You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

hand timer

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat
Just wondering with the new software that is due to arrive (eventually) is there any modifications to the length of time your given to act on a hand?

I only ask because occasionally the length of time is not really enough time to make a decision. 99% of the time it is sufficient but occasionally it would be good to be able to call on a time bank or something. I understand the problem that this may cause i.e. people using it for dramtic effect because they think their on tv or when their bluff is raised and they want to make it look like their fold is a tough decision etc

I'll give an example of one hand that had my head spinning a bit and I felt had to make a very rushed decision. About a 3rd of the way through the mini and I have A3 off in BB. 2 players limp and the small blind calls too. I just check. 2 limpers have been loose passive up to now and have average-to-low stacks, SB has a big stack (10k vs my 5k and limpers 2-3k) but only joined the table and have no idea of his style of play. My stack is above average (top 30%). Flop comes A 7 3 (with 2 spades). SB checks and I raise about 80% of the pot. 2 limpers flat call (for around 25% of their stack) and so does SB. Turn card comes 4 (not a spade). I put in a full pot size raise figuring i have the best hand and some have single pairs or or on the flush draw. 1 of the limpers flat calls leaving only about 600 chips back, other limper can't cover the bet and goes all in sb then reraises all in over the top. Pot's now huge and I have about 2.5k back.

When it's written down it sounds an easy fold but in real time when I'm confident I have the best hand and then get 3 calls and reraise on my huge turn raise I have no idea where I am and 30 seconds (or whatever it is) felt like about 5 seconds lol

Would just be good if you could call on a time bank for such a decision. Even if you were only allowed to do it once a tournament or whatever it would be very useful.

ps I called thinking i was pot committed and the only hand that beat me was trips (or a higher 2 pair) and thought no one would have slow played either of these hands with the flushing board and the action on the flop (I know big assumption for the mini lol)! 2 limpers both had a just the pair of aces and big blind had 2 5 giving him the straight lol

Comments

• edited May 2013
    I too would love a time bank. Something like 30 seconds with extra added every 3/4 levels. 

As for your hand - Its just a cooler really. I pesonally over bet the pot on the flop, especially with the big stack involved and being OOP in a pot I wasnt interested in playing in the first place. So even if you just took the blinds and the two limpers contribution that would still be ok. Your never getting away from a set how ever you play it, so its only the A7 made hand you have to worry about, all other A x hands your crushing and therefore only really want one caller.