You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Abuse at the tables, How do YOU deal with it?

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat

I took some abuse off a guy last night which got quite nasty. It started off with the usual silly namecalling, 

You know the type, loses a couple of pots and decides you are aDONK, a MONG etc,etc. Well i couldnt resist 

winding the guy up with a little friendly banter but he reacted quite badly to this and eventually left after 

telling me he hopes i get Cancer.

Now, personally, this sort of thing has no effect whatsoever on me but could in some cases detract from certain 

players online experience, especially newer players and i have therefore e-mailed CC with the details.

I particularly took exception to being called a FORUM BROWN-NOSER. LOL.

So, the question is, do you report this type of thing or just let it go?

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Best to just ignore it in-game, but I definitely wouldn't just let it go. I'd be straight on to customer care and get 'em chat banned. As you say, some people can just turn the other cheek and shrug it off, but some people might not take it so well, and no-one should have to put up with that kind of abuse.

Interesting thread abuot this 'next door' (as I believe it's known) on another forum, about why people do this.
  • edited May 2013
    I would give him one chance to desist in the chatbox then report him. It takes 10 seconds to email sky with the tablke number and hopefully get the guy a chat ban. Its not so much that the abuse bothers me, but I dont like these cretins to think they can get away with doing/saying what they want.

IRL, I have taken a few punches and abuse for trying to 'police' antisocial behaviour and am now quite wary of getting involved - but online I can fill my boots!  ;)
  • edited May 2013
    mini view, internet is not an ideal social enviroment - u can say what you want with no comebacks

just because you share a table with someone doesn't mean your going to like them

I used to run with it and try and tilt people more but if they giving you abuse just ignore it or take pleasure in the fact that they are tilting

• edited May 2013
    offer battle with the keyboard if you think you can win/ otherwise beat a hasty retreat and contact CC !
  • edited May 2013
    i seen one where i was on mini view and someone else informed me on another table i came off mini view to discuss a hand. Apparently some guy told me the same as u. I responded by taking his money. Hope you did same. 
  • edited May 2013

Copy and paste the comments in to their note box, instead of manually typing "Massive donk Fish" 

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Abuse at the tables, How do YOU deal with it?:
    Copy and paste the comments in to their note box, instead of manually typing "Massive donk Fish" 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    and how do you deal with the abuse from the presenters DOHHHHHHHH?
    that was your hand Carlo was commenting on last night wasn't it?
    might be mistaken, had skytv on miniview so not easy to read the names, and sound still keeps cutting out.

in response to OP, I love it. bring it on I say. once had someone chasing me across the tables after I had knocked him out of something to give me abuse for at least half an hour. cheers me up no end knowing how tilted peeps can get and what they think is an acceptable response. and if others take objection to it I'm happy to back them up, but rarely feel the need to complain myself. face to face I might not be so graceful but online no problem.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Abuse at the tables, How do YOU deal with it? : and how do you deal with the abuse from the presenters DOHHHHHHHH? that was your hand Carlo was commenting on last night wasn't it? might be mistaken, had skytv on miniview so not easy to read the names, and sound still keeps cutting out. in response to OP, I love it. bring it on I say. once had someone chasing me across the tables after I had knocked him out of something to give me abuse for at least half an hour. cheers me up no end knowing how tilted peeps can get and what they think is an acceptable response. and if others take objection to it I'm happy to back them up, but rarely feel the need to complain myself. face to face I might not be so graceful but online no problem.
    Posted by GELDY
    I had sound low but Dohhhhh definately had a hand, couldnt hear it well tho as had other sound on. 
  • edited May 2013
    that really is disgusting, i dont really mind a bit of donk calling, ive done it myself and had it said to me, it means nothing but to say i hope you get cancer is the lowest of the low, i hope that comment dosent come back to bite him because im a strong believer in karma.
  • edited May 2013
    Haven't watched a show live for >6 months. Probably a good thing if I'm getting abused all the time :)

Have a mate down south who watches the shows/repeats alot, every so often he'll ring me. 

