You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Cheap(ish) PLO8 Tourney tonight anyone?

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat

Whilst doing my PTP Omaha Cash last night, lots of regulars asked if I could help get some more PLO8 action going.

So I've Registered for two x £5.50 PLO8 Tourneys this evening.

7.25pm - £5.50

8.25pm - £5.50 (£100 Guaranteed)

I'll play £2.25 PLO8 DYM's throughout the evening, too. 

I WILL be doing another "unofficial" PTP Evening of PLO8 next Tuesday, too, & I'll ask Head Office to schedule some £1.10 & £3.30 PLO8 Tourneys for that evening.

Anyway, hopefully a few of you will join me this evening for some fun PLO8.

Comments

• edited May 2013

Not much interest in either Tourney yet - just Geldy & me!

Did I mention that there may be a few Spot Prizes?.......

• edited May 2013

Unfortunately I won't be able to play tonight, but will certainly be up for another evening next Tuesday like this weeks.

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Cheap(ish) PLO8 Tourney tonight anyone?:
    Unfortunately I won't be able to play tonight, but will certainly be up for another evening next Tuesday like this weeks.
    Posted by FCHD
    No worries, I will be doing at least one every week, maybe more.
  • edited May 2013
    Was fun the other day!

Didn't have a clue what I was doing, and kept knocking people out :(

So, I learned a 2 3 4 5 is the nut low hand lol Is there a quick guide to the game? Hand rankings etc, and i'll have a look at it.

I was loving when it said on the board 7 high, I thought that was the nuts and atleast we were chopping lol

Don't know if I can make it tonight, but the £1 games were really fun and will for sure enter more of them.
  • edited May 2013
    @Larson7 - The 'Hi' part of your hand is exactly the same hand rankings as Hold 'Em, just remember you HAVE to use exactly 2 of your hole cards, no more, no less. You'd be amazed how many people will do stuff like call on a 4flush board with the Aspades thinking they have the nut flush when they only have 1 spade in their hand.

A low has to be 5 cards 8 or lower (no pairs allowed) and they are ranked based on the highest card in your 5 card hand, then your 4th highest card and so on.... So...

A2348 looks nice and looks close to the nut low but is actually an 8-high low (not great)

So, A2467 is a 7-high low and would beat it.

It will work down from your highest card to your lowest so

A2378 is better than A2478
  • edited May 2013
    Im not playing any form of PLO after he owned a forum reg ;-)

When you off to Dublin Tikay?  Have a great weekend and I'm looking forward to getting to the next one in Birmingham.
  • edited May 2013
    At last!!! the powers that be have listerned, hope this is a great success, great work again Tikay, and looking forward to your great work from DUBLIN too.

gl all tonight  and HAVE FUN :-)
  • edited May 2013
    if u play any omaha mtt i will play not to keen on hi lo good luck who is in tho :)
  • edited May 2013
    *BUMP*  OVERLAY!!!!

Still only 5 in the 100 gtd, £5.50 buy in  8:25p.m 
    6 players for the 7:25p.m

Both OMAHA PLO8

Tikay work your magic
  • edited May 2013
    Im not playing any form of PLO after he owned a forum reg ;-) When you off to Dublin Tikay?  Have a great weekend and I'm looking forward to getting to the next one in Birmingham.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Who might THAT have been then?......

I'm off to Dublin on the 13.40 Ryanair from Gatwick, tomorrow, & fly back on the 0740am on Monday.

SPT Rich (Tighty), Sky Adam, & myself will be the only "staff" there, so Updates might be a bit sporadic, but we'll do our best. TV Producer Dan wil be there with the 861 Camera, too, & so I'll be doing the TV stuff, too.

JamieLou has promised to help out with the Live Update once she has busted the Tourney. Call it 2.15pm Saturday then.  

• edited May 2013

Hi TK, as there seems to be quite a bit of interest in Omaha at the moment( partly due to your unsting efforts) could i suggest that a DTD/omartigan style league be set up for a couple of months trial. This could run and Tuesdays and with similar buy in costs to DTD and a few prizes to be won both monthly and weekly and could be quite successful.

