You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

i'm out.

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
Lost to much money now, to many bad beats, to much bad luck. Just played my last DYM, was card dead all the way through hit AK, and ran it into AA.

People can say ye ye whatever, i'm just another loser.

But poker has finally took it's toll on me, will only be playing freerolls from now on, but shall stick around the forums.

P.S Also came to the point where i was scared to get involved in hand sbecause i thought it would end up in a bad beat.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    confidence ya need yer confidence back
  • edited December 2009
    Confidence mate that is all it is.Take a break,come back refreshed,forget what has happened,stick to ure bankroll and im sure ure luck will change.gl m8 hope to see ya soon.dav
  • edited December 2009
    It's all about confidence and BRManagement. I have had bad spells but sticking to my 5% rule I have never gone bust and finally I have got to a triple figure BR. Take care, take a break, read up, and come back all guns firing.

Dave
  • edited December 2009
    Take some time out m8 remember its only a week ago you were cashing in pretty regularly
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: i'm out.:
    It's all about confidence and BRManagement. I have had bad spells but sticking to my 5% rule I have never gone bust and finally I have got to a triple figure BR. Take care, take a break, read up, and come back all guns firing. Dave
    Posted by Grimstar30
    Perfectly summed up innit - I've done the same.

Hart, hope you re-evaluate and return soon :)

• edited December 2009
    dont let it get u down mate
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to i'm out.:
    Lost to much money now, to many bad beats, to much bad luck. Just played my last DYM, was card dead all the way through hit AK, and ran it into AA. People can say ye ye whatever, i'm just another loser. But poker has finally took it's toll on me, will only be playing freerolls from now on, but shall stick around the forums. P.S Also came to the point where i was scared to get involved in hand sbecause i thought it would end up in a bad beat.
    Posted by HartshorN

Don't give up Hartshorn .... today I cashed in 3 DYMs, thought I was Phil Ivey.  10 Minutes ago, busted out of the £15k Primo with my AA ... chap hit 2 pair on the river.  Not sure why he called my three big raises though ... but still .. up 1 minute, down to earth with a bump the next.  Take a short break ... and come back refreshed.
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to i'm out.:
    Lost to much money now, to many bad beats, to much bad luck. Just played my last DYM, was card dead all the way through hit AK, and ran it into AA. People can say ye ye whatever, i'm just another loser. But poker has finally took it's toll on me, will only be playing freerolls from now on, but shall stick around the forums. P.S Also came to the point where i was scared to get involved in hand sbecause i thought it would end up in a bad beat.
    Posted by HartshorN
    This is when a break is needed! Hopefully u can come back refreshed and make the correct decisions again. Confidence is a massive part of playing poker correctly.
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks for the input much appreciated.

Had a chat with my brother and hee's flung me a tenner into an account see if i can build it up playing micro rakes, anyhow, first DYM i enter
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Bernard80 Small blind   15.00 15.00 2085.00
    n0000dles Big blind   30.00 45.00 1870.00
      Your hole cards

wozadinio Fold        
    HartshorN Call   30.00 75.00 2160.00
    paul66 Fold        
    mickyboy58 Fold        
    Bernard80 Fold        
    n0000dles Check        
    Flop

• J
    • J

n0000dles Check        
    HartshorN Check        
    Turn

n0000dles Check        
    HartshorN Check        
    River

n0000dles Bet   75.00 150.00 1795.00
    HartshorN Raise   180.00 330.00 1980.00
    n0000dles Raise   540.00 870.00 1255.00
    HartshorN Call   435.00 1305.00 1545.00
    n0000dles Show
    • J

HartshorN Show

n0000dles Win Full House, Jacks and 2s 1305.00   2560.00

Probably got to greedy but was never gonna get him off it, so another runner runner lol.
  • edited December 2009
    Shortly after opponent got runner runner to make his flush over my tptk.

Think it is time for a break :)
  • edited December 2009
    Hi Hartshorn

Take a bit of a break, maybe a week or something, and come back and see how you feel.  If you have no confidence there is no point in playing as you will struggle to make the right plays, and more importantly you wont even enjoy playing the game.

Hope you're back to enjoying your poker soon mate
  • edited December 2009
    Dude! i did the same thing a few weeks ago buddy, when it get's on top like this you make the wrong calls an every hand you lose is or seems like a bad beat. The important thing here is your not enjoying it an your confidence seems shattered. My advice as i have just gone through it is take a break for a few days. I did, my bankroll was very limited and down to the last nickels an dimes so to speak. Had a few days off where i didn't think about poker came back an raring to go. Bankroll a tenner from 3 figures now! it does help ;).

