty Hunters. Personally I feel the shortage of serious freezeouts does Sky no good at all in recruiting new players ( in before someone from Sky says numbers are up)

• edited April 2013
    It's a typical case of supply and demand.

Bounty Hunters always draw much bigger fields than freezeouts on Sky at every buy-in from £2.30 all the way up to £110. The majority of players, including me, prefer Bounty Hunters.

Sky are simply providing what thier customers want, as any good business would. I see no reason they should they cancel the most popular tournaments and replace them with less popular alternatives.
  • edited April 2013
    It's a typical case of supply and demand. Bounty Hunters always draw much bigger fields than freezeouts on Sky at every buy-in from £2.30 all the way up to £110. The majority of players, including me, prefer Bounty Hunters. Sky are simply providing what thier customers want, as any good business would. I see no reason they should they cancel the most popular tournaments and replace them with less popular alternatives.
    Posted by GaryQQQ

im not saying they should get rid of bounty hunters, i believe they are very good value tournaments, sky is just becoming know as a bounty hunter turbo site, i see no reason why they cant run freezeouts along side bounty hunters, im sure within a few months they would attarct tons more serious/recreational players who enjoy the longer structure and steeper prizepools. even if one day a week they replaced all the bounty hunters with freezeouts?? 
  • edited April 2013
    £11 Nightly Deepstack starting at 7pm

8000 Starting Chips
    10 Minute Blinds
  • edited April 2013
    £11 Nightly Deepstack starting at 7pm 8000 Starting Chips 10 Minute Blinds
    Posted by JBuss

what site is that on?
  • edited April 2013
    No site, my recommendation for this site. Would be quite popular
    £1k Guarantee?
  • edited April 2013
    No site, my recommendation for this site. Would be quite popular £1k Guarantee?
    Posted by JBuss

anything like that would be fine, just a few different freezeouts between say 6pm and 10pm would make the site so much better
  • edited April 2013
    £11 Nightly Deepstack starting at 7pm 8000 Starting Chips 10 Minute Blinds
    Posted by JBuss

+1

100% with you on that one m8. That or a 10k stack and 12/15mins clock at 7pm with a £5.50 or £11 buy in. I wouldn't hold your breath tho mi duck. lol