You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The sneaky weaky style?-- is it good play?

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat
 If he raises first, I call and probably have to fold the flop

Comments

• edited May 2013
      I think it's madness, but I was wrong once before

tory #650570519 (23:37 05/05/2013)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    sneaky
    Small blind   15.00 15.00 6100.00
    oynutter Big blind   30.00 45.00 15680.00
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • A

MrLines Call   30.00 75.00 4500.00
    CHAZTT Call   30.00 105.00 1500.00
    rmoa Call   30.00 135.00 7370.00
    sneaky
    Call   15.00 150.00 6085.00
    oynutter Raise   360.00 510.00 15320.00
    MrLines Fold        
    CHAZTT Fold        
    rmoa Fold        
    sneaky
    Raise   720.00 1230.00 5365.00
    oynutter All-in   15320.00 16550.00 0.00
    sneaky
    All-in   5365.00 21915.00 0.00
    oynutter Unmatched bet   9595.00 12320.00 9595.00
    sneaky
    Show
    • Q
    • Q

oynutter Show
    • K
    • A

Flop

Turn

• A

River

oynutter Win Pair of Aces 12320.00   21915.00

• edited May 2013
    Hes over limped then raised your squeeze, his line doesn't make much sense - but im going to guess this is a low stake deepie. Therefore i think hes polarized to nutting hands which makes me think you can fold. 

Meh such a spew spot to be honest 
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: The sneaky weaky style?-- is it good play?:
    Hes over limped then raised your squeeze, his line doesn't make much sense - but im going to guess this is a low stake deepie. Therefore i think hes polarized to nutting hands which makes me think you can fold.  Meh such a spew spot to be honest 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Its even worse in a low stakes speed tournie, even winning players will check trap with massive hands. The decision to call is situational. If it is a good player who has this bad habit snap fold. Otherwise I am calling all the way. A lot of donks limp raggy aces and call off their chips when you shove!
  • edited May 2013
     But surely after the whole table calls, he should raise to try and thin the field?
  • edited May 2013
     But surely after the whole table calls, he should raise to try and thin the field?
    Posted by oynutter
    Its a snap call all the way then, and move on. 
  • edited May 2013
    Aye--- It's just that loads of players seem to be taking this sneaky flat calling approach--- I hate it~!!!!---lol

• edited May 2013
    unfortunetly it seems like you both are giving this guy credit for being a good plater - im not saying your wrong. But weaker players often just do something thats worked once or twice in the hope it works again. 

Gooner are we ever 500BB deep in a speed? However in a speed id be more enclided to go broke with structures etc.

I know effective stack is only like 200BB but his play is something i see all the time from weaker players, it very common live - at least where i play anyways, and its normally a nutting hand. I mean i don;t think we see AQ here enough of the time. Some players will have TT/JJ in there range for doing this, but readless v a random id be giving them a QQ+ AK+ range, I know we have blockers to AA/KK and another AK's but i just feel long term readless its easier to fold these spots. Expessially given we have a good stack we will find better v this kind of opponent. 

Then again I have more than 15 seconds to think about it, on table i probably do the same as Oynutter because we has AK and he makes no sense. So dont think im being preechy please. :) 
  • edited May 2013
     Don -- I'm certainly not giving him credit as a good player--- I consider his limp to be lunacy mate---- It would be an ok thing to do if the whole table had already folded, but in this spot, I think it's crazy risky play---- But so many people seem to be doing it, I thought perhaps it's a new craze and there might be a reason for it---- I would never flat call the sb with qq with 5 players in the hand

Ps--It was indeed a cheapy deepy--- I kind of thought he was a loony with 88 or something, and could afford to try my luck with that stack so early
  • edited May 2013
    Did'nt seem much point in flat calling his raise there---- If I'm up against a pair, then I want to see all 5 cards innit
  • edited May 2013
    unfortunetly it seems like you both are giving this guy credit for being a good plater - im not saying your wrong. But weaker players often just do something thats worked once or twice in the hope it works again.  Gooner are we ever 500BB deep in a speed? However in a speed id be more enclided to go broke with structures etc. I know effective stack is only like 200BB but his play is something i see all the time from weaker players, it very common live - at least where i play anyways, and its normally a nutting hand. I mean i don;t think we see AQ here enough of the time. Some players will have TT/JJ in there range for doing this, but readless v a random id be giving them a QQ+ AK+ range, I know we have blockers to AA/KK and another AK's but i just feel long term readless its easier to fold these spots. Expessially given we have a good stack we will find better v this kind of opponent.  Then again I have more than 15 seconds to think about it, on table i probably do the same as Oynutter because we has AK and he makes no sense. So dont think im being preechy please. :) 
    Posted by The_Don90

I am not one to comment about deepstack mtts, at lower stakes I would rather slit my wrist but I get where your coming from. 

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: The sneaky weaky style?-- is it good play? : I am not one to comment about deepstack mtts, at lower stakes I would rather slit my wrist but I get where your coming from. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    LOL--- I often nearly do!!!
  • edited May 2013
    I came across a coup[le of players doing this at the weekend. They don't understand table dynamics or position and will flat even if theres already been 2 or 3 flat calls. I was caught out myself with my AQ sooted. I was in BB raised to thin the field he flat called me in SB with AA. It's very risky in my view but sometimes it pays off.

I don't think it's widespread but there are some who constantly do it.