You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

is this fishy??

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
royal_hugo Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £93.17
vambo Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £14.95
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • K

gridman1 Raise  £1.00 £1.75 £23.01
Tydalwave Fold     
ZIMMERMAN Fold     
jaebhoy Call  £1.00 £2.75 £53.51
royal_hugo Raise  £5.00 £7.75 £88.17
vambo Fold     
gridman1 All-in  £23.01 £30.76 £0.00
jaebhoy Call  £23.01 £53.77 £30.50
royal_hugo All-in  £88.17 £141.94 £0.00
jaebhoy All-in  £30.50 £172.44 £0.00
royal_hugo Unmatched bet  £38.91 £133.53 £38.91
royal_hugo Show
  • A
  • K

gridman1 Show

jaebhoy Show
  • J
  • J

Flop

• J

Turn

• Q

River

jaebhoy Win Three Jacks £131.73  £131.73

Comments

• edited December 2009
    bearing in mind i was fairly sure i was up against two pairs, giving me 35-38%  also only needing to win the side pot to break even is this fishy?

should i be letting this go
  • edited December 2009
    soon as you had your £5 bet re-raised im folding here, as it turns out it would probably be a profitable call long term, but a lot of the time in cash, Aces or Kings will be flipped over
  • edited December 2009
    I can't scroll down the hand history, but im guessing he re-raised you pre?

I know the lad before said because it's cash they probably have AA or KK.
    I'd say because it's cash they have a weaker ace, or a lower pocket.
  • edited December 2009
    dont know because cant see what hes re raised u
  • edited December 2009
      From what i can see you have put in a further £25 in to a pot that has risen to £133 with no further betting to come. I am not certain of the odds but your 2 to 1 sounds about right and in this situation you are getting odds of just over 4 to 1 which makes this a winning move over time.

The only time this would fail is if you were up against AA or KK, but against the 2 underpairs you are getting great odds for the play.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: is this fishy??:
    I can't scroll down the hand history, but im guessing he re-raised you pre? I know the lad before said because it's cash they probably have AA or KK. I'd say because it's cash they have a weaker ace, or a lower pocket.
    Posted by HartshorN
    yea i basically got 4 bet shoved by the short stack who was playing pretty loose, this was then smooth called by the original caller who had committed half his stack with about £30 behind. So it came back to me and despite not really having any fold equity i jammed it.
  • edited December 2009
    I'm with the others here im afraid, id fold the AK after the re-shove and call. AK vs 1 opponent isn't bad but vs 2, you don't really want to be here with Aces let alone AK. Must of been LAG Players for neither of them to have AA or KK there, but in the long run I think thats a losing call.
  • edited December 2009

its a pretty marginal spot i know, but i genuinely cant see aces or kings being played like this by either of them, Gridman was a super LAG, he had been open min raising about 40%, then over betting the flop and turn. jeabhoy was fairly tight, fairly solid, but he cud put me on a squeeze here with a light holding. it was 18 more to call to win a total 72,  3-1 on my dolla. but i obv cant call when jaebhoy only has 30 behind, i shove or fold... and i dont like the fold. I ran it through a calculator and up against two pairs im 36% to win the main pot, £72. and 45% to win the £60 side pot. (and if i win the main pot i also win the side)it was a win big or go home situation and i chose to gamble....

• edited December 2009
    call, flip, win, easy game.

Stop hating on AK, haters.