You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ive just realise how much skys rakeback has reduced under the new c4p

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat
A couple of years ago priority would give £940 for 20k points, now its more like £500.

Now I know this has been done to death and skys defence is there will be more promos, but there can only be one winner with this level of reduction. 

I know the usual, its a business etc etc, but in my industry we have a principle called treating customers fairly, sky have to be very careful or the hand that feeds it (ie the player base) will start to dwindle. 

I like playing on sky, but there are many reasons why I shouldnt, so why take my and other players loyalty for granted. Sky's MTT schedule is awful, its been brought up time and time again yet nothing happens. It seems to me the site is stagnating, player numbers are not growing which suggests a radical new strategy needs to be thought out to get the old players back and attract new ones. 

Comments

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Ive just realise how much skys rakeback has reduced under the new c4p:
    A couple of years ago priority would give £940 for 20k points, now its more like £500. Now I know this has been done to death and skys defence is there will be more promos, but there can only be one winner with this level of reduction.  I know the usual, its a business etc etc, but in my industry we have a principle called treating customers fairly, sky have to be very careful or the hand that feeds it ie the player base will start to dwindle.  I like playing on sky, but there are many reasons why I shouldnt, so why take my and other players loyalty for granted. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Treating customers fairly has nothing to do with cashback or "rebates" for that matter, which are now banned, in your industry.

At the end of the day if you are not happy you have a choice.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Ive just realise how much skys rakeback has reduced under the new c4p:
    In Response to Ive just realise how much skys rakeback has reduced under the new c4p : Treating customers fairly has nothing to do with cashback or "rebates" for that matter, which are now banned, in your industry. At the end of the day if you are not happy you have a choice.
    Posted by LARSON7

TCF is about transparency and letting your clients know what your charging them for.

Anyway I digress, and its really annoying when you get this if you dont like it lump it type response. We dont all have to tow the sites line and if they dont listen to the player base which is telling them constantly to sort the mtt schedule out , they will end up with a dwindling player numbers. Two years ago they had nearly 5k players on every night, its nowhere near that now. 

• edited May 2013
    There has already been a big debate on the new c4p system. Sky's change is ultimately for the better
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Ive just realise how much skys rakeback has reduced under the new c4p:
    In Response to Re: Ive just realise how much skys rakeback has reduced under the new c4p : TCF is about transparency and letting your clients know what your charging them for. Anyway I digress, and its really annoying when you get this if you dont like it lump it type response. We dont all have to tow the sites line and if they dont listen to the player base which is telling them constantly to sort the mtt schedule out , they will end up with a dwindling player numbers. Two years ago they had nearly 5k players on every night, its nowhere near that now. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    .AG i can understand where you're coming from but times have changed. In two years the sites you can play on 
    have prob doubled, players are getting better, and the money for a lot of people is tighter.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Ive just realise how much skys rakeback has reduced under the new c4p : TCF is about transparency and letting your clients know what your charging them for. Anyway I digress, and its really annoying when you get this if you dont like it lump it type response. We dont all have to tow the sites line and if they dont listen to the player base which is telling them constantly to sort the mtt schedule out , they will end up with a dwindling player numbers. Two years ago they had nearly 5k players on every night, its nowhere near that now. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    +1
  • edited May 2013
    Does anyone know exact figures for what it is now for:

20k, 30k, 40k. Planning on playing 60 hrs+ per week over summer, please dont dissapoint me 

• edited May 2013
    I wanted to express my concerns but I was afraid of being berated by others for not agreeing with all of skys decisions.

The change is a big loss every month to me and Im working on my roi instead of grinding like crazy.  This month I'll make 10k points whereas in the past I'd make at least 30k.  I guess in my case sky has shot themselves in the foot.

I'm also playing alot more on another site where I recieve 40% rb.

Good Luck all!
  • edited May 2013
    How anyone can say changes like this is not for the best is beyond me.
  • edited May 2013
    I wanted to express my concerns but I was afraid of being berated by others for not agreeing with all of skys decisions. The change is a big loss every month to me and Im working on my roi instead of grinding like crazy.  This month I'll make 10k points whereas in the past I'd make at least 30k.  I guess in my case sky has shot themselves in the foot. I'm also playing alot more on another site where I recieve 40% rb. Good Luck all!
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Is this even a serious post. This is why poker is becoming such a boring game for recreational players. You're essentially complaining about being forced to actually PLAY poker!
  • edited May 2013
    Does anyone know exact figures for what it is now for: 20k, 30k, 40k. Planning on playing 60 hrs+ per week over summer, please dont dissapoint me 
    Posted by RobIles

After your sarchastic post on the other thread, I dont know why I am replying but to get 20k points playing nl30 is prob in the region of 6-7 hours a day(6 tabling). 

