You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Keep fresh....

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat
how do you all keep fresh in your sessions? after about a few hours i feel unfresh...not bored just not as sharp and excitied about the session as when i started.  do you have breaks or some other method to keep your focused?

Comments

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Keep fresh....:
    how do you all keep fresh in your sessions? after about a few hours i feel unfresh...not bored just not as sharp and excitied about the session as when i started.  do you have breaks or some other method to keep your focused?
    Posted by robbie1992
    When I feel like you just described Robbie, I consider it a pretty good time to quit and go do something else for a while.
     Obv not an option if MTT'ing but if you're playing cash then take a break. Nothing worse than donking off monies when you know you are not playing to your potential.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Keep fresh....:
    In Response to Keep fresh.... : When I feel like you just described Robbie, I consider it a pretty good time to quit and go do something else for a while.  Obv not an option if MTT'ing but if you're playing cash then take a break. Nothing worse than donking off monies when you know you are not playing to your potential.
    Posted by SJspanky1
    Tbh I never get that feeling in mtts maybe it's the excitement of a deep run, if I take breaks in cash I have to quit because it sits me out if Im off too long
  • edited May 2013
    take a 5 min break every hour

force yourself to focus

if that doesn't work best thing you can do is stop playing
    distractions are a massive leak
  • edited May 2013
    How long can I sit out on my table before I get removed from them?
  • edited May 2013
    I think it's a number of orbits/hands rather than X amount of time.

Think it's something like 2 orbits. It should be plenty of time to go have a smoke/make a cup of tea/go for a walk round the house or w/e
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Keep fresh....:
    How long can I sit out on my table before I get removed from them?
    Posted by robbie1992
    If u need a break you should not worry about being kicked off a table.

Biggest thing is realising you need a break and taking one, and not just playing on regardless.