Go on, speak to the suits , you know you want to.
  • edited May 2013
    At last!!! the powers that be have listerned, hope this is a great success, great work again Tikay, and looking forward to your great work from DUBLIN too. gl all tonight  and HAVE FUN :-)
    Posted by ms-tree
    Tonight is not a "Company" night, I'm doing it myself, just thought it'd be a bit of fun.

I'll do another full "private" PLO8 Evening next week, too, as well as a "proper" Omaha High Only Cash PTP evening.

• edited May 2013
    *BUMP*  OVERLAY!!!! Still only 5 in the 100 gtd, £5.50 buy in  8:25p.m  6 players for the 7:25p.m Both OMAHA PLO8 Tikay work your magic
    Posted by ms-tree
    Doing my best.

This ought to help. The 6 players registered for the 7.25 PLO8 include THE MOTHER.

Amarie2000
    BloodyKK2000
    GELDY2000
    kevin19682000
    rancid2000
    tikay12000
  • edited May 2013
      Hi TK, as there seems to be quite a bit of interest in Omaha at the moment( partly due to your unsting efforts) could i suggest that a DTD/omartigan style league be set up for a couple of months trial. This could run and Tuesdays and with similar buy in costs to DTD and a few prizes to be won both monthly and weekly and could be quite successful.  Go on, speak to the suits , you know you want to.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Hi Pommy.

Don't need to speak to the Suits, if you guys fancy running one of these, I'll find some Prizes (from Sky Poker), & I'll play as often as my Diary allows.

Only thing is, really, I don't have time to set it up, manage it, & run it, but if anyone wants to, count me in, & I'll get some (small) Prizes organised.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Cheap(ish) PLO8 Tourney tonight anyone? : Who might THAT have been then?...... I'm off to Dublin on the 13.40 Ryanair from Gatwick, tomorrow, & fly back on the 0740am on Monday. SPT Rich (Tighty), Sky Adam, & myself will be the only "staff" there, so Updates might be a bit sporadic, but we'll do our best. TV Producer Dan wil be there with the 861 Camera, too, & so I'll be doing the TV stuff, too.   JamieLou has promised to help out with the Live Update once she has busted the Tourney. Call it 2.15pm Saturday then.    
    Posted by Tikay10
    So cruel..but probably true
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Cheap(ish) PLO8 Tourney tonight anyone? : Doing my best. This ought to help. The 6 players registered for the 7.25 PLO8 include THE MOTHER. Amarie 2000 BloodyKK 2000 GELDY 2000 kevin1968 2000 rancid 2000 tikay1 2000
    Posted by Tikay10

...be afraid!!!!
  • edited May 2013
    I'd be more then happy to help you out Tikay regarding sorting some sort of league thingy.

still OVERLAY in the 8:25p.m PLO8   6 reg so far  £100 gtd.
  • edited May 2013
    Im in tikay quick get on the blower to jules and ryan and plug it ;) jj suits say nono im sure

After a good start its time for variance to kick in so come join the fun ppl noobfishnchips here
  • edited May 2013
  • edited May 2013
    Bump

Less then an hour to reg in the 8:25p.m PLO8 100gtd 

Can you knock Tikay out of this????

gl all playing in this tonight
  • edited May 2013
    Why always plo8? How about some omaha hi?

Ger
  • edited May 2013
    Why always plo8? How about some omaha hi? Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    tikay played about 5 hours of PLO last night.
  • edited May 2013
    That was cash games. I meant the tourneys though. But no matter as im out tonight anyhow!

ger :)
  • edited May 2013
    Bump 30 mins to reg for the 8:25p.m PLO8 £100 gtd

Still overlay as only 12 runners, lets beat the gtd

Tikay will be all raring to go in this, as 1st out in the 7:25p.m PLO8 tourny  (Sorry tikay)

gl all
  • edited May 2013
    Any spot prizes given to bump numbers up tikay??

25 mins left to Reg in this PLO8 8:25p.m 100gtd
  • edited May 2013
    just got home so missed no1. will donate in no2. have fun!!!
  • edited May 2013

*BUMP*

15mins to reg for the £100 gtd PLO8

17 reg so far  so 3 more need to reach gtd

gl all

• edited May 2013

Message on TPT thread, fingers crossed.
  • edited May 2013
    In. Just firing up the laptop.
  • edited May 2013
    Bump

10 mins to reg for this PLO8 £100 gtd