You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

player abuse

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
hi tikay sorry to give you problems i was playing a cash game sat 5 dec got beat fair  I GOT VERBAL ABUSE BY (XXX) ALSO (XXX) they took the pee which is out of order only been playing on sky couple of months if this is what its like you can keep it ON THE SAME TABLE SCOOTY WAS PLAYING HE NEVER SIAD ANYTHING RUE GENT I WILL NOT TAKE THIS ABUSE OF THIS SITE OR ANY OTHER ITS UP TO THE SITES TO SORT THIS STUFF OUT 

Please edit out player names as this is in breach of our forum rules. Please report abuse to Customer care team who will investigate and take the appropriate action - Sky_mod1

Comments

• edited December 2009
    You need to report this to customer services - Tikay isn't "Sky Poker" - he can't do everything. 
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: player abuse:
    You need to report this to customer services - Tikay isn't "Sky Poker" - he can't do everything. 
    Posted by darich
    calm down calm down!!
  • edited December 2009
    unlucky sir.  i didnt see anything myself as i had the chat off.  but if you want to report abuse then send sky an email and they will look into it for yuou
  • edited December 2009
    Hi potters186,

firstly it's not Tikays job to sort it out buddy, he is a part of the team but as a presenter / Analyst an we just have the bonus of having him on the forum.

Secondly abuse is not an everyday thing on here, a rare thing in fact.

Thirdly the site cannot sort it out without the customer interaction of actually reporting the problem.

Get hold of customer service an report the problem to them and they will sort it out for you buddy ;) Welcome to sky poker by the way ;)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to player abuse : Sorry I don't agree its a competitive game .I take it and I dish it out simple as. Its not up to the site to hold your hand. Maybe you could ask yo momma????
    Posted by acetenolol
    it is a competitive game agreed, but there is a certain etiquette that should be followed and standards maintained. Banter yes! no problem with that. People taking the rise because of others ability, no place for it here an i think the majority of members here would agree with that too! Poker needs to be played in the right spirit while maintaining the competitive edge as well ;) 
  • edited December 2009
    chat abuse something that happens, either report it or turn chat off :)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to player abuse:
    hi tikay sorry to give you problems i was playing a cash game sat 5 dec got beat fair  I GOT VERBAL ABUSE BY SHADES ALSO FLAMES 13 they took the pee which is out of order only been playing on sky couple of months if this is what its like you can keep it ON THE SAME TABLE SCOOTY WAS PLAYING HE NEVER SIAD ANYTHING RUE GENT I WILL NOT TAKE THIS ABUSE OF THIS SITE OR ANY OTHER ITS UP TO THE SITES TO SORT THIS STUFF OUT  
    Posted by potters186
     Sorry to hear about the abuse you got m8,Firstly can i say 99% of the players on here are poker buddies who enjoy the craic, 2nd,its a fact of life that on-line poker comes with its Verbal abuse.its not right but it happens.
    May i suggest next time it happens,turn your chat off m8.

Welcome to skypoker,and look forward to hearing you on the forum telling us what a great tourny you had,and what a laugh the banter was,trust me you will.

GL at the tables m8.
      FITZ
  • edited December 2009
    Hi potters

You need to contact customer care to report abuse, unfortunately, it is against house rules putting there names on the forum.
  • edited December 2009
    I posted a blog last night on exactly the same thing and it seems that mine has been deleted???? I took the names out of it to protect the identity and to keep within the rules so can someone please tell me what has happend to it???

shanker1974
  • edited December 2009
    I posted a blog last night on exactly the same thing and it seems that mine has been deleted???? I took the names out of it to protect the identity and to keep within the rules so can someone please tell me what has happend to it??? shanker1974
    Posted by shanker197
    it got deleted?
  • edited December 2009
    I posted a blog last night on exactly the same thing and it seems that mine has been deleted???? I took the names out of it to protect the identity and to keep within the rules so can someone please tell me what has happend to it??? shanker1974
    Posted by shanker197
    Although you edited the post, you still left a couple of references to the player concerned in the body of the text, which is the probable reason the thread was deleted.
    I noticed you have reported the incident and I hope you get it sorted out to your satisfaction as there's no reason for that sort of behaviour.
  • edited December 2009
    A couple of posters in tis thread have stated that verbal abuse is simply a part of online poker, and for us all to either put up with it or turn off the chat.

