You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Team TK:Here Cometh the 3rd Lesson

As this is Sunday before we give the Dark Lord and his troops the third lesson it is time for another sermon.

My sermon this week is inspired by Sir Winston Churchill when he formed the new administration in 1940.

Unlike the country at the time, Team Tikay has experienced two victories but we have yet to win. When Tikay invited me to this role I said "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat." However even I  managed to cash in the first leg.

If I can do it so can all fellow Tikayer’s so I say

“We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us a long month of struggle and of suffering if we fail on Tuesday.
You ask, what is our policy? I will say: It is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us; to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark and lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy.

You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: victory. Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory, however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival. Let that be realised; no survival for the Team Tikay, no survival for all that Tikay has stood for, no survival for the urge and impulse of the ages, that mankind will move forward towards its goal.

But I take up my task with buoyancy and hope. I feel sure that our cause will not be suffered to fail among men. At this time I feel entitled to claim the aid of all, and I say, "Come then, let us go forward together with our united strength and victory will be ours."

So Tikayers take pride in what we have acheived and take this forward to tuesday.

A prayer will follow on Monday

God bless you my children

Comments

• edited December 2009
    "But I take up my task with buoyancy and hope."

I fear you may need a buoyancy aid as you drown beneath overwhelming tide of the Team Orford resurrection! The Dark Lord Cometh!

Nice speech though!
  • edited December 2009

and the dark lord goeth away defeated.

• edited December 2009
    Then if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders
  • edited December 2009
      Truly inspirational as always
  • edited December 2009
    I think that you'll find that Lord Orford was miles ahead of you, as he so often is.

See here:

The "original" (and best)
  • edited December 2009
    LET THERE BE BLIGHT!!!!

Good work Father.

xx
  • edited December 2009

Thank you for you comments.

Diggerman thank you but your delusion will cause you great upset later this week.

Mere as you know "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" and Sir Winston is chuffed that the great and good look to his words for inspiration. It's just a pity they are nicked by the bad and beaten sometimes.

Kalooki, my brother, words of wisdom as always,  Matthew Chapter 24 verse 23. And they say "He is there in the wilderness, do not go out" for if you do the Dark Lord and his tribe will be found there.

Lisa, god bless you my child and use the words I taught you to heckle those infidels.    

• edited December 2009
    And lo, the disciples of Orford realised what a load of rubbish this lesson is and laughed, celebrating with their wine & bread.
  • edited December 2009
    oh no not a another lesson
  • edited December 2009
    Sorry scrumdown, but as a disciple of TK I thought you would want us to give them another.
  • edited December 2009
    Team Tikay,

Here is your prayer to say tonight before tomorrows 3rd leg. Especially if like me you are on a bad run.

Lord hear my prayer
    Look down on me
    I'm not as wealthy as I used to be
    It's not even ten and I'm busted again
    Why does this happen to me?

Give me a sign
    Show me you care
    A straight to the Ace Lord, or even a pair
    I can't make it alone and I'll sink like a stone
    Unless you can undo what I've done

So Lord lift me up in your tender embrace
    Lend me your wisdom, your strength and your grace
    Help me to smash my opponent's fat face
    Oh Lord help me take money from Orfordians

Deep down I know
    That it's only a game
    But I want them shaking in terror and shame
    It's just poker and beer
    Still I need them to fear me Lord
    It's not enough just to win

Deal me good cards and I'll handle the math
    We'll take their money while they take a bath
    I'll show them my hand, you'll show them your wrath
    Oh Lord help me take money from Orfordians

And I don't want to cheat them
    'Cause I know that's a sin
    I just want to defeat them
    And make it, make it hurt when I win
    Make it hurt when I win

So poke them with sticks
    And crush them with stones
    Chew them up good Lord and spit out their bones
    Make my riches grow and let those bXXXX know
    That you hate them and love only me

Burn it all down until nothing survives
    Make them regret for the rest of their lives
    The day that they bet their dogs and their wives
    Oh Lord help me take money from
    Help me take money from
    Help me take money from Orfordians
  • edited December 2009

am so sorry father  u was the other side please for give me

• edited December 2009

No problem my son but how could you think me from the dark side.

I've got burgundy running thro my veins

God Blush you my son

• edited December 2009
    prayer wont save team tikays scalps being pinned to the walls of orford castle, im sorry father forgive me but words cant save the top of your head tomorrow

ORFORDIAN MIGHT!!!!
  • edited December 2009
    As you will see by my photo Deadhands somebody beat you to it
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Team TK:Here Cometh the 3rd Lesson:
    As you will see by my photo Deadhands somebody beat you to it
    Posted by vaigret
    LMAO o father with coments like that i can see us being the best of friends, you do know how to tickle me lol after a outstanding come back by team orford that is...
  • edited December 2009
    No Problem Deadhands thanks for your comments.

Great to be friend even if we come from differnt sides of the fence lol

You should be proud of Phil Uk he did marvellously for your team but i'm sorry 3-0  

God bless you my son