You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Online day 1s of live events.

edited April 2013 in Poker Chat
Can someone explain to me how these work?
This is the structure for a big event happening over the next few months.

Day 1 online : starting stack 5000  top 10% go through to day 2 live with the same stack they have got from day 1 online.

Day 1 live: starting stack 50000 top 10% go through to live event with same stack they got from day 1 live.

Lets say both days get 100 runners so the average stacks when both get down to 10 players will be :
Online = [100 x 5000 ] /10 = 50,000
Live    = [100 x 50000] /10 = 500,000

The online events blinds are 1/10th of the live ones and roughly half the length but that doesn't change the actuall chips in play so there is no way you can amass the same amount online as you could live.

I may have missed something here or just totally got my maths wrong but can anyone explain how this can be right?

Comments

• edited April 2013

100 times more on line than live players?
  • edited April 2013

I don't know about the event mentioned above but for the Monte Carlo event at DtD they had live as well as online day 1's. They had the same starting stack but shorter online blind levels. The % of players that got through each day was pretty much exactly the same and the top stacks were also similar so it is something that works.

• edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Online day 1s of live events.:
    100 times more on line than live players?
    Posted by MAXALLY
    The average stack would still be the same with 1000 online players and 100 going through.
  • edited April 2013
    In Response to Re: Online day 1s of live events.:
    I don't know about the event mentioned above but for the Monte Carlo event at DtD they had live as well as online day 1's. They had the same starting stack but shorter online blind levels. The % of players that got through each day was pretty much exactly the same and the top stacks were also similar so it is something that works.
    Posted by MattBates
    Its the ISPT. It makes sense if you have the same stacks but it definately says 5000 for online 50000 for live.