You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Breaks in DYM's?

edited August 2013 in Poker Chat
Anyone think they would be a good idea?? i've just started playing them more and when im playing them alongside a few torunies it gets annoying that i dont get a chance to have a break, and when im just multi-tabling them if i decide i want a break i have to wait for all of them to finish wihich takes about 30mins.. I dunno if there are many cons to having a break in sitngo's but if there are then i'd be welcome to hearing them, but me personally i think it would be a great addition to the site 

Comments

• edited May 2013
    a break in a 1table 6max s&g is just a big no go

would cause way more problems than it'd solve. People generally play these 1 table s&g's for a quick way to potentially make money and don't want a 5 minute break
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Breaks in DYM's?:
    Anyone think they would be a good idea?? i've just started playing them more and when im playing them alongside a few torunies it gets annoying that i dont get a chance to have a break, and when im just multi-tabling them if i decide i want a break i have to wait for all of them to finish wihich takes about 30mins.. I dunno if there are many cons to having a break in sitngo's but if there are then i'd be welcome to hearing them, but me personally i think it would be a great addition to the site 
    Posted by jordz16
    good point sir
  • edited May 2013
    Start your DYM's between 5 past the hour and quarter past the hour.
    That way they will be finished by 5 to the hour when the MTT breaks are.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Breaks in DYM's?:
    Start your DYM's between 5 past the hour and quarter past the hour. That way they will be finished by 5 to the hour when the MTT breaks are.
    Posted by VespaPX
    you dont get to pick and choose what time you play dyms, you play when they fill up!!!
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Breaks in DYM's? : you dont get to pick and choose what time you play dyms, you play when they fill up!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Keep an empty bottle by your computer then !
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Breaks in DYM's? : Keep an empty bottle by your computer then !
    Posted by VespaPX
    tramp
  • edited May 2013
    Why is that trampy?

Perfectly sensible imo
  • edited May 2013
    DYMs start when the table fills so you could find yourself on a 5 minute break after the first hand. That might suit the mult-tablers but from my perspective it would be very irritating.
  • edited August 2013
    Sorry to the OP, but breaks in a dym sit n go are a terrible idea. They last around 30 minutes!!!! Introducing a break would deter many players including the fish :-(
  • edited August 2013

Breaks in DYM's would not be a goer, Jordz.

They only last 30 to 45 minutes, & most people multi-table them, so the breaks would be at different times. Sync breaks would not work either, the sync break could be 1 minute in, or at the very moment you are on the cash bubble, which would be a tad irritating in both cases.

Just sit out after the Button passes if you need a loo break.

• edited August 2013
    Breaks in DYM's would not be a goer, Jordz. They only last 30 to 45 minutes, & most people multi-table them, so the breaks would be at different times. Sync breaks would not work either, the sync break could be 1 minute in, or at the very moment you are on the cash bubble, which would be a tad irritating in both cases. Just sit out after the Button passes if you need a loo break.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    or use the nearest receptacle.... :)