You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Keep GOing

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat
I recently wrote a thread on here saying how I felt my improvement had not be going well and maybe the best options was to quit, but after alot of support I'm going to continue to play and just work even harder... And hope I will get there eventually! What do u get if you quit.

The thing that changed my mind was a YouTube video sent by "calufold" I think his name was and it really opened my eyes to how you will get disappointment along the way. The video is called "famous failures" if u wanna look.

Also Im thinkig about starting a diary so I can get views of how it's going by everyone which I think would help.
I'm going to renew my subscription of deucescracked and continue to learn.Also going to read the mental game of poker another billion times.

If I fail and lose my money, then oh well least I give it my best shot. I will get money again in my life but I might not have an opportunity to spend so much time on poker again. I will not fail again!!!.....I hope.

Comments

• edited May 2013

glad you have decided to continue playing Robbie.
    I remember when you first joined Sky and thought then how ambitious you were.
    I did detect some mental poker related issues,at the time,and thought this might be a problem for you on your journey.
    as long as you play within your b/roll you should always be able to accept any losing session of poker,which no matter how good you are,will happen.
    I always judge how i'm doing by my result at the end of each month,rather than session by session,as i'm sure many players will do.
    that way any bad session is quickly forgotten.i'm not saying you should do the same but it works for me.

anyway mate,all the best
    i'm sure you will soon be back to winning ways
    :)
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Keep GOing:
    glad you have decided to continue playing Robbie. I remember when you first joined Sky and thought then how ambitious you were. I did detect some mental poker related issues,at the time,and thought this might be a problem for you on your journey. as long as you play within your b/roll you should always be able to accept any losing session of poker,which no matter how good you are,will happen. I always judge how i'm doing by my result at the end of each month,rather than session by session,as i'm sure many players will do. that way any bad session is quickly forgotten.i'm not saying you should do the same but it works for me. anyway mate,all the best i'm sure you will soon be back to winning ways :) dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Thanks mate, I do struggle with losing but like u said losing happens in poker so ill have to get over it. How's ur rebuilding of ur b/r going??
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Keep GOing:
    In Response to Re: Keep GOing : Thanks mate, I do struggle with losing but like u said losing happens in poker so ill have to get over it. How's ur rebuilding of ur b/r going??
    Posted by robbie1992
    ok mate,i'll soon be back playing cash and probably losing a chunk of it...again.
    i'm up to £369 atm and my target is £500,so shouldn't take long.
    hope to be back playing later this month,as long as the dym's don't let me down.  lol

gl buddy.
    :)
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    Good luck Robbie, hope it works out for you.

I've went back to basics a bit, after withdrawing  most money from my account, it's currently sitting about £50.

I did this because having so much money in my account it was easy for me to go on tilt and lose a good amount over a session. Purely down to "tilt" / bad play.

For the next week or two, If i'm playing cash for the first time i'm going to have a look at hands after a session. Spend an hour playing, then  maybe an other hour looking over stuff, to see what I did well bad.

I'm also going to post hands up in the Pokerclinic, important or interesting hands, to see what could have been improved upon.

Maybe something like that would help.

Good luck
  • edited May 2013

well done, your very disciplined with your b/r and im sure your get to the £500 mark soon, might even try a few sng's, what b/r managment do u keep to for sngs?

Thanks larsson, i see you post alot in the clinic , i do aswell every few often, just gonna keep working hard, what more can you do ? gl larsson!