You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BRM ACROSS MULTI SITES

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat
recently withdrew a large chunk of my roll to spread across different sites, i have got 3k left in my sky account is it still ok to play tournaments for £110 on sky. i no i only have 30 buy ins but im rolled to play them if you add up all the other sites bankrolls???

Comments

• edited April 2013
    u just wanted to get a brag out there and u know the answer :) 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: BRM ACROSS MULTI SITES:
    u just wanted to get a brag out there and u know the answer :) 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    wheres the brag, thats ur department isnt it?? its a genuine question
  • edited April 2013
    lol ok well its fine if u have money elswhere if i had 3k on sky i wouldnt play £110 mtts but u have money on other sites so its all good 
  • edited April 2013
    Yea go for it 30 buyins isnt a lot for 110 mtts but there isnt that many runners in it and you can win half your buyin back for 1 bounty so the varience is quite low in comparison to other 110 tourneys across other sites.  Which sites are you grinding on now?

Also yea if you have funds on other sites surely you can just transfer money from there onto sky if you need to reload.
  • edited April 2013
    a 1/3 for 1 bounty bearlry 
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: BRM ACROSS MULTI SITES:
    Yea go for it 30 buyins isnt a lot for 110 mtts but there isnt that many runners in it and you can win half your buyin back for 1 bounty so the varience is quite low in comparison to other 110 tourneys across other sites.  Which sites are you grinding on now? Also yea if you have funds on other sites surely you can just transfer money from there onto sky if you need to reload.
    Posted by bearlyther

playing on ft, ps and and pk*, wouldnt say grinding because im very lazy at the minute, lol

• edited April 2013
    I had a similar situation not long ago. Dohhh was having a go at me saying wtf are you doing playing like 2euro rebuys (somewhere else) with the size of your BR on Sky, but that was cos I only had like 50euro on that site.

I'd personally avoid a super small BR in 1 of the sites just cos I'm lazy and wouldn't want to be transferring moniez about the place all the time. But yeah just play according to your total BR across all sites imo
  • edited April 2013
    If you're just punting then w/e do what you like.

If pretty serious open a spreadsheet/whatever and make a list of all the tourneys you'd like to play and work out a schedule. Then you can see how much your schedule costs each time and decide if you have the appropriate bankroll.
  • edited April 2013
    BRM doesn't/shouldn't have to be site specific
    Just as long as you are happy to move it from where you have it to where you need it
    In fact for you this is essential - you still want to/should be playing the mtts you like on sky, and shouldn't let the fact your BRM is elsewhere stop you doing so
  • edited April 2013
    And of course your "bankroll" doesn't just mean the total money you have currently in poker accounts, it should also include money in your bank account that is there for poker purposes if you need it.

If you're playing £110 tourneys, I wouldn't want to keep more than say £1100 in a poker account, I'd withdraw it and place it in a bank account that would at least be playing a minimal amount of interest
  • edited April 2013
    I would treat it as one big bankroll and have upper and lower levels on each site so when you get to those levels you withdraw/deposit as required. Also, within reason you need to look at average buy in rather than individual buy ins. There is only one 110bh each week (excluding this timed cash game and the monthly roller) so its not like you are playing a couple a night.
    Given the field sizes you need to be more careful about buy in levels on the larger sites as variance on these can be more brutal than sky. Finally I would have a combined BR level where once you go below this you drop the larger tournaments.

Just my thoughts, good luck at the tables Rock
  • edited April 2013
    BR is one whole, the size of it should dictate what percentage you play with per buy in.
    Some choose 1% while other may opt for 7% - depends on how aggressive you are with your BR

I would advise opening a savings account or similar just for poker.
    Deposit and withdraw as required on the sites your playing staying within the percentage your playing.

So for example if your playing cash your total BR may be 150 bins, but you only deposit 20 buy ins and withdraw/deposit per month where required. Keep a playable limit on the site.

If you playing MTT/STT then work out you monthly schedule and deposit that for the month on each site and amount and deposit and withdraw as required.

Not too difficult to keep track on a spreadsheet of your in/outs per site when you keep the ins constant.

• edited April 2013
    cheers for the imput guys, i like rancids idea of a savings account for poker, i just have a natwest bank account at the minute for my daily life money etc, who should i opt to start this savings account with were i can transfer money easily online?