When I see his name on the incoming call, I just know he's going to start "Hey m8 I saw you on sky poker last night playing a hand like a donk"

Have to keep donking or we'd probably lose touch ;)
  • edited May 2013
    Hi Pom
    Report, report , report! Outrageous. How would you feel if someone in your family had cancer? Sky do your stuff and ban this guy from chat for a while. What more must he say? We can all be frustrated from time to time but that is just nasty. 
  • edited May 2013
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hi D
    Have you been putting notes in MY note box.ha
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Abuse at the tables, How do YOU deal with it? : and how do you deal with the abuse from the presenters DOHHHHHHHH? that was your hand Carlo was commenting on last night wasn't it? might be mistaken, had skytv on miniview so not easy to read the names, and sound still keeps cutting out. in response to OP, I love it. bring it on I say. once had someone chasing me across the tables after I had knocked him out of something to give me abuse for at least half an hour. cheers me up no end knowing how tilted peeps can get and what they think is an acceptable response. and if others take objection to it I'm happy to back them up, but rarely feel the need to complain myself. face to face I might not be so graceful but online no problem.
    Posted by GELDY
    I never saw the Show, so you have an advantage on me there, but I assume you mean "criticism of his play", rather than "abuse" which, by it's very nature, is vindictive & personal.

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Abuse at the tables, How do YOU deal with it? : I never saw the Show, so you have an advantage on me there, but I assume you mean "criticism of his play", rather than "abuse" which, by it's very nature, is vindictive & personal.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    and the things he said about you, Tikay. You should challenge him to a PLO8 tourney sometime.
    but yes, Tikay, you have me bang to rights, appalling use of language with respect to the presenters. won't do it again, promise.

DOHHHHHHHH that comment had me PMSL
  • edited May 2013
    lol saw the segment on dohhs hand, definetly nothing personal.  Got a guy on my table im on atm that outflopped me and got doubled and then called off a bluff, first time he writes wp, second time wp again. Very frustrating after a lack of sleep, still i don't mind him getting rewarded for calling a 3 bet for half his stack with kq and thinking he played well because he won the hand i just put a LOL nowadays if im in standard view, winds them up to not give a response.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Abuse at the tables, How do YOU deal with it? : and the things he said about you, Tikay. You should challenge him to a PLO8 tourney sometime. but yes, Tikay, you have me bang to rights, appalling use of language with respect to the presenters. won't do it again, promise. DOHHHHHHHH that comment had me PMSL
    Posted by GELDY
    Ha, that's a different matter altogether!

I get abused every day, think it must be in my job brief, so I'm quite used to that. Carlo would never say 'owt behind my back which he would not say to my face, in real life, either.

See you in the PLO tonight. Looks like there wont be many of us. 
  • edited May 2013
    Look at all the FORUM BROWN NOSERS on this thread...

How dare he call you that? I've got to be honest, I don't think you even make the top ten in the charts for brown nosers.

Unofficial Forum Brown Nosers TOP TEN

1. Lambert180
    2. DOHHHHHHH
    3. TommyD
    4. BorinLoner
    5. Maxally
    6. GaryQQQ
    7. Devonfish5
    8. POKERTREV
    9. IDONKCALLU
    10. Slykllist

(This list is open to debate. I don't even look in team talk or punters corner, so...)

This joke took too much time and effort. lol
  • edited May 2013
    i seen one where i was on mini view and someone else informed me on another table i came off mini view to discuss a hand. Apparently some guy told me the same as u. I responded by taking his money. Hope you did same. 
    Posted by The_Don90

But of course.
  • edited May 2013
    Look at all the FORUM BROWN NOSERS on this thread... How dare he call you that? I've got to be honest, I don't think you even make the top ten in the charts for brown nosers. Unofficial Forum Brown Nosers TOP TEN 1. Lambert180 2. DOHHHHHHH 3. TommyD 4. BorinLoner 5. Maxally 6. GaryQQQ 7. Devonfish5 8. POKERTREV 9. IDONKCALLU 10. Slykllist (This list is open to debate. I don't even look in team talk or punters corner, so...) This joke took too much time and effort. lol
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Hahahahahahahahaha this is the best post ive ever seen! The most accurate analysis ever too... Very nice Borin :)

• edited May 2013
    At first I'd see it as a sign that I'd got the other player on tilt and there was an increased chance of me getting his/her money.

