You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday Night. Primo Night on Sky Poker Tv CH861 with Fowler and Tikay 7pm kick off ***official***

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat
It's the Sunday Grind, with no excuse to not get involved with our main event tonight seeing as it's a bank holiday tomorrow, so hopefully a lie in for you :)

Hope you are enjoying the weekend.  I have mainly spent the weekend developing a new interest in criminal psychology, and police interrogations! Don't ask!

ANYWAY onto happier subjects.... Tikay... in his wonderful attire will be on screen with me tonight from 7pm until midnight.  Say hi if you can

SKYOPEN@BSKYB.COM
TWITTER: #SKYPOKERTV

Tonight look like this

7-8pm    MasterCash hands coming your way from the TV tables. Jump on one and hopefully we get to see you play.

8-midnight   Primo Coverage.  We want to cover new players, players who have satelited in, and we will try and get some hands from the mini.  Feel free to tell us of any interesting hands you might have played.

See you all later. Enjoy you Sunday night Poker night with us

A xxxxx

Comments

• edited May 2013

Pack it up,

Pack it in,

Let me begin,

Jump Around.........

• edited May 2013

Ahem, sorry about that.

Should be a fun Show tonight, with Cash coverage preceding wall to wall PRIMO.

We'll also try & name check some of the BIG DEAL pacemakers, & discuss SPT Dublin.

I'm coming to get ya......

Jump around

Jump around,

Jump

Jump

Jump

Ju.......
  • edited May 2013

Questions for Anna or me?

SkyOpen@bskyb.com, via Twitter @SkyPoker, or this thread.

• edited May 2013

Best book you ever read on poker?

I got given this as a gift yesterday, though the poker connection is a tad teneous. Epic readage.

• edited May 2013

Most interesting hand of poker you have played this week?

Send it innnnnnnnnnnnnnn
  • edited May 2013
    jump up jump up n get down  

house of pain :) 

i hope to sat in the primo tonight n CrUsH   have a great show anna +  victor meldrew i mean tikay :)
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night. Primo Night on Sky Poker Tv CH861 with Fowler and Tikay 7pm kick off ***official***:
    Most interesting hand of poker you have played this week? Send it innnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    Posted by Tikay10

Hi Anna and Tikay, looking forward to another great show from the quintessential odd couple ;)

As I recently grew a bit bored of hold em I have started playing Omaha and PLO8 so my most interesting hand of the week is about a million times more interesting than normal, il have to check but im pretty sure I had a "triple double bellybuster" lol that is to say going to the river I had about 5 or 6 cards to hit to make a str8, I knew this wasn't great given the action so folded but it certainly caught my eye. I guess there are many more interesting variations of these, double flush draws are 18 outs yowzer!

Can you talk a little about these games and why more ppl should play them (cough Wednesday 19:30 PLO8 rebuy tournament cough) and also when we may see them on the channel (i seem to remember you saying its soon teeks)

have a great show :)
    Janana (real name not as good)
  • edited May 2013
    Evening all.

I love psychology and police interrigations, infact I have a degree in it.  It is my third degree.

I'm back after a much needed month off poker and a weeks trip to The Netherlands.  Does Anna or Tikay know the differance between The Netherlands and Holland?  No?  Well I will tell you.  It's like calling concrete, cement.  You just don't do it.  Long story short, its more like calling America, Dakota.  If you want to know more then follow the link below

The best book I've ever read on poker is "the raisers edge" by Elky and others.  It also happens to be the only book I've read on poker so far so it's the best by default!
  • edited May 2013
    I'm not going to be mean tonight.

I'm looking forward to the Play the Presenter with Mr Kendall this week - Your chance to plug the event on the show. My chance to be an Omaha spew-monkey. :)

The best poker books to learn the game are the "Harrington on Hold 'em" books. They're only really good for beginners but they are great for learning the fundamentals of the game.

The most interesting book I've read is Gus Hansen's "Every Hand Revealed", featuring Mr. Brian Hartigan. None other than the father of the Sky Poker presenter who shares his surname. Interesting, no?

Have a bonny, bonny show Anna and Tikay.
  • edited May 2013
    55 v KJ i misread situation i thought i was all in too call. Huge mistake on my part. No quarells. 
  • edited May 2013
    hand  650451180 from MC1.  I had to call on the river, didn't I??????
  • edited May 2013
    Think tonight is only like the 2nd or 3rd time I've ever played the Primo but decided this afternoon I was gonna satellite in, and after huors of play, I managed to do it for about £35 total.

First scouse Jackpot?
  • edited May 2013
    offshoot,scott77 ,tommyd,what sort of incentive is that to sit down lol
  • edited May 2013
    Evening,

just to clear things up

cenachav is joking!!!

