You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

PTP tonight - Omaha Cash!

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat

Tonight, it is my "official" PTP evening, & I'll be playing Omaha (High Only) cash.

I'll start at 5p-10p, & try to get several tables open.

The suits suggested I then move up to 10p-20p, & eventually 25p-50p. I ALWAYS do as I'm told, of course, but if there is plenty of fun & action  at 5p-10p, I might forget to move up until well into the evening. Mum's the word, right?

I'm going to try & start just before 6pm, so the first hour will coincide with HAPPY HOUR.

See you later, I hope, & if it's half as much fun as last night, we'll be OK.  

Comments

• edited May 2013

Hi TK, could you check something please.  There is supposed to be a PLO8 mtt at b1930 this evening 
      organised by Sky |Joe but is not showing in lobby.  Thanks in anticipation,
  • edited May 2013

Hi Pommy,

Seems to be there now.

Good luck.
  • edited May 2013

PTP Omaha starts in 25 minutes.

The 5p-10p Tables are already packed. Ish.
  • edited May 2013
    Im terrible at cash being a sole mtt guy and worse at Omaha given how little ive played it, much prefer PLO8 but may jump on a bit later, going to play that tourney 1930, will be fun. Hopefully soon everyday will have this much plo8 action.

Last night was fun tikay I was over the moon to make 2/3 final tables, even tho I bubbled 1 in 4th I made a min cash so basically had over 3 hours of fun for a XXp loss lol
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: PTP tonight - Omaha Cash!:
    Im terrible at cash being a sole mtt guy and worse at Omaha given how little ive played it, much prefer PLO8 but may jump on a bit later, going to play that tourney 1930, will be fun. Hopefully soon everyday will have this much plo8 action. Last night was fun tikay I was over the moon to make 2/3 final tables, even tho I bubbled 1 in 4th I made a min cash so basically had over 3 hours of fun for a XXp loss lol
    Posted by Janana

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: PTP tonight - Omaha Cash!:
    Hi Pommy, Seems to be there now. Good luck.
    Posted by Tikay10
      Thank you Sir.  x2.
  • edited May 2013
    Great fun tonight, I really enjoyed it even if I do bet light "SO much" :)

Hope that you can do this more often and that you can increase the interest in Omaha.

A couple of hands I mentioned in chat that put me in tough spots, any advice greatly appreciated (usually the advice I receive is fold pre!)
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    DEL560 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £13.48
    Slykllist Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £7.58
      Your hole cards

1-on-u Call  £0.10 £0.25 £3.35
    Giant811 Fold     
    lee100 Fold     
    Tikay10 Call  £0.10 £0.35 £19.75
    DEL560 Call  £0.05 £0.40 £13.43
    Slykllist Check     
    Flop

DEL560 Check     
    Slykllist Bet  £0.40 £0.80 £7.18
    1-on-u Fold     
    Tikay10 Call  £0.40 £1.20 £19.35
    DEL560 Raise  £1.20 £2.40 £12.23
    Slykllist Call  £0.80 £3.20 £6.38
    Tikay10 Call  £0.80 £4.00 £18.55
    Turn

DEL560 Bet  £1.40 £5.40 £10.83
    Slykllist Call  £1.40 £6.80 £4.98
    Tikay10 Call  £1.40 £8.20 £17.15
    River

DEL560 Check     
    Slykllist Check     
    Tikay10 Check     
    DEL560 Show
    • J

Slykllist Muck

Tikay10 Show
    • Q
    • J

Tikay10 Win Flush to the Queen £7.58  £24.73
    ActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    woolycully Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £8.51
    Tikay10 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £12.29
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A

Giant811 Fold     
    weejenny19 Call  £0.10 £0.25 £3.57
    Slykllist Raise  £0.30 £0.55 £10.49
    1-on-u Fold     
    woolycully Fold     
    Tikay10 Call  £0.20 £0.75 £12.09
    weejenny19 Call  £0.20 £0.95 £3.37
    Flop

Tikay10 Check     
    weejenny19 Check     
    Slykllist Bet  £0.50 £1.45 £9.99
    Tikay10 Call  £0.50 £1.95 £11.59
    weejenny19 Call  £0.50 £2.45 £2.87
    Turn

Tikay10 Check     
    weejenny19 Check     
    Slykllist Check     
    River

Tikay10 Bet  £1.33 £3.78 £10.26
    weejenny19 Fold     
    Slykllist Call  £1.33 £5.11 £8.66
    Tikay10 Show