I could not disagree with that more.  Firstly, the chat rules clearly state that verbal abuse is not acceptable, so anyone using it should be reported to customer services.  Presumably they then get a chat ban which resolves the issue.

Secondly, the chat box is there for everyone to use, within the rules, so to suggest players who are being abused in the chat box should turn it off and miss out on some friendy chat is plain wrong.

In my opinion, any time anyone is on the receiving end of, or witnesses verbal abuse in the chat box, they should report it to customer services.  Chances are, anytime it happens, the person who dishes it out has done it previously and got away with it.

If this is reported every time, then it will become less and less prevalent, and we can get on with enjoying playing on the site.
  • edited December 2009
    A couple of posters in tis thread have stated that verbal abuse is simply a part of online poker, and for us all to either put up with it or turn off the chat. I could not disagree with that more.  Firstly, the chat rules clearly state that verbal abuse is not acceptable, so anyone using it should be reported to customer services.  Presumably they then get a chat ban which resolves the issue. Secondly, the chat box is there for everyone to use, within the rules, so to suggest players who are being abused in the chat box should turn it off and miss out on some friendy chat is plain wrong. In my opinion, any time anyone is on the receiving end of, or witnesses verbal abuse in the chat box, they should report it to customer services.  Chances are, anytime it happens, the person who dishes it out has done it previously and got away with it. If this is reported every time, then it will become less and less prevalent, and we can get on with enjoying playing on the site.
    Posted by Buistyboy
    +1
  • edited December 2009
    A couple of posters in tis thread have stated that verbal abuse is simply a part of online poker, and for us all to either put up with it or turn off the chat. I could not disagree with that more.  Firstly, the chat rules clearly state that verbal abuse is not acceptable, so anyone using it should be reported to customer services.  Presumably they then get a chat ban which resolves the issue. Secondly, the chat box is there for everyone to use, within the rules, so to suggest players who are being abused in the chat box should turn it off and miss out on some friendy chat is plain wrong. In my opinion, any time anyone is on the receiving end of, or witnesses verbal abuse in the chat box, they should report it to customer services.  Chances are, anytime it happens, the person who dishes it out has done it previously and got away with it. If this is reported every time, then it will become less and less prevalent, and we can get on with enjoying playing on the site.
    Posted by Buistyboy
    Agreed +2 common sense view as always buddy!!! nice post!
  • edited December 2009
    Posted by Buistyboy
    +2  Thanks Ray I don't need to write any more lol
  • edited December 2009
    thanks barry and wayne. 

By the way, liking the new avatar wayne. The attention to detail is quality, Mr mafia on the t-shirt.
  • edited December 2009
    oh, by the way, wayne, you posted a message on my personal board that i think was meant for dav1964 (i think thats his name).  Dont worry, there was nothing incriminating in its content mate ;)
  • edited December 2009
    hi there dave, your post hadnt appeared when i wrote my reply.  Hope the new job is going well mate
  • edited December 2009
    AHHHH somone noticed it lol an the mr mafia on the t-shirt!!! nope that message was for you buddy!!!
  • edited December 2009
    i have to admit it took buistyboy's comments for me to see it.... but after seeing it, i liked it! very much!
  • edited December 2009
    i'm getting worried about what that means about the way my brain works if things like that are coming to my attention and no one elses. 

I wish i was half as observant at the poker table!
  • edited December 2009
    The two players names that were cited in the original post have been removed, however they are repaeted in atleast two replies which contain the original post.

Just thought I'd brring it to your attention!

• edited December 2009
    i have to admit it took buistyboy's comments for me to see it.... but after seeing it, i liked it! very much!
    Posted by Sky_Rich

I am lost! what did i miss in ray's post rich?? lol ;)
  • edited December 2009
    that you had Mr Mafia on your avatar's shirt
  • edited December 2009
    The two players names that were cited in the original post have been removed, however they are repaeted in atleast two replies which contain the original post. Just thought I'd brring it to your attention!
    Posted by Rattious

thank you!
  • edited December 2009
    that you had Mr Mafia on your avatar's shirt
    Posted by Sky_Rich
    ah right! lol, well it was you that put me onto it ;) i did leave a question in the cartoon thread that you never did answer so i will ask it here, any chance i can use this avatar when at the tables? as the sky ones are a bit boring ;)
  • edited December 2009
    i'm afraid not. there is work being done on the table avatars but for now you will have to use one of the selectable few.

sorry i didn't answer this before!