You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Skipping hands in All-in Sats

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat
I've just finished 3rd in an All-in Satellite with the top 2 getting seats into tonight's 8pm main.

That's a little irritating, but what was more irritating was that one of the players on the FT wasn't dealt into the hand.  There were 36 runners, so everyone turned up with 6k in chips.  The player that was not dealt in was then obviously guaranteed the seat.  I don't see any reason for players not to be dealt in in all-ins, is this a recent thing or always been there as I'd assume it would generate complaints almost every time??

Thanks.

Mike.

Comments

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Skipping hands in All-in Sats:
    I've just finished 3rd in an All-in Satellite with the top 2 getting seats into tonight's 8pm main. That's a little irritating, but what was more irritating was that one of the players on the FT wasn't dealt into the hand.  There were 36 runners, so everyone turned up with 6k in chips.  The player that was not dealt in was then obviously guaranteed the seat.  I don't see any reason for players not to be dealt in in all-ins, is this a recent thing or always been there as I'd assume it would generate complaints almost every time?? Thanks. Mike.
    Posted by bbMike
    The only time a player would not be dealt a hand is if he had just moved tables.

Players going from a broken table to fill in seats assume the
    responsibilities of their new position. They may receive any position from
    blind to button.

The only place a moved player cannot be placed is between the small
    blind and the button. If it is necessary for a player to be moved to this
    position, that player must sit out that hand.

As this was an all-in Satalite, I presume he had just moved to this position from another table, so had to sit out of the hand.

Probably seams a little unfair as this is an All--In Satalite, however, if it had been a ordinary MTT he would of gained a distinct advantage if he had been dealt in.

Probably needs to be looked at tbh, as all players are dealt all-in regardless of position, so there should be no Big Blind/Small Blind or Button with this typ of format..

• edited May 2013
    What Trev said, it's exactly how it works in all tournaments.
  • edited May 2013
    This is very very very ridic for an all in tournament. Surely can be sorted by Sky?
  • edited May 2013
    So 1 of the 36 players is gtd a seat?

Another 1 is too.

Totally random, what does it matter? It's as likely to be you as it is anyone else?
  • edited May 2013
    Every hand is a flip, it just ain't cricket....sorry poker.
  • edited May 2013
    It's an all in tournament. Position or anything else shouldn't matter, all that does matter is every player being all in every hand. Not exactly fair that 1 person gets to be guaranteed a seat while others have sweat a 5 way all in
  • edited May 2013
    +1 i always thought in all in tournaments they wait for a table to be filled 

In Response to Re: Skipping hands in All-in Sats:
    It's an all in tournament. Position or anything else shouldn't matter, all that does matter is every player being all in every hand. Not exactly fair that 1 person gets to be guaranteed a seat while others have sweat a 5 way all in
    Posted by percival09
  • edited May 2013
    Obviously every hand is a flip. Obviously it's random. No problems there.

Due to the nature of the game the chance to make the seat doesn't come around very often, and when it does (in this example) I want to be in a 1/3 flip for the seat. I don't want to have a 1/6 chance of skipping the hand and being guaranteed, nor do I want to see another player guaranteed whilst I'm in a 1/5.

Yes I can understand the logic in other MTTs, no problem there.  I'm suggesting that this logic should not apply to these All-in Satellites.

The issue was not that another table hadn't broken, we were all there and seated, there were 6 tables all full that all had exactly one winner from the first hand.  I know it's possible for other tables not to break or to see an extra hand if say they all chop when they're all playing the board - not much you can do about that.

As Doh says, it's all random and all works out in the end, but just seems a bit silly to me.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Skipping hands in All-in Sats:
    So 1 of the 36 players is gtd a seat? Another 1 is too. Totally random, what does it matter? It's as likely to be you as it is anyone else?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    True, especially given the format of these games.

And as people have stated, it is done as per regular tournament rules.

Thanks
    Sky Poker
  • edited May 2013
    Disappointing response, SkyPoker. I don't think the game plays 'as advertised' and to shrug it off because statiscally it affects all players equally is a bit of shame tbh.