You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I felt so good after making this call

edited May 2013 in The Poker Clinic
I just made an unbelievable hero call tonight playing poker at the pub, felt amazing afterwards, the guy couldn't believe i called him haha.

Blinds were 400/800, I had J3o in the big blind, everyone folds and the small blind limps in, i check my option and the flop comes Q92 rainbow. It goes check check and the turn is the ace of spades, it goes check check again and the river is another queen and the guy in the small blinds bets 800 and i call thinking my jack high will be the best hand in this spot a fair percentage of the time, i know how he plays so if he had any piece of that flop he would have bet it blind on blind, if not he would definitely bet the turn. Since the river pairs the board, and he leads out after all that checking i was just certain it must be a bluff because if he had king high or even jack high like me in that spot, he would just check and hope for a cheap showdown. So i called and he turned over 46s and my jack high was good as i thought it would be.

Was it a good call, or am i stupid to ever think jack high with a 3 kicker would be good in that spot?