You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Aces & Queens

edited May 2013 in Team Talk
Hello,

A rubbish new player here in need of some advice!

I like to play the B/H's. 14 times on the spin now I have lost hands on all ins with AQ. Now to me AQ is a good enough hand to be going all in? Or is that just me being naïve? Is it just bad luck? I think on 11 of these I have had best hand going into the flop.

Usually I raise pre-flop of course - depending on the BB at the time I normally go 3 times raise. If someone shoves, then I feel obliged to call it.

Can someone please tell me what I am doing wrong. Its driving me mad.

What's the minimum people usually go all in, in the B/Hs?

Cheers

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Hi

Post some of your hands in the clinic to get some good advice.
    Cheers
  • edited May 2013

AQ is never good enough to go all-in with pre flop anytime anywhere

see the flop-re-access.

I don't play many b/h but if I did AK would be my minimum and maybe 99+ aipf

gl
    :)
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    To be honest I did think this but after watching a lot of Sky Poker TV especially the B/H tournaments, they encourage you to bet high/go all in with A 10/j/q/k etc. A lot of the all ins on the B/H mainly involve an A with lower cards. 

Still as confused in that case.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Aces & Queens:
    To be honest I did think this but after watching a lot of Sky Poker TV especially the B/H tournaments, they encourage you to bet high/go all in with A 10/j/q/k etc. A lot of the all ins on the B/H mainly involve an A with lower cards.  Still as confused in that case.
    Posted by topladwa02
    Hi Toplad.
    The real difference is........

If we are up against another player with a really short stack, then our AQ is plenty good enough to set him all-in, because he is most probably shoving/calling you with a very wide range of hands.

If we are holding AQ etc against a player with a similar or bigger stack, then we really need to be looking for better hands.

If you have position, then by all means raise with it pre-flop.
    If you don't have position, then I prefer to just make the call with it pre-flop.
    Once the flop is down, reassess the board to decide your next move.

Don't shove all in on the flop just because the board flops low - more often than not in Bounty Hunters a player has called to the flop with much lower cards than they would in standard Texas Holdem, so there is always a chance they have hit it and your AQ is behind at this stage.

If everyone folds round to me and I am up against a shortstack, I will alway shove/call with AQ etc otherwise I want to see a flop and reassess.

Always be aware of the stack sizes around you before commiting all your chips.

Good Luck.
    Pokertrev.