You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tuesday Night Live with Sarah and Reds *****official show thread*****

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat

Hello you! Hope you're having a lovely bank holiday weekend!?  I hit Climping beach on the south coast and was hit by gale force winds but my dog loved it! 

Just a quick one ahead of tomorrow's show - as you may have heard Play The Presenter is making a comeback and I'm looking forward to getting involved in some action from next monday, especially now I know what the buttons do! ;-)

I'm thinking of moving from tournaments to cash play and seeing how I get on, so cash players let's have your top three tips please! *and if you're looking for value you'll find me on the 5p/10p tables so you won't get much but it'll be fun!*

Any advice you have for me, any questions you have for Reds email skyopen@bskyb.com tweet @skypoker or post below and I'll post the full run down later...

Ta ta for now

Sarah xx

Comments

• edited May 2013
    can you let us know roughly when you'll be playing nl10 please, i like to avoid the sharks. 
  • edited May 2013
    If you are playing on Monday then it would be great to see you in the DTD if you're playing in the evening
  • edited May 2013
    Hi sarah how are u climping beach u say i dnt live far from there littlehampton :) been lovely weather all weekend 

advice on cash tables 5p/10p tables just play tight abc only play premium hands and bet big so 4 x preflop and bet every street if the flop is safe enough :)
  • edited May 2013
    Thanks guys - VERY funny Don, are you talking to me or stuffing a sock down your mankini? 

Littlehampton IS lovely!  I'll be back on a better day with any luck!

I now realise I've fallen at the first hurdle on Play The Presenter as I'm at The Sony Awards monday, that'll mean very little to non radio folk but it's the equivalent of The Oscars for people on the wireless so a bit of a la-di-da do and I've only gone and got nominated!  I'll speak to the powers that be about starting another night next week but going forward monday's will be my regular night so yes will definitely get involved in a bit of DTD!

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water... 
  • edited May 2013

Have a Great Show Sarah & Reds,

Sarah, Would be Awesome to see you playing Forum DTD on a Monday Night as part of your PTP
  • edited May 2013
    Cheers DTW!  I definitely will! Looking forward to it...

Sx
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Sarah and Reds *****official show thread*****:
    Thanks guys - VERY funny Don, are you talking to me or stuffing a sock down your mankini?  Littlehampton IS lovely!  I'll be back on a better day with any luck! I now realise I've fallen at the first hurdle on Play The Presenter as I'm at The Sony Awards monday, that'll mean very little to non radio folk but it's the equivalent of The Oscars for people on the wireless so a bit of a la-di-da do and I've only gone and got nominated!  I'll speak to the powers that be about starting another night next week but going forward monday's will be my regular night so yes will definitely get involved in a bit of DTD! Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water... 
    Posted by Sarah_C
    you loved me in that mankini really :P
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Sarah and Reds *****official show thread*****:
    Thanks guys - VERY funny Don, are you talking to me or stuffing a sock down your mankini?  Littlehampton IS lovely!  I'll be back on a better day with any luck! I now realise I've fallen at the first hurdle on Play The Presenter as I'm at The Sony Awards monday, that'll mean very little to non radio folk but it's the equivalent of The Oscars for people on the wireless so a bit of a la-di-da do and I've only gone and got nominated!  I'll speak to the powers that be about starting another night next week but going forward monday's will be my regular night so yes will definitely get involved in a bit of DTD! Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water... 
    Posted by Sarah_C
    Many congratulations.  What are you nominated in?  
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Tuesday Night Live with Sarah and Reds *****official show thread***** : Many congratulations.  What are you nominated in?  
    Posted by cenachav

It has to be " most gorgeous woman on radio category "  ?

And the others may aswell not turn up imo cos your a cert Sarah :)

Best of luck

Daz.
  • edited May 2013
    Thanks guys!  The nomination is for a show I hosted to celebrate 50 years of James Bond, does that technically make me a Bond Girl?  I'm taking it... ;-)

GL if you're playing tonight's Turbo Tuesday, let us know and we'll keep an eye out for you on the tables plus any questions for Reds or hands you'd like analysed from last night's Primo or tonight's Turbo Tuesday let us know email skyopen@bskyb.com tweet @skypoker or post below

Here's tonight's rundown:

7pm – 8pm – TONIGHT ON SKY POKER

Primo final table coverage from Sunday 5th May

8pm – 11pm – Turbo Tuesday

Live coverage from the 4K Turbo Open

11pm – Midnight – Master Cash

Live action from the Master Cash tables

See you from 7!

Sarah xx

• edited May 2013

Wish me luck am gonna have a go at Main (8pm) & Mini (8-15pm) am hoping for some run good
  • edited May 2013
    Can i ask redmond. 

What advice would he  offer to a developing play. e.g. someone who knows the basics, but wants to take it to the next level.
  • edited May 2013
    Hi guys. Just a quick question about etiquette at the tables.

I just Knocked Andrew1947 out of the turbo open when he opened from a smallish stack on the small blind with 1010 and i put him all in with AJ and hit my ace on the river.

After the hand i typed ul m8 gg and andrew typed gl back but after that some guy at the table started saying it was wrong of me to type that into chat and was generally saying it was very bad etiquitte me doing it.

TBH i dont know if it was a wind up or if the guy just didnt know himself it was right or wrong because he didnt seem like he was experianced from what i had seen him doing at the table during play etc.

Can you confirm if i was right i wrong by saying this for future times etc ?

If it was a sort of rubdown im certain Andrew Knows it wasnt meant that way

Great show btw as always

Daz.

• edited May 2013

9:16 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 433 543 227 52  
    left 156 225 43    

high_tea 2 114      
    SWA 14 5      
    bedders007 16 174      
    MattBates 18 41      
    kevin1968 28 118      
    acepower83 31 53      
    POKEY2011 37 77      
    Jeffter 40 198      
    DN34689 42 120      
    Azza811 44 137      
    P6 49 121      
    POKERTREV 50 179      
    _ARAZI_ 53 145      
    neluck 62 100      
    DiggerMan 66 119      
    NAILS01197 69 102      
    TommyD 70 80      
    Curt360x27 71 149      
    MacMonster 72 140      
    daffy24 78 203      
    bugsytwo 92 95      
    GrimmDark 97 99      
    Direwolf 102 180      
    The_Bear88 104 143      
    Kaboooooom 105 21      
    Kowbhoys 108 31      
    animated_j 109 161      
    oldgolf 111 117      
    gemy 112 153      
    POKEOFFU 115 165      
    FLASHJONNY 116 190      
    IDONKCALLU 117 104      
    Benalman 119 17      
    Neiller 128 187      
    giesahaun 130 196      
    gixxerk4 133 73      
    BOCMAN 141 169      
    siffa 148 164      
    DeuceAK_47 149 125      
    fastant09 152 173      
    Zenorac 153 201      
    wynne1938 155 67      
    REDARROW61 156 58      

• edited May 2013

hi sarah, reds

numbers going down quickly

9:56 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 433 543 227 52  
    left 53 57 5    

_ARAZI_ 10 18      
    kevin1968 26 17      
    DiggerMan 29 25      
    bedders007 30 54      
    The_Bear88 53 52      

• edited May 2013

10:23 PM main mini both % main in mini  

entered 433 543 227 52  
    left 20 18 1    

_ARAZI_ 6 14      

• edited May 2013

remember when the brit awards cut short adele and went to blur instead?   it would be very similar to cut short live turbo tuesday coverage and go to pre-played cash action.

sarah, dont do a james corden

• edited May 2013
    Good evening Lady and Gent.

Sarah, were you in an East 17 video or is that merely a pernicious rumour?

It's been another good show.