It's lamb!

or is it?
  • edited May 2013
    Why were you chucked out of the brownies? We need to know.

It's good to hear that you'll be doing some play the presenter thingymabobs yourself Anna. I'm sure you'll find me on one or two of your tables. I'll look after you... and your money, too. Your hair looks perfectly reasonable, by the way. It's entirely satisfactory hair.

"Harmless mean"? I'm not sure why people think that about me. I just like to make people cry sometimes.

(Brian Hartigan lost his stack to Gus Hansen in the 2007 Aussie Millions and it made Mr Hansen's book as one of the pivotal hands.)
  • edited May 2013
    I never lie!!!!

ok, occasionally I may run the odd bluff or two, or twenty ;)

Got you all thinking  which is always a good thing.

Good luck to everyone playing SPT Dublin at the weekend, pity about the bar restrictions though!

Run well all
  • edited May 2013

I got a battenburg cake the other day... but I couldn't eat it. The jam had gelatine in it and I'm a veggie...

Such a tease, that cake. It's just sitting there in my kitchen.

• edited May 2013
    What does Tikay think of my river bluff here in tonight's Primo? (might be best to conceal the opponents cards)

Hand History #650483202 (20:39 05/05/2013)

• edited May 2013
    Giesahaun is pronouced geeza hawn, it means give me a hand.
  • edited May 2013
    That Raggy Dolls comment took me back a few years Anna, was my young daughters favourite show with that very annoying tune :)

Dont be scared if you dont fit in ! Look whos in the reject bin . . . . Raggy Dolls , Raggy Dolls la la la la la :)

Btw i disagree with the earlier statement someone made about you and Tikay reminding them of Lady and the Tramp . . . . . . . . . . . IMO Tikay looks nothing like Lady :)

Great show 

Daz
  • edited May 2013
    evening all perhaps sunday is a day of passive play.

when I hold straight and flush draws I keep having to make the bets myself. on one of the nl4p tables I was on,  a pot size which should have been probably £6-£8 was 40p when the hands themselves were QQ and set3 on a board 9 high.
    preflop it was limped
    flop 4h 2c 9s all checked
    turn 3s QQ bet 12p 33 called
    river5c QQ checked 33 checked.
  • edited May 2013

hi anna, tikay....

jackpot possibles are....

JACKPOT 21:46 pm    

main mini both % main in mini
    entered 213 393 93 44
    left 91 130 17  

P6 2 36    
    jawzindawz 5 68    
    Hoff92 12 28    
    raymon1969 15 118    
    yoyo 20 128    
    666Cola 21 56    
    1267 24 100    
    Wacko90 53 88    
    gazzaluf05 54 90    
    Curt360x27 58 24    
    dodgylgit 59 117    
    castatray 60 45    
    alig1234 64 13    
    minty11 74 7    
    Crusha 75 125    
    AAPEREGRIN 80 2    
    andrew1947 84 21    

• edited May 2013
    Sigh Aussie, put that list up 5 mins earlier and I'd have made an appearance lol.

Just bust the main getting it in with AA on 225 when someone fancied peeling pre with 24o :)
  • edited May 2013
    Anna, I just want to let you know I've not had my wedding invitation through yet. I don't want you to worry about why I've not replied. Must be delayed in the mail or something. I'll give it another few days before chasing it up with the post office.

I've got you a lovely gravy boat and I've got myself a date*... and no she's not being paid... or a family member... or inflatable.

Looking forward to it. :)

*Another obvious bluff from me.
  • edited May 2013

It was a week last Friday when duck won the jackpot. I remember as I got r/u in the mini.
  • edited May 2013
    10:07 PM main mini both % main in mini  
    entered 213 393 93 44  
    left 68 92 8    

P6 6 65      
    666Cola 7 19      
    jawzindawz 9 86      
    Hoff92 19 40      
    gazzaluf05 38 15      
    AAPEREGRIN 60 6      
    alig1234 64 9      
    minty11 65 13      

• edited May 2013
    Do I have to actually get you a gravy boat now?
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night. Primo Night on Sky Poker Tv CH861 with Fowler and Tikay 7pm kick off ***official***:
    It was a week last Friday when duck won the jackpot. I remember as I got r/u in the mini.
    Posted by MAXALLY

stop it al.  let it go.

• edited May 2013
    Mistakes to make for your wedding:

1) Not having a wedding list.

2) Announcing on national television that you don't have a gravy boat and need one.

I hope you really like gravy.
  • edited May 2013
    Hey guys just been knocked out by the amazing yoyo and got unlucky but that is poker and that is why we love the game.Maybe next time. Great show guys. :)