Slykllist Muck
    • Q
    • A

Tikay10 Win Full House, 3s and 10s £4.72  £14.98
  • edited May 2013
    Also, I took a bit of stick (all friendly banter you understand) for this one, particularly as I even called his hand before making the sigh call on the river.  Should this always be a fold given the fact I have a straight, I also have 2 pair so a few outs to the FH, plus my image wasn't exactly rock solid and the oppo was playing short stacked.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    woolycully Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £6.57
    Tikay10 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £16.77
      Your hole cards
    • J

Giant811 Fold     
    Talon Fold     
    Slykllist Call  £0.10 £0.25 £11.50
    1-on-u Call  £0.10 £0.35 £3.43
    woolycully Call  £0.05 £0.40 £6.52
    Tikay10 Check     
    Flop

• J

woolycully Check     
    Tikay10 Check     
    Slykllist Check     
    1-on-u Bet  £0.30 £0.70 £3.13
    woolycully Fold     
    Tikay10 Call  £0.30 £1.00 £16.47
    Slykllist Call  £0.30 £1.30 £11.20
    Turn

Tikay10 Check     
    Slykllist Bet  £0.98 £2.28 £10.22
    1-on-u All-in  £3.13 £5.41 £0.00
    Tikay10 Fold     
    Slykllist Call  £2.15 £7.56 £8.07
    Slykllist Show
    • J

1-on-u Show
    • K
    • Q

River

Slykllist Win Full House, 9s and Jacks £6.99  £15.06
  • edited May 2013
    Sly, the last hand.  If I may use the internet standard of greater than to compare our options and what we should do.

C/F /> />>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>C/C>>>>>>>>>Lead/fold>>>>>>>>hang on'>>>>
    /> />>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>be with you in a minute>>>>>>>>>>>
    /> />>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    /> />>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nice weather today>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    /> />>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Oh, I see Fergie Retired ....>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    /> />>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lead/get it in

You are in awful shape so much here/practically always here, I would need to know the oppo was an absolute maniac or vastly over rated their holdings in PLO to do anything other than check/fold.

We all learn this when getting to grips with PLO, hand strength, board texture, oppos ranges with draws and skill level.

Nice bink though.
  • edited May 2013

Morning Simon.

The FIRST TWO hands you posted.

Your straight draw (& top two) was in very bad shape there - you want NUT straight draws really, you were not drawing to the nuts. It is unlikely anyone with less than 2 pairs will pay you off, so you only get action from better hands. You were CRUSHED throughout, as I had the same "top two", BUT I had straight AND flush improvers with Js & Qs. I had so much equity in my hand I'm never folding "as played".

In the 2nd of those two hands, you did nothing wrong really, & I just got lucky. But beware paired boards where we have trips - someone almost always houses up in Omaha when the Board pairs, though on this occasion, you were just plum unlucky. My holding in that hand was pretty filthy, to be honest.

Which brings me to my "calling light" (tongue-in-cheek) comment.

In the 2nd hand, I should not even have been in the pot really with that bag of spanners (10-9-7-3 double suited), but, THIS IS THE KEY THING.......

When people post Hand Histories & ask for a view, it NEVER makes alllowance for "Table Dynamic". And Table Dynamic CHANGES EVERYTHING.

You were very aggro pre (which is fine), but once I'd sussed what you were up to, I can't keep folding every hand pre, so I'm going to look you up with some really mixed holdings. The habit of raising EVERY hand pre-flop is often eventually self-defeating.

I won a nice pot against EvilPingu (who I thought played superbly), again because of his bluffing frequency. There was a very odd hand between he & I where the board ran out.....

7-8-9-10-J

He had position, & I'd been check-calling him every street, because I was pretty sure he'd try to steal it with position. My hand was TERRIBLE - I had x-x-5-6 for the nut WORST straight, it is beating nothing but a bluff on that board. But I snap-called his river bet simply because of the Table Dynamic - he is ALWAYS going to try & nick that pot on that super-wet board. On the face of it, a terrible call by me, but once again, Table dynamic was the key. He was just so aggro & busy that we needed to widen our ranges considerably & turn his aggression against him. 

Anyway, it was great fun, & I hope you made a few bob & enjoyed it.

All being well, I hope to be on site tonight playing PLO8 DYM's & MTT's, if there are any. Maybe see you then.     

• edited May 2013
    Thanks Tikay and Tommy for the comments, I'm definitely in the 'still learning' bracket when it comes to Omaha and probably a bit too much of my Holdem game spilling over into it but it's a game I want to play more of and am determined to improve.