You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Massive river overbet- nuts or bluff

edited May 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Reads on guy is he is capable of doing some random moves but mainly solid.

Is calling the turn then folding river bad???

I really can't work out still if this was a good fold or not???

Opinions please...............................

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
STR1BS Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £46.73
DoDaMath Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £32.59
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

xxxRaise  £0.40 £0.70 £50.33
AJ_Rockets Fold     
donkeyplop Raise  £1.20 £1.90 £38.50
ljb1989 Fold     
STR1BS Fold     
DoDaMath Fold     
xxxCall  £0.80 £2.70 £49.53
Flop

xxxCheck     
donkeyplop Bet  £2.03 £4.73 £36.47
xxx Raise  £4.06 £8.79 £45.47
donkeyplop Call  £2.03 £10.82 £34.44
Turn

xxx Bet  £6.80 £17.62 £38.67
donkeyplop Call  £6.80 £24.42 £27.64
River

xxx Bet  £35.60 £60.02 £3.07
donkeyplop Fold     
xxx Muck     
xxxWin  £23.19  £26.26
xxx Return  £35.60

Comments

• edited May 2013
    3bet bigger pre

I'm not sure if he's stupid enough to overvalue 99-QQ that much so I fold too. He's never bluffing either this deep especially
  • edited May 2013
    Yes the 3 bet was a touch too small.

Still odd sizing on the river.
  • edited May 2013
    Kinda sucks because me saying fold basically means I think he has 5x, 77 or AA, which is such a narrow range and not many combo's, but I don't think he's over-valuing 99-QQ, he might be but I doubt it, and I just don't think he'd be bluffing this deep at all, esp with it being 20nl. I don't think he has any air in his range, it just depends whether he's over-valuing his hand
  • edited May 2013
    What solid reg min raises utg deep though and then check min raises the flop repping nothing. Just seems like a goon to me.

If hes a reg we should have some basic bet/raise sizing tells and if we don't then we haven't been paying enough attention. 

• edited May 2013
    given  your reads im 75% sure on actually knowing the name of the villian. 

Preflop has been dealt with by others so im purely going to focus on the rest. 

If the villian is who i think it is then im leaning towards a fold. - in game i probably tilt sigh call though. 
  • edited May 2013
    fold and feel good unless u seen oppo bomb river like a dwill

even funnier they have left 3.07 behind

what are you beating QQ  and some very weird bluff or a total stoopid 76 )
  • edited May 2013
    Solid guy min opens utg deep?  Is this his standard open? What do you think his 3b calling range is? Has he any idea how to bet size

His river bet is just slightly over pot.  I'm calling cos I can't fold overpairs v this line. Overpair imo, if you are beaten it will nearly always be AA think he can show up with bluffs sometimes too
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Massive river overbet- nuts or bluff:
    Solid guy min opens utg deep?  Is this his standard open? What do you think his 3b calling range is? Has he any idea how to bet size His river bet is just slightly over pot.  I'm calling cos I can't fold overpairs v this line. Overpair imo, if you are beaten it will nearly always be AA think he can show up with bluffs sometimes too
    Posted by grantorino
    I really don't think so. 

We can just fold until we have actual evidence of him being a sp az
  • edited May 2013
    I did say mainly solid.

He is capable of doing some odd/unstandard plays like here.

There seems to be a trend at this level of min opening, not sure why?
  • edited May 2013
    I did say mainly solid. He is capable of doing some odd/unstandard plays like here. There seems to be a trend at this level of min opening, not sure why?
    Posted by donkeyplop
    min opening on the button is fine, your guaranteed postion. min opening utg doesn't make so much sense when you'll prob end up going 4 way oop or getting squeezed a ton
  • edited May 2013
    Its never a call, think grantorino is very wrong is this situation.

Uv played these stakes enough, vs these oppo's to know your good enough to fold in these spots. Cant think of a good reason to call.

The river sizing SCREAMS ''I have a monster'' and want to get as much value as possible. In my experience when oppo's bluff, they do not do that bet sizing on the river.
  • edited May 2013
    I did say mainly solid. He is capable of doing some odd/unstandard plays like here. There seems to be a trend at this level of min opening, not sure why?
    Posted by donkeyplop
    maybe mtt players not adjusting well to playing cash
    while in mtts - live at least - I am still getting compliments when I min raise utg.

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Massive river overbet- nuts or bluff : maybe mtt players not adjusting well to playing cash while in mtts - live at least - I am still getting compliments when I min raise utg.
    Posted by GELDY
    min raising in mtts is completely differen. in mtts we are rarely 100/200BB deep thus when we min raise UTG we dont offer the entire world implied odds with random cards
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Massive river overbet- nuts or bluff : min raising in mtts is completely differen. in mtts we are rarely 100/200BB deep thus when we min raise UTG we dont offer the entire world implied odds with random cards
    Posted by The_Don90
    exactly, and some peeps do not realize that