You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A funny situation occurring......would i ever fold?

Here's a odd situation that occurred recently i think in a DTD. One player on my left fairly short stacked so i min raised with AA as he will raise ai may get a caller and i can show my strength. As expected player to my left AI's and two calls from other players. I reraise ai which is a lot more and other players actually call. So cards are shown

AA, TT, QQ, KK.............oops and i'm sliding back in my seat as i'm knocked out. Haven't checked our equities but i'm expecting one to hit in these situations.

i wonder if there are situations where say you had AA and the first five players had AI'd and say close to the bubble or whatever where you could fold this hand ? Your thoughts?

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Assuming its the hands you mentioned we are a 54% fav depending on suits and we massively increase our stack when we win and put ourself in a great spot to win the tournament. 
  • edited May 2013
    Depends what you want to do.  Are you looking solely to cash in the tournament or win it?  IMO you should always be looking for the win as the rewards are so much greater than just min cashing.  I'd rather win 1 tournament out of 20 than min cash 10 out of 20.  As Matt has said, we are favourites and have the opportunity to massively increase our stack and our chances of winning.  IMO we can never be folding AA.
  • edited May 2013
    Getting AA in pre, for any number of blinds and any number of opponents will always be +EV. Sometimes you might be as low as 30% to win the hand, but this will be outweighed by the fantastic price you'll be getting on your money.

I guess it's all about how high variance you mind your game being. Personally I wouldn't be bothered unless it was like the WSOP ME or whatever. A DTD game, isn't gonna change your life one way or the other so imo just take the optimal line and always get it in pre with AA whenever possible.
  • edited May 2013
    Good answers guys and yes its one of them where you can see your stack tripling with a win but that gnawing feeling that a coin flip and your out. TBH Matt, i'm surprised it was a high as 54%. In that case its call and cross your fingers!! Cheers all. TBH i'd have been better with trying to get all-in with one other but only the TT's should have folded as short stack couldn't and KK wouldn't obviously. Odd hand but prompted the question.....normally after a bad beat. haha
  • edited May 2013
    It will be always +cEV to get it in pre with aces but not always +£EV. These situations will be rare but the most common ones would be in DYMs or sats near bubble where payouts are very flat