You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BA or Virgin for Vegas?

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi all, me and the misses are looking to go Vegas for the first time this summer (not during WSOP). BA are coming in cheaper than Virgin but just wondering if any of you had a prefrence.  Cheers in advance.

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Both have an excellent safety record, so you're unlikely to experience vertical acceleration of -10,000 ft/min with either :)
    GL.

• edited May 2013
    In Response to BA or Virgin for Vegas?:
    Hi all, me and the misses are looking to go Vegas for the first time this summer (not during WSOP). BA are coming in cheaper than Virgin but just wondering if any of you had a prefrence.  Cheers in advance.
    Posted by lammin

Pretty close imo. Do you know if either airline uses an airbus a380 for the flight. I have been told these planes are much more comfortable than a 747(makes me sound like tikay!).

Off course if you have tons of airmiles like me this is the way....

#brag!
  • edited May 2013

If flying from London, Virgin fly to Vegas from Gatwick, & BA fly from Heathrow. Long-Term Parking is slightly cheaper @ Gatwick.

Both airports are served by fast trains from London direct to the Airport, the Gatwick Express goes from Victoria, & the Heathrow Express from Paddington. Heathrow is also served by London Underground.

Both airports have daily flights to Vegas.

The Virgin flight leaves London @ 11.30am, & arrives Vegas around 2.30pm local, so you get the afternoon & evening in Vegas. The return flight via Virgin leaves at 4.30pm Local, & arrives Gatwick around 0930am.

The BA flight leaves London later, early to mid afternoon I believe, & so arrives Vegas late afternoon/early evening.

Both airlines use a 747. The Virgin ones are quite ancient models, but are all in the process of being internally refurbed at present, & the refurbed ones are really very nice.

Neither airline currently has the A380. Virgin get their first A380 at the end of this month, BA get their first A380 in June, though neither will be on the London-Vegas flight in the foreseeable future.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: BA or Virgin for Vegas?:
    If flying from London, Virgin fly to Vegas from Gatwick, & BA fly from Heathrow. Long-Term Parking is slightly cheaper @ Gatwick.   Both airports are served by fast trains from London direct to the Airport, the Gatwick Express goes from Victoria, & the Heathrow Express from Paddington. Heathrow is also served by London Underground. Both airports have daily flights to Vegas. The Virgin flight leaves London @ 11.30am, & arrives Vegas around 2.30pm local, so you get the afternoon & evening in Vegas. The return flight via Virgin leaves at 4.30pm Local, & arrives Gatwick around 0930am. The BA flight leaves London later, early to mid afternoon I believe, & so arrives Vegas late afternoon/early evening. Both airlines use a 747. The Virgin ones are quite ancient models, but are all in the process of being internally refurbed at present, & the refurbed ones are really very nice. Neither airline currently has the A380. Virgin get their first A380 at the end of this month, BA get their first A380 in June, though neither will be on the London-Vegas flight in the foreseeable future.
    Posted by Tikay10

I didnt expect anything less thorough Tikay! Did you know that first class on singapore airlines a380 is practically a room to yourself, insane !