You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday Night with Orford & Citrone: official live show thread

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat
Afternoon and hope you're enjoying your Saturday.

Just to bring you up to speed, tomorrow night we go LIVE again on Sky Poker TV

We start at 7pm and you can watch it on Channel 861 or streamed on this site

What do we have for you?

Well, from 7pm we'll wrap up all the best bits from the final table of Thursday night's £12K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter.

And then, from 8 all the way to the witching hour, we have 240 minutes of coverage from the baize of:

The £10,000 Primo Main Event!

In amongst all the Primo craziness, we'll chat to players on the phone as they play, air your special hand requests as they come in from the tournament and get updates from Tikay who's our man on the ground in Dublin with all the action from the SPT this weekend.

Here's your hosts: 

Richard Orford 

and Carlo Citrone

And of course we'd love to hear from you guys and gals. We'll take hand requests from the big event and, whether you're playing or not, we still love your questions and banter so send in all that too.

Get in touch by emailing skyopen@bskyb.com, or tweeting #skypokertv

Good luck in the Primo and I'll see you Sunday at 7!

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Hi Richard
    I presume then sky does not think you will make day 2 in Dublin if your are doing the show.  Oops did they not take you?  Oh that means there are no freechips.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night with Orford & Citrone: official live show thread:
    Hi Richard I presume then sky does not think you will make day 2 in Dublin if your are doing the show.  Oops did they not take you?  Oh that means there are no freechips.
    Posted by karlluke
    Hi Tina,

As ever, Sky in their wisdom decided tactically to leave me at home for two reasons. 

(1) So they have their finest manning the live TV show and (2) so all the other players in the SPT stand a chance of winning. 

Hope this clears things up for you. 

Rich
    11th in the Primo
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night with Orford & Citrone: official live show thread:
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night with Orford & Citrone: official live show thread : Hi Tina, As ever, Sky in their wisdom decided tactically to leave me at home for two reasons.  (1) So they have their finest manning the live TV show and (2) so all the other players in the SPT stand a chance of winning.  Hope this clears things up for you.  Rich 11th in the Primo
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    thats so true 
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night with Orford & Citrone: official live show thread : Hi Tina, As ever, Sky in their wisdom decided tactically to leave me at home for two reasons.  (1) So they have their finest manning the live TV show and (2) so all the other players in the SPT stand a chance of winning.  Hope this clears things up for you.  Rich 11th in the Primo
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    So thats why Carlo's back :)
  • edited May 2013
    Rich

How will you cope if Carlos flounces out please?
  • edited May 2013
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    The show is definitely going to be colourful!
    Carlo will undoubtedly be orange tanned and wasn't Manning a blue, politically incorrect comedian?
    Or is that James Hartigan????
  • edited May 2013
    Good to hear from you all!

Let me know what you've been up to today and how your poker's going. And I'll start reading out your thoughts on air from 7!
  • edited May 2013
    Good to hear from you all! Let me know what you've been up to today and how your poker's going. And I'll start reading out your thoughts on air from 7!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Just getting started into todays poker.  Just got back from the country and dog show.  Never seen so many different types of dogs in one place.  Looking forward to the show.  Hopefully we will get to hear the winner of the spt  dublin good luck tonite

• edited May 2013
    Got through  to the Primo tonight via the semi-finals!

I wonder if you and Carlo can create some magic and get me onto that final table!

Need a bit of cheering up, my wife has not been too well,out of hospital Friday, back in hospital Saturday,post operative problem(1% chance of it happening),back home in the early hours of this morning. Much better tonight!
  • edited May 2013
    Hi Rich and Carlo,
    Back from Vegas last Monday(trying to get over being 50). I was impressed Aria's cardroom and tourneys, but stopped at Harrah's and their cash games were quite easy.
    Hopefully see you at Newcastle SPT.
    A quick question, please.
    When playing tourneys and the antes kick in, you should change your opening raise(hopefully correct or i've been doing it completely wrong lol). Should you use a similar strategy on action cash tables, where the amount pre flop is larger.

Regards
    Col (mr-mbro)
  • edited May 2013
    I hope you're going to have stern words with Aussie09!
    Fancy making the final table of the SPT rather than giving us Jackpot updates!
    The nerve of the man! lol

Go Aussie09 Take it down!!!!!
  • edited May 2013
    i think you need to read the thread sian went out 14th

• edited May 2013
    hi guys

here is a hose me down hand for carlo

thanks drrungood

652783211 10k primo
  • edited May 2013
    hi guys can you show this hand please?.........redraw!
    12/05/2013 21:31652784453Hold'em£10,000 PrimoNo Limit75.00/150.002802.506852.503027.50
  • edited May 2013
    hi guys thios hand is made for tv.........flat called a raise with aces,because the guy after me kept shoving light....
    then bricking it untillthe river!

Hand History #652793830 (21:49 12/05/2013)...primo..
  • edited May 2013
    hi guys can you show this hand please?.........redraw! 12/05/2013  21:31 652784453 Hold'em £10,000 Primo No Limit 75.00/150.00 2802.50 6852.50 3027.50
    Posted by mrsmarley

Yep, nh. Now go and TID or cash big! GL.

I was multi tabling still on that hand, but yes I should of just jammed and not just flatted the reraise but had 3 tables action on the go.
  • edited May 2013

Evening Guys

Apologies - Haven't been watching all evening, but it looks like Tiger has the golf sewn up now.

I've noticed a lot of requests recently for hands to be posted on the thread for the live show.

I can only think that Carlo's outfit tonight is an attempt for a Max Bygraves "You need hands"

If either of you are planning on attending SPT Birmingham - would be great to meet you.  I'm planning on railing, and may even attempt to play my first live game!

BTW Rich - Has Delia given you the "Where Are Ya" call yet ;)

Great show as always guys

Regards

Pen Fifteen
  • edited May 2013

In absence of Aussie Rob, here is a list of possible jackpot contenders....

Still in Main & Mini.....

Nobody*

*not a player name Rich.
  • edited May 2013
    I played poker with a friend with leprosy once.  Never again.  He kept throwing his hand into the muck
  • edited May 2013

If Carlo wants to stake me for SPT Birmingham - I am more than happy to accept ;)  He will need to invest 200 hours of training as well.

Rich - you look like the lower 6rh to Carlo's Casual 5th year.

• edited May 2013
    I like the top, Carlo. I think it's snappy, smart-casual attire. I approve entirely.

I also think you two are excellent on the show together. When might we be losing Carlo to Vegas this year?
  • edited May 2013
    Evening Gents, 
    Great Show!! haven't laughed so much in ages!
    My question for Carlo - A while back he said there was no such thing as luck in poker it's 100% skill!
    Has tonight changed his opinion?
  • edited May 2013
    Thanks for your kind comments and support,finished 16th and collected £132
  • edited May 2013
    Thanks chaps for all your kind comments and I'm chuffed that you managed to go so deep in the Primo, wynne, after your tough weekend.

Enjoyed the show last night and appreciated all the emails, forum posts and hand requests from you all, so big up yourselves!

Nobody tweets though...seems there's a lot of Twitterphobics amongst you! #Justsayin #Lol
    #hashtag #etc etc