You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Time to Stop Playing KK

So apparently, according to one of the Sky analysts (who i think is excellent) there is no luck in poker!! :)

After going out of two main event tourneys in consecutive nights with pocket Kings I have decided that:

1.  I am never going to play KK again.

2.  There is a massive amount of luck in NLHE poker ;)

BTW, I lost to 34 who hit a 3 and 4 on the flop and 99 who hit runner runner straight, I don't think I played them badly, I re raised 4 x a raise on the 34 hand pre flop and called a shove on the 99 hand pre flop.

I have now been running this badly for the last 2 months...I officially hate poker atm and may take up bingo!!!

Comments

• edited May 2013
    please do
    happy to see good players leave the site or stop playing premium hands.
    makes it easier for the rest of us.
    I had KK vs AK aipf last week.
    A on the river #sigh
    still cashed

• edited May 2013
    Lol,

Thanks for the compliment Geldy.  Although I wished I had cashed in mine.....that's my current problem..no cashes :(
  • edited May 2013
    but i was looking good for the win - but then i called an aipf with AJ - he had A2 and binked the 2 on the river

imho i suggest the lack of cashes isn't due solely to bad beats and high variance, as these do go in one's favour as well. keep on getting it in good when you should, and take a critical look at the rest of your game. forget the bad beats. worry more about where you lost more chips than you should have, or didn't win as many as you could have due to your play, not theirs. post some hands in the clinic for advice in such circumstances
  • edited May 2013
    Thats right, you need to remove KK from your range and replace it with 75offsuit.

You will then get de moniez
  • edited May 2013
    Thanks for the advice Geldy, I have to admit that I haven't always had what you could call a good poker game but imo I have improved a lot in the last few months.  The problem seems to be the 'one big hand/pot' that screws me over, I get to around the middle of a tourney, usually in or around the average chip stack then...boom, one big pot that ruins my tourney or busts me...

For example last night in the 8k B/H I was just under averag stack having had very few playable hands but keeping my head above water when I was dealt AA UTG.  I raised 4x and got one caller, flop 9K2 rainbow, I bet 3/4 pot and got shoved on...obviously I called and he had QK....what hits the river......Q ofc.

This is how I have been running for a few months now and its becoming somewhat tiresome, it does make you wonder about the software on some sites but hey ho, I may well start usig the clinic more.

And calcalfold, I think I might start going down that avenue, seems to work for some donks :)
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Time to Stop Playing KK:
    So apparently, according to one of the Sky analysts (who i think is excellent) there is no luck in poker!! :)
    Posted by Stewart1
    Yeah . . .  and bears don't $#it in the woods !
  • edited May 2013

maybe you need to hope that AA is the hand you will face because kings always seem to hit the set
    i held KK and beat tintin who had AA and here i held AA but lost to KK

simonlufc Big blind £0.04 £0.04 £3.06
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

calcalfold Fold     
    craigcu12 Raise  £0.20 £0.24 £3.92
    herzi All-in  £2.23 £2.47 £0.00
    simonlufc Fold     
    craigcu12 Call  £2.03 £4.50 £1.89
    craigcu12 Show
    • A
    • A

herzi Show
    • K
    • K

Flop

• K

Turn

• J

River

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Time to Stop Playing KK:
    maybe you need to hope that AA is the hand you will face because kings always seem to hit the set i held KK and beat tintin who had AA and here i held AA but lost to KK simonlufc Big blind £0.04 £0.04 £3.06   Your hole cards A A       calcalfold Fold         craigcu12 Raise   £0.20 £0.24 £3.92 herzi All-in   £2.23 £2.47 £0.00 simonlufc Fold         craigcu12 Call   £2.03 £4.50 £1.89 craigcu12 Show A A       herzi Show K K       Flop     6 K 10       Turn     J       River     8
    Posted by craigcu12

In a word Craig...ouch m8 :(
  • edited May 2013
    Craig I see your 2 outer, and raise you a 1 outer.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    DELDAVE Small blind
    £0.02 £0.02 £3.94
    calcalfold Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £3.86
      Your hole cards
    • J
    • J

Call   £0.04 £0.10 £11.60
    billy974 Call   £0.04 £0.14 £1.70
    DELDAVE Raise   £0.14 £0.28 £3.80
      Call   £0.12 £0.40 £3.74
    x