You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

40nl - AKs utg in 3bet pot

edited April 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Don't recognise villain, have been playing for just over an hour and havn't seem them do anything bad other than limp utg, but is generally opening with a raise, haven't seen any pots go to showdown, seems fairly tag.

I decided to just flat as i didn't want to 4bet and gii pre as i feel i would of been crushed.
villain then decides to bet full pot on flop and i decided to fold as i felt i was probably drawing to a chop at best.

Is this a bad fold or does the villain have me crushed here? really had a bad feeling i was beat at the time but i'm not sure what the best line is here.
Should i peel, and re-asses the turn? It feels like a weak play to just fold flop with toptop, but the full pot size bet threw me.
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
bet3pm_co Small blind   £0.20 £0.20 £38.76
torres215 Big blind   £0.40 £0.60 £39.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • A

foldUfairy Raise   £1.20 £1.80 £108.24
DRAGONACES Fold        
X
Raise   £3.20 £5.00 £34.43
shawsok Fold        
bet3pm_co Fold        
torres215 Fold        
foldUfairy Call   £2.00 £7.00 £106.24
Flop

• Q
  • K

foldUfairy Check        
X Bet   £7.00 £14.00 £27.43
foldUfairy Fold        
X Muck        
X Win   £6.65   £34.08
X Return   £7.00 £0.35 £41.08

Comments

• edited April 2013
    u waaaaaaaaatttttttttttt u hit the best flop for ya hand n fold ?

id 5 bet here pre to get it in 

on the flop its a call all day long 
  • edited April 2013
    If you are going to fold on this flop, you should just fold pre.  Personally I think we should flat the flop and look to get it in on the turn or river.
  • edited April 2013
    me personally I 4bet get it in pre, but as played I just flat flop see what happens on turn also you must have a plan or idea what flops you are happy with and what flops you never folding on imo.

just don`t understand why you fold here I will be betting pot on flops in 3bet pots vs you now lol.
  • edited April 2013
    to play AK like this maybe ok early stages of a mtt
    but cash no way
    get it in pre or asap afterwards
  • edited April 2013
    not enough kings on the flop?
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: 40nl - AKs utg in 3bet pot:
    me personally I 4bet get it in pre, but as played I just flat flop see what happens on turn also you must have a plan or idea what flops you are happy with and what flops you never folding on imo. just don`t understand why you fold here I will be betting pot on flops in 3bet pots vs you now lol.
    Posted by liamboi11
    The funny thing is i was happy with this flop but the pot size bet just seemed v strong to me in a 3bet pot, i know thats pretty much a great flop what better am i looking for ha?? like dohh said not enough KKs lol

I guess that's a note taken for me then aswell, "let liamboii keep betting pot and just station ha"
    and everyone else for that matter, i guess all i have achieved here is inadvertently shown people to bet pot in 3bet pots lol, hate how iv'e butchered this hand and guess it's time to adjust to much more of these bets ha

• edited April 2013
    @ OP. I think your alias pretty much sums it up!!!!!!!
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: 40nl - AKs utg in 3bet pot : The funny thing is i was happy with this flop but the pot size bet just seemed v strong to me in a 3bet pot, i know thats pretty much a great flop what better am i looking for ha?? like dohh said not enough KKs lol I guess that's a note taken for me then aswell, "let liamboii keep betting pot and just station ha" and everyone else for that matter, i guess all i have achieved here is inadvertently shown people to bet pot in 3bet pots lol, hate how iv'e butchered this hand and guess it's time to adjust to much more of these bets ha
    Posted by foldUfairy

we all butcher hands time to time m8 don`t worry about it just i`ve played you before and your a good solid player and defo a winning player so just a shock see you play hand this way.

and also next pot we are involved in will be funny he`s only bettin pot cause he knows I fold tptk and he knows that i know I know that he knows I know this lol.

gl at tables

• edited April 2013
    If your flatting pre you should not be folding
  • edited April 2013
    @ OP. I think your alias pretty much sums it up!!!!!!!
    Posted by davelufc
    Yeah have to agree with you there, was a serious fairy folding that flop haha
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: 40nl - AKs utg in 3bet pot : we all butcher hands time to time m8 don`t worry about it just i`ve played you before and your a good solid player and defo a winning player so just a shock see you play hand this way. and also next pot we are involved in will be funny he`s only bettin pot cause he knows I fold tptk and he knows that i know I know that he knows I know this lol. gl at tables
    Posted by liamboi11
    Yeah been running really bad past couple of days, no excuses for butchering this hand though, it really stresses me when i lose due to bad play on my behalf as that's something in my control, it's much more tilting to me than getting coolered KKs /> AAs ect as that's just variance and there's nothing anyone can do to avoid this.

Haha yep bring on the levelling wars, see you at the tables mate :)
  • edited April 2013
    not a hand u should be posting tbh coz when i lay ya im gonna think your a nit easy to bluff :)
  • edited April 2013
    not a hand u should be posting tbh coz when i lay ya im gonna think your a nit easy to bluff :)
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Haha it's all good idcu, i'm sure i can adjust, i'm mixing in some 50nl next month so bring it on :)
  • edited April 2013
    4b/c r fold to 3b pre, I don't hate the latter if villain hasn't 3b much and ye have no particular history given positions in this hand. If you flat don't fold when you make a pair