You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

why play 5k bh when theres 25k high roller for same price???

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat
wouldnt it be better to have a lower buyin for the 5k BH like £50 or even less because if i was a recreational player looking through the MTT page its obvious which 1 looks more promising for the money invested,
im not saying its bad to have 5k at £110 depending on how many players reg but cutting the price would in essence bring more player pool to the MTT thus making the target anyway.
maybe sky could have some freezeouts as majority is bounty hunter format but gessing this is a deploy for the recreational player to gamble more.

Comments

• edited April 2013
    The 5k £110 event will have a much smaller field thus lowering variance.
  • edited April 2013
    The £25k roller attracts bigger buy in players so for me it makes sense to offer those players another bigger buy in tournament once a month. I don't think it is a case of one or the other for the target market. The number of £110 tournaments on sky is low (which I believe is correct) so I dont think they should be taking out any of the current schedule
  • edited April 2013
    There are plenty of £5, £10 and £20 bhs on sky with decent gtees every night and a £50 one that runs 3 or 4 nights a week.  The roller tonight will attract more high stakes non regulars who will also be tempted to play the 9 o'oclock and it will therefore get more runners than usual.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: why play 5k bh when theres 25k high roller for same price???:
    There are plenty of £5, £10 and £20 bhs on sky with decent gtees every night and a £50 one that runs 3 or 4 nights a week.  The roller tonight will attract more high stakes non regulars who will also be tempted to play the 9 o'oclock and it will therefore get more runners than usual.
    Posted by SoLack
    +1

The £110 5k bh is the only £100+ mtt during the week. Why change it just because once a month it is on the same day as the high roller?