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Ive just realise how much skys rakeback has reduced under the new c4p : Is this even a serious post. This is why poker is becoming such a boring game for recreational players. You're essentially complaining about being forced to actually PLAY poker!
    Posted by percival09

I dont see where hes complaining about being forced to play poker, what hes saying is hes giving his custom to another site because sky dont give him enough rakeback to make it worthwhile. 

Cash is becoming much harder to beat, so if poker is your only source of income and you dont consider which sites give the best rakeback frankly thats just stupid. 

I suspect that as with a lot of british players there is an affinity to sky as no other site has such a community. I also dont like the way you jump on people who raise issues that are still relevant (ie I didnt realise that the new c4p was soo much less % than before and im talking about a  nearly 90-100% drop at 20k). 

You say the conversation has been done, not all players where around or privy to the original thread. Therefore, it should be raised again especially for those who have not debated this before. 

Going by the new c4p I am better off getting 5k points, but worse of 20k, commercial madness once more from sky. 
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Ive just realise how much skys rakeback has reduced under the new c4p : I dont see where hes complaining about being forced to play poker, what hes saying is hes giving his custom to another site because sky dont give him enough rakeback to make it worthwhile.  Cash is becoming much harder to beat, so if poker is your only source of income and you dont consider which sites give the best rakeback frankly thats just stupidI suspect that as with a lot of british players there is an affinity to sky as no other site has such a community. I also dont like the way you jump on people who raise issues that are still relevant (ie I didnt realise that the new c4p was soo much less % than before and im talking about a  nearly 90-100% drop at 20k).  You say the conversation has been done, not all players where around or privy to the original thread. Therefore, it should be raised again especially for those who have not debated this before.  Going by the new c4p I am better off getting 5k points, but worse of 20k, commercial madness once more from sky. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Ok sorry, perhaps "forced" wasn't the right word to use. Yes that is completely fine, sure, go and play on other sites - don't complain about something that actually benefits the site ON A WHOLE - not just the 0.5% of huge grinders on the site. Sky need to balance between grinders and recreational players and this is a great way of offering an incentive to those recreational players. If somebody decides to go and play on another site to earn more rakeback even though the games there are probably much harder then that's cool with me. At least it'll make the games here @ sky more exciting. 

Rakeback pro's just tilt me to be honest. Rakeback is a bonus if anything, but complaining about something like this just makes you look like a naive self-centered pig (not aiming this @ you). Like you say, there are other sites out there, go play on them.

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Ive just realise how much skys rakeback has reduced under the new c4p : Ok sorry, perhaps "forced" wasn't the right word to use. Yes that is completely fine, sure, go and play on other sites - don't complain about something that actually benefits the whole site ON A WHOLE - not just the 0.5% of huge grinders on the site. Sky need to balance between grinders and recreational players and this is a great way of offering an incentive to those recreational players. If somebody decides to go and play on another site to earn more rakeback even though the games there are probably much harder then that's cool with me. At least it'll make the games here @ sky more exciting.  Rakeback pro's just tilt me when to be honest. Rakeback is a bonus if anything, but complaining about something like this just makes you look like a naive self-centered pig (not aiming this @ you). Like you say, there are other sites out there, go play on them. Lol sure the community here is great, but there's an affinity for how soft the games are here, not so much the community (not speaking for everyone)
    Posted by percival09

And therein lies your problem, you cannot acknowledge people who make money out of poker through rakeback schemes. Its called thinking outside of the box. And the poker sites are just as culpable through offering generous rakeback schemes(at least some of them are).

If I was DTM and I knew at worst I could break even on most sites of course I would look to the site with the most rakeback, its market forces.

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Ive just realise how much skys rakeback has reduced under the new c4p : And therein lies your problem, you cannot acknowledge people who make money out of poker through rakeback schemes. Its called thinking outside of the box. And the poker sites are just as culpable through offering generous rakeback schemes(at least some of them are). If I was DTM and I knew at worst I could break even on most sites of course I would look to the site with the most rakeback, its market forces.
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Well done for completely ignoring the whole debate.