When you comeback refreshed you will know how to handle this better and experience will stand you in good stead! i started to wobble a few nights ago and with the last experience i just logged off for 24 hrs an never gave poker a thought. You are a good player buddy we shared a table the other night an saw how good you are!!! take a break chill an comeback an kick a s s again ;)
  • edited December 2009
    Take a break, i bet you'll be raring to go in a week ;)

Just about every poker player has gone through this lost their roll and thought... why did i  start playing this game???

goodluck :)
  • edited December 2009
    Thanks for the support lads, gonna do what i've been told basically, will play my live game tommorow just so i do't lose out on points then will just leave the online business until the TKO.

Thanks lads :)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: i'm out.:
    Thanks for the support lads, gonna do what i've been told basically, will play my live game tommorow just so i do't lose out on points then will just leave the online business until the TKO. Thanks lads :)
    Posted by HartshorN

Good man!! you will benefit from the break!! the live game tomorrow an change of scenary will do you good too ;)
  • edited December 2009
    Hope so maf, last week i played 1 hand in 90 minutes lol. best hand was A5! :)

Thanks for the support bud, much appreciated.
  • edited December 2009
    Am i right in thinking you are an orfordite hartshorn?

If so, then you must ignore all our advice about taking a break, and make sure you are fit and ready for tuesday night and the tko comeback.  if i am mistaken and you are a tikay man, then the above comments stand and you should refrain from playing for at least 3 weeks ;)
  • edited December 2009
  • edited December 2009

Then I firmly stand by the advise i originally administered! You simply must take a full month away from the sky poker tables, and if you cannot do that, then i would insist that you definitely take tuesday nights off at the very least.

• edited December 2009

Harts I love reading your posts they make me laugh!! I'm not laughing at ya but kinda with ya, theyre so brutally honest and I can almost see you getting peed off! Like reading a good book. lol

If it was allowed on this site I'd donk a tenner off to ya just so that they keep coming! It can't KEEP happening!! I remember I used to be scared to enter a pot just incase I got a bad beat, its a horrible feeling int it.

Just f k it off, play loose, splash it about abit, make some moves, fortune favours the brave!

Plz dnt quit tho and keep on posting lol!

DOHH
  • edited December 2009
    Lmao..Thanks DOHHH,

Come back this time next week on there'll be another post don't worry mate :P

P.S I'll be searching your name tommorow, donk it off to me then :)
  • edited December 2009

Hartshorn,

I am going through exactly the same mate, can do no right on whatever I play, however I play.

Even been on the strategy to learn the "proper" way to play, still hasn't helped because you still need that little bit of luck

I'm also Team Tikay

I think them Orfordians have rigged our tables mate.

I'm trying to look on the bright side and suggest you do to, although I know its b difficult.

Good luck

• edited December 2009
    WITH DOH ON THIS ONE . WHY ARE YOU NOT MOANING ;) . GOOD ON YOU , TAKE A BREAK AND HOPE THINGS TURN ROUND SOON . BEST OF LUCK .
  • edited December 2009
     A lot of good advice has been put on this thread and i pretty much agree with all of it. But there is one thing that needs to be added. Take a long hard look at your own game and be prepared to be critical of yourself. None of us are perfect and we all make mistakes, lol i probably make more than most.

Bad beats tend to fall into 1 of 3 categories, bad play by our opponents, bad luck or bad play by ourselves.The hand you showed with the pocket 4's was just bad luck, he was never going to fold top trips so it wouldnt have mattered how you played it. If you take a bad beat because of bad play by your opponent then you just have to suck it up and know that they cant keep doing it. But sometimes we ourselves make mistakes by slow playing current nuts and trying to extact extra chips or bet too small to give our opponents the odds to call on a bad draw. In these situations we only have ourselves to blame when they suck out on us.

If you re-examine your own game and are happy with your play then just take a little break come back and keep playing the way you are and it will turn around for you.

Good luck at the tables
  • edited December 2009
    Erm...

First tournament back, TKO.
    Guy raised with everything.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Durdenator Small blind   10.00 10.00 2120.00
    necmitch Big blind   20.00 30.00 1940.00
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • J

kalooki8 Fold        
    HartshorN Call   20.00 50.00 1620.00
    shah07 Call   20.00 70.00 2140.00
    35suited Fold        
    Durdenator Call   10.00 80.00 2110.00
    necmitch Check        
    Flop

• J

Durdenator Check        
    necmitch Check        
    HartshorN Bet   60.00 140.00 1560.00
    shah07 Raise   260.00 400.00 1880.00
    Durdenator Fold        
    necmitch Fold        
    HartshorN All-in   1560.00 1960.00 0.00
    shah07 Call   1360.00 3320.00 520.00
    HartshorN Show
    • Q
    • J

shah07 Show
    • J

Turn

River

shah07 Win Two Pairs, Jacks and 9s 3320.00   3840.00
  • edited December 2009
    I think i've actually had enough, the 9 was inevitable....
  • edited December 2009
    dont worry i had aa hit fh on flop with a,2,2 only to find out at the showdown he had pocket 2's.... rage !!!!