You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL50 - Nut flush o what to do dilema

edited May 2013 in The Poker Clinic
General opnions in a vacuum plzzzzz on all streets

does a call seem ok

oppo is reg at this level, no reads
Have not been at the table with oppo that long so nothing noticable about oppo play

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
bet3pm_co Small blind   £0.25 £0.25 £83.95
rancid Big blind   £0.50 £0.75 £113.20
  Your hole cards
  • A

j_wizard Fold        
marathon1 Fold        
x Raise   £1.50 £2.25 £96.34
bet3pm_co Fold        
rancid Call   £1.00 £3.25 £112.20
Flop

• Q

rancid Check        
x Bet   £2.44 £5.69 £93.90
rancid Call   £2.44 £8.13 £109.76
Turn

rancid Check        
x Bet   £6.00 £14.13 £87.90
rancid Raise   £14.00 £28.13 £95.76
x Call   £8.00 £36.13 £79.90
River

rancid Bet   £18.00 £54.13 £77.76
x Raise   £42.50 £96.63 £37.40
rancid

Comments

• edited May 2013
    I think I prefer raising flop but calling is fine also.

on the turn your line just looks super strong you c/c flop indicating your on draw spade hits turn and you c/r but you do need to build the pot. This why I prefer raisng flop also because you can rep 2pr/sets/qx/draws think that widens your range more rather than c/c flop then c/r turn looks like what it is flush imo.

the reg still calls turn and river pairs the board in my experiene playing most regs up to 50nl not many are ever bluffing in this spot or doing this with smaller flush imo.

suck a sick hand I prob say he has qq/66 and still call to prove I was right then moan for 5mins saying i Knew he had that why I call lol.
  • edited May 2013
    yeah,
    readless almost certainly call, just to prove he has it #sigh
    (but really worth knowing if he doesn't)
    way too strong a line to consider shoving, not that you were.
  • edited May 2013
    I think I prefer 3b pre to calling

I prob c/r flop too.

I c/c turn sometimes. When you c/r make it a bit bigger

As played I think you should prob fold even for that price, I call in game like always though
  • edited May 2013
    what are u beating on the river played fine imo just a sigh river cnt see anything ya doing thats raising this big here looks like a house to me 
  • edited May 2013
    raise flop
    raise turn bigger
    fold river
  • edited May 2013
    For those saying raise flop, what's the benefits

• edited May 2013
    our range is wider so we're repping more hands. it's quite a good flop to bluffraise on. we have more streets to get villain off a hand. raising flop usually makes more sense rather than raising turn

what value hands are we calling otf and then raising ott with? we're raising 2p/sets otf, we're not calling otf and raising the turn. So this line puts our hand v.face up
  • edited May 2013
    If we c/r flop, do we then bet out turn when flush hits? or can we check turn hoping oppo bets or would we be loosing value?
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: NL50 - Nut flush o what to do dilema:
    If we c/r flop, do we then bet out turn when flush hits? or can we check turn hoping oppo bets or would we be loosing value?
    Posted by thomas87
    we're betting most turns, definitely if flush hits. We probably shouldn't bet bad turn cards too often, i.e. cards that pair that board, worse turn card for us is another Q because it counterfeits our only possible 2 pair hand, and basically means we have either AQ/sets and there aren't many combo's. 
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: NL50 - Nut flush o what to do dilema:
    our range is wider so we're repping more hands. it's quite a good flop to bluffraise on. we have more streets to get villain off a hand. raising flop usually makes more sense rather than raising turn what value hands are we calling otf and then raising ott with? we're raising 2p/sets otf, we're not calling otf and raising the turn. So this line puts our hand v.face up
    Posted by percival09

Ya I see
  • edited May 2013
    The disadvantage of c/r the flop is the chance of being shoved off your draw. People raise the flop with flush draws so often now that if your opponent has a set they're almost certainly putting in another raise...