And no, it's because I have a brain and I actually care about the liquidity of online poker
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Ive just realise how much skys rakeback has reduced under the new c4p : And therein lies your problem, you cannot acknowledge people who make money out of poker through rakeback schemes. Its called thinking outside of the box. And the poker sites are just as culpable through offering generous rakeback schemes(at least some of them are). If I was DTM and I knew at worst I could break even on most sites of course I would look to the site with the most rakeback, its market forces.
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    And no, I can acknowledge it, and I guess I misworded my earlier comment. I don't have a problem with players making money through rakeback as such, it's when they start to complain about something like this when a) it benefits the site on a whole b) there are a lot of other sites out there, stop making a fool out of yourself and go play them and make what few pennies you can from playing boring poker and c) they can't see past their own desires
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Ive just realise how much skys rakeback has reduced under the new c4p : Well done for completely ignoring the whole debate. And no, it's because I have a brain and I actually care about the liquidity of online poker
    Posted by percival09

And well done for coming across as totally patronising, you seem to lurk on this forum and do it very well. 

To talk about liquidity in poker especially on this site is laughable, are you naiave enough to believe that revamping c4p will improve the numbers on the site including more recreational players who think, ohh I am going to play sky poker today because they care about us more than other sites lol. There are soo many more factors than that. 

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Ive just realise how much skys rakeback has reduced under the new c4p : And no, I can acknowledge it, and I guess I misworded my earlier comment. I don't have a problem with players making money through rakeback as such, it's when they start to complain about something like this when a) it benefits the site on a whole b) there are a lot of other sites out there, stop making a fool out of yourself and go play them and make what few pennies you can from playing boring poker and c) they can't see past their own desires
    Posted by percival09
    You seem to do a lot of miswording.........

Seems like your brain and mouth are disconnected. You are patronising and arrogant to the core. 

PS I have played a lot of other sites and still do, if I could be bothered I would be following JJ onto pokerstars.fr. When I get a minute I will go through their onerous signup and see if things are better than on here. 
  • edited May 2013
    Ok, it's laughable. It's hard not to come across as patronosing when you're trying to have a debate with somebody who should probably stick to Zynga. 

lol and yes that's what happens when you haven't slept. Apologies, sir.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Ive just realise how much skys rakeback has reduced under the new c4p : You seem to do a lot of miswording......... Seems like your brain and mouth are disconnected. You are patronising and arrogant to the core.  PS I have played a lot of other sites and still do, if I could be bothered I would be following JJ onto pokerstars.fr. When I get a minute I will go through their onerous signup and see if things are better than on here. 
    Posted by ACEGOONER
    Really does only take a minute.

The rest of the time is waiting for them to varify stuff and send u codes. It's easy. Do it!!

No real contribution to the thread topic other than YAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWN POINTS !

You can 'play poker' and make alot of rakeback cant you? Didn't they change it to reward active players recently? It's not 1 or the other, as in 'winrate or rakeback' ? Crush both! :)

I have 2k already btw. x 3 for the days left I could be on for a record month of 6k!!!!! :o

How much worse off will I be? £1? £2? £3? ;) fml :P

• edited May 2013
    Ok, it's laughable. It's hard not to come across as patronosing when you're trying to have a debate with somebody who should probably stick to Zynga.  lol and yes that's what happens when you haven't slept. Apologies, sir.
    Posted by percival09

There you go again, seriously you are a deranged fool. Your just embarrasing yourself now. But JJ is right its overdone, so I'll let you wallow in your self importance whilst the rest of us carry on with normal life. 
  • edited May 2013
    The rakeback debate has been discussed a lot. On the whole it boils down to one side which makes (or at least tries to make) money from poker and sees rakeback as a bonus and the other side which relies on rakeback. If the new deal means you want to go to another site then that's what you need to do and Skypoker will have to assess the overall situation. I fall into the rakeback is a bonus and I am a fan of anything that keeps more recreational players playing on the site and playing poker generally.

What I would say is, in my opinion, a lot of the players who say they will leave due to the rakeback situation would struggle on other sites or they would have done it by now and wont leave (but by all means prove me wrong!). Also, I think players need to think of the overall package they get rather than just thinking this rakeback deal is great but if its all about rakeback I hear Lock poker has some great deals!

Apologies on behalf of Percival, he was railing me most of the night and is young and cant hack the pace!
  • edited May 2013

To avoid more mud slinging we are closing this thread.

However, do please remember that we have discussed this a lot before and been totally open about the changes. There are indeed some people a bit worse off from this new scheme but many, many people better off. It is a competitive offer. It's impossible to keep everyone 100% happy (as this thread shows) but we do try to make improvements with all in mind.

Do remember that this is not the only value we offer, Sky Poker rewards is just the foundation (an important one) of other value we offer. Other things include:

- Big Deal
    - Final table Jackpot
    - Syndicate freerolls
    - Early bird
    - Happy hour
    - King of the hill
    - Freerolls
    - etc....

There will be more of these promotions too.

We believe we offer good, competitive value for all types of player and a unique player experience. Nevertheless we are always looking for opportunities to improve.

Thank you and have a good weekend.

Sky Poker