You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Everyone going broke here?

edited May 2013 in The Poker Clinic
On the river here, is anyone just calling this?

LARSON7
Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £38.87
pantsbluff Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £12.19
  Your hole cards

Adicts89 Raise  £0.90 £1.35 £28.60
mtt Fold     
LARSON7 Call  £0.75 £2.10 £38.12
pantsbluff Fold     
Flop

• A

LARSON7 Check     
Adicts89 Check     
Turn

LARSON7 Bet  £1.05 £3.15 £37.07
Adicts89 Call  £1.05 £4.20 £27.55
River

LARSON7 Bet  £6.00 £10.20 £31.07
Adicts89 Raise  £14.10 £24.30 £13.45
LARSON7 All-in  £31.07 £55.37 £0.00
Adicts89 All-in  £13.45 £68.82 £0.00
LARSON7 Unmatched bet  £9.52 £59.30 £9.52
LARSON7 Show

Adicts89 Show
  • A
  • A

Adicts89 Win Full House, Aces and 4s £57.50

Comments

• edited May 2013
    It's a call or a fold imo (but not sure I'm good enough to fold).

You've shown massive strength by overbetting the pot and he couldn't care less and raises anyway. It's a dry board with no completed draws and no missed draws.

Horrible spot but yeah flat or fold.
  • edited May 2013
    think most would have called.. he has played his hand very well but and sucked u out for max pot
  • edited May 2013
    Yeah lol im sitting with the 4th nuts, and he's been slow playing it to death.

I should have just called, but the way it was played I thought I was good.
  • edited May 2013

Whether to get it in on the river depends on the range we're giving our opponent. Don't think of your hand's absolute value - Don't think "I have sixes full! It's a monster! Yipee!!" - think of your hand's value in relation to the hands that your opponent raises pre-flop, checks the flop, calls the turn and raises the river. Then which of those hands will call a river 3-bet and how many do we beat?

If his range for raising the river includes lots of hands we beat but he only calls a river 3-bet with mostly hands that beat us, just call. If he can call the river 3-bet with a wider range, the majority of which we beat, then 3-bet.

Basically, if he can ever be holding a 4x hand after raising pre-flop or if he's going to overplay AK, AQ or AT, then we would be missing value by not 3-betting the river. If he is disciplined enough to fold most of the Ax and AT hands to a 3-bet, then we'd be making a mistake by 3-betting.

• edited May 2013
    Hi L

I know i would be .........
  • edited May 2013
    I think it's closer to a shove than a call, and closer to a fold than a shove
  • edited May 2013
    i think the opponent has played this well 

dunno y ya not c-betting this flop your the preflop raiser as played its a cooler nowt u can do 
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Everyone going broke here?:
    i think the opponent has played this well  dunno y ya not c-betting this flop your the preflop raiser as played its a cooler nowt u can do 
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Lol he's not the preflop raiser.

It's a pretty horrible spot, but Larson, I don't think you should get in the habit o just thinking this is a cooler and stacking off. The villian should have pretty much no hands in his range that we beat unless we have history of him being baaad. Apart from A4 we have like the nut worst house, and he aint raising the river without a house imo. (I'm disregarding T4 obv)

FWIW, I don't think the villian played it that well imo, if hero doesn't spike the turn he will get approximarely 0p from this hand (apart from the 90p preflop).
  • edited May 2013
    What do you think oppo think's you have - answer this and you will know what to do

just call
  • edited May 2013

the river might as well have been just a call.
    all you need to ask yourself is
    What would cause him to make a raise on the river after checking the flop and just calling the turn?