You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

dry rainbow flop 8 high bet and reraised.

edited May 2013 in The Poker Clinic
I do a raise preflop then when he does a bet post flop I do a reraise thinking I am still ahead for sure then get reraised. with the board being so well gapped two pair just didn't look very likely. I would have expected sets to have just do calls on this sort of board as it looked just too dry but when not even a reraise is enough to stop him doing another raise am I heading towards facing a set.
quidnunk28 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £4.22
xBig blind  £0.04 £0.06 £3.01
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • A

craigcu12 Raise  £0.20 £0.26 £5.97
hhyftrftdr Fold     
HunterM63 Call  £0.20 £0.46 £2.96
quidnunk28 Fold     
xCall  £0.16 £0.62 £2.85
Flop

xBet  £0.20 £0.82 £2.65
craigcu12 Raise  £0.71 £1.53 £5.26
HunterM63 Fold     
xRaise  £1.02 £2.55 £1.63

Comments

• edited May 2013
    I guess he has a set that you are posting this.

With his stack behind, i would just be putting him all in.
  • edited May 2013
    At this level you cant really fold on this flop and shouldnt be doing anything else but allin. 

Yes he could have a set but he has far far more worse hands from 66,77,99,1010. Its less likely he has JJ-KK but not impossible and he could even have 8-x, 43,67 and even a strong A he things is good. Not to mention the odd A5, K5 and random bluff. Trust me, it happens.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: dry rainbow flop 8 high bet and reraised.:
    I guess he has a set that you are posting this. With his stack behind, i would just be putting him all in.
    Posted by LARSON7
    i haven't even seen the final outcome myself yet all i know is i lost it.
    the thing i'm wondering about is this, when the villain does the reraise should i just fold as two pairs seem unlikely as it isn't very well connected and doesn't have a picture card  to give the second pair .if i faced his reraise and the board was 577 i would likely fold that one putting him a triples.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: dry rainbow flop 8 high bet and reraised.:
    At this level you cant really fold on this flop and shouldnt be doing anything else but allin.  Yes he could have a set but he has far far more worse hands from 66,77,99,1010. Its less likely he has JJ-KK but not impossible and he could even have 8-x, 43,67 and even a strong A he things is good. Not to mention the odd A5, K5 and random bluff. Trust me, it happens.
    Posted by CraigSG1
    +1. 9 combos of sets if 2p unlikely compared to lots of hands mentioned above. You could consider flatting flop 3bet, but you are not folding later if you do , I think shoving best though

op, in general raise/folding value hands not a great idea readless
  • edited May 2013
    folding would be a massive mistake longterm here doesnt matter if he had a set or not this time.  Its 4nl we have aces on 852 rainbow get it in!
  • edited May 2013
    I would call and call any turn.
  • edited May 2013
    You "make" a raise and "make" a bet. You don't "do" them. lol

Anyway, you would need some absolutely rock solid reads to ever fold in this spot. If you haven't seen this guy bet or raise once in five hours, then maybe you could fold. If he's only ever shown down sets or better, then maybe you could fold.

Without those cast-iron reads, folding would be bad. You shouldn't just assume that particular betting patterns mean certain things without knowing the specific opponent. Who knows, this guy might treat an overpair as the nuts on this type of board or he might like to play his straight draws really fast.