But after the last comment I'd definitely report it.
  • edited May 2013
    Look at all the FORUM BROWN NOSERS on this thread...

How dare he call you that? I've got to be honest, I don't think you even make the top ten in the charts for brown nosers. 

Unofficial Forum Brown Nosers TOP TEN

=1. LAMBERT 180
    =1. IDONKCALLU
    3. DOHHHHHHH
    4. TommyD
    5. BorinLoner
    =6. Maxally
    =6. GaryQQQ
    7. Devonfish5
    8. POKERTREV
    9. Slykllist

(This list is open to debate. I don't even look in team talk or punters corner, so...)

This joke took too much time and effort. lol
  • edited May 2013
    Did someone mention Noseys?

• edited May 2013
    Well I have opted out of chat, so I always set the table to silent, and never actually see if anybody comments.

But back in the day on another network, in this situation I would have given them abuse back, and then report them after they left.
  • edited May 2013
    Look at all the FORUM BROWN NOSERS on this thread... How dare he call you that? I've got to be honest, I don't think you even make the top ten in the charts for brown nosers. Unofficial Forum Brown Nosers TOP TEN 1. Lambert180 2. DOHHHHHHH 3. TommyD 4. BorinLoner 5. Maxally 6. GaryQQQ 7. Devonfish5 8. POKERTREV 9. IDONKCALLU 10. Slykllist (This list is open to debate. I don't even look in team talk or punters corner, so...) This joke took too much time and effort. lol
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Devonfish5 at no,7...'are you havin a laugh'!!!

should be no. 3 or 4 at least.  lol

(* *)
       ^
    dev
  • edited May 2013
    pffffft how am I even on that list!

My inbox is jam packed full of "we've had to delete your post because......" msgs. Prob not been many contributors who've *constructively* criticised skypoker as much as I have over the last 3 yrs!!!! 

You've gone for post volume rather than BNoze content imo! 

Also Maxally shudnt be on there!!! And there should be a gap 3,238 miles long before Lambert and no.2 ! 

• edited May 2013
    Doesn't Maxally usually bubble ?!
  • edited May 2013

Big +1 to this:-

You've gone for post volume rather than BNoze content imo! 

Also Maxally shudnt be on there!!! And there should be a gap 3,238 miles long before Lambert and no.2 ! 
  • edited May 2013
    I deal with it by using it. If they abuse me or sometimes another player the sense is they are heading to tilt. If the voice of reason fails to get a response I then set out to challenge them and if they respond badly and the abuse worsens and they start to play badly they throw away their chances in the game.  I have every sympathy for any player on tilt but if they get abusive they deserve everything they get. Go for the -0 metaphoical kill.

n Response to Abuse at the tables, How do YOU deal with it?:
      I took some abuse off a guy last night which got quite nasty. It started off with the usual silly namecalling,   You know the type, loses a couple of pots and decides you are aDONK, a MONG etc,etc. Well i couldnt resist    winding the guy up with a little friendly banter but he reacted quite badly to this and eventually left after    telling me he hopes i get Cancer.   Now, personally, this sort of thing has no effect whatsoever on me but could in some cases detract from certain    players online experience, especially newer players and i have therefore e-mailed CC with the details.   I particularly took exception to being called a FORUM BROWN-NOSER. LOL.   So, the question is, do you report this type of thing or just let it go?
    Posted by pomfrittes
  • edited May 2013
    Alright, alright...

The chart is impartially compiled by a team of experts(*1) using thousands of selection criteria(*2). You couldn't possibly understand the complexity of the process.

Nobody ever agrees with the charts. Some people even think Dr. No is the best Bond film - Ridiculous.

*1 Me.
    *2 Pulling nine names out of my... memory. Plus Lambert, obviously.