You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT Advice/Strategy

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat
Hi all,

I'm looking to basically improve my MTT game as these are the only games I regularly play. I play the main/side pretty much every night and do ok but have a bit of time on my hands would like to improve as I know I have loads to learn.

I was wondering if any MTT players could recommend the 'best' strategy sites out there. I realise this has probably been asked on here before!

Like I said, I play quite a bit and would deffo class myself as competent but I feel like I've hit a bit of a brick wall lately and make mistakes that cost me my tourny life. I've been playing around 4 years but I've never used any sort of website to help me before and I know there must be some decent resources out there as well as some good players on Sky who must've used these in the past.

Thanks
Jonny

Comments

• edited May 2013
    In Response to MTT Advice/Strategy:
    Hi all, I'm looking to basically improve my MTT game as these are the only games I regularly play. I play the main/side pretty much every night and do ok but have a bit of time on my hands would like to improve as I know I have loads to learn. I was wondering if any MTT players could recommend the 'best' strategy sites out there. I realise this has probably been asked on here before! Like I said, I play quite a bit and would deffo class myself as competent but I feel like I've hit a bit of a brick wall lately and make mistakes that cost me my tourny life. I've been playing around 4 years but I've never used any sort of website to help me before and I know there must be some decent resources out there as well as some good players on Sky who must've used these in the past. Thanks Jonny
    Posted by jonnyrkd
    i think card runners is one of the best training sites for mtt's, ive recently signed up to deuces cracked which has some good videos on all formats of the game. signed up for 6 month for £99.00
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: MTT Advice/Strategy:
    In Response to MTT Advice/Strategy : i think card runners is one of the best training sites for mtt's, ive recently signed up to deuces cracked which has some good videos on all formats of the game. signed up for 6 month for £99.00
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Thanks Rock, I'll have a look.
  • edited May 2013

hi

interesting question you have asked

I have been on sky along time

I play other places as well

in my personal thoughts

when I was stuck and got to a point I didn't think I could go any further

I watched the show listened to the guys talk about the way I played

tikay and ed did give loads off comments on my play in the early days

this helped me so much

so just me id watch listen and learn 

from the guys payed to help 

rather than pay myself

thanks sara36dd

• edited May 2013
      hi   interesting question you have asked   I have been on sky along time   I play other places as well   in my personal thoughts   when I was stuck and got to a point I didn't think I could go any further   I watched the show listened to the guys talk about the way I played   tikay and ed did give loads off comments on my play in the early days   this helped me so much   so just me id watch listen and learn   from the guys payed to help    rather than pay myself thanks sara36dd  
    Posted by sara36dd08
    sky poker channel is more aimed at beginners, this guy has said hes competent so if your competent sky will not help your game that much more although spittles and lolufold no there onions.

these training sites have in depth analysis from the best online players in the world, there definately worth a look and the fee in my opinion!!!
  • edited May 2013
    Thanks for the replies.

I do find the shows on the channel have been helpful and hope they still will be but only so much you can learn 3 nights a week when they are mainly looking at other peoples hands. I'm going to have a look at these training sites and see what's out there.

Anyway, cheers again

Jonny
  • edited May 2013
    Not saying i crush at mtts but i win my monies on there 

my advice is to play tight early stages suss out the other players sat on your table in the first few levels just play premium hands any pairs or ace 10 above standard 2 x raise preflop and c bet unless u think the opponents calling range has hit the flop 

mid to late stages this is where u need to build a stack so nicking blinds is essential as most stacks will be around 20-30 bb so raising in position is key 
  • edited May 2013
    My advice helped then :) 

jonnyrkd1960001£453.25 + £340.22 Head Prizes
    nice 1 welldone :) not so welldone on ya k 10 beating my ace jack sigh 
  • edited May 2013
    My advice helped then :)  jonnyrkd 196000 1 £453.25 + £340.22 Head Prizes nice 1 welldone :)not so welldone on ya k 10 beating my ace jack sigh 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    lol!

wp op
  • edited May 2013
    he actually said my advice did help him n he knocks me out lol 
  • edited May 2013
    Nice one
    jonnyrkd1960001st/49£453.25 + £340.22 Head Prizes
  • edited May 2013
    he actually said my advice did help him n he knocks me out lol 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Haha yeah ul with that hand, dont think I can bring mysolf to fold KT suited there mate!

Thanks for the advice tho, and yeah just basically ran amazing to win that, no skillz I assure!!