You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Fancy some PLO tourney fun tonight?

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat

It is my PTP this evening, & I thought we'd try a little PLO tournament night.

There is almost no demand for PLO Tourneys, so normally only one is scheduled.

So tonight, there will be THREE PLO Tourneys, as follows......

7.10pm - £3.30

7.50pm - £5.50

8.40 - £1.10

If - IF - players want more PLO Tourneys, then they can help it happen simply by playing one or more of these.

If we get a decent few runners, we'll do more PLO evenings, & the Business will schedule more PLO Tourneys. Its that simple.

If time permits, I'll also be playing some PLO cash, & maybe some PLO DYM's, too.

Comments

• edited May 2013

The three PLO Tourneys this evening now have, collectively, FIVE Entries. Three of which are me.

I may have misjudged this one.

Whoops......
  • edited May 2013
    Hi Tikay.

Put me in for some PLOpperments - I will be playing ALL 3..........

When I say "Playing" I mean.....FOLDING A lot :)

Last Longerments Anyone?

Cue GELDY........:)
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Fancy some PLO tourney fun tonight?:
    Hi Tikay. Put me in for some PLOpperments - I will be playing ALL 3.......... When I say "Playing" I mean.....FOLDING A lot :) Last Longerments Anyone? Cue GELDY........:)
    Posted by POKERTREV
    argh
    had promised myself not to get sucked into this
    but a challenge is a challenge
    hmmmm,
    Will have to think about it........
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Fancy some PLO tourney fun tonight? : argh had promised myself not to get sucked into this but a challenge is a challenge hmmmm, Will have to think about it........
    Posted by GELDY
    Too Tough for ya? :)

But no worries if you already have other plans m8..............I'll just start engraving my name on the trophy :) 
  • edited May 2013
    where were you, trev,  for the PLO8, at least I have a clue how to play that?

so here is the deal. get another 3 tpts to play and I am in. dtd rules.

• edited May 2013
    where were you, trev,  for the PLO8, at least I have a clue how to play that? so here is the deal. get another 3 tpts to play and I am in. dtd rules.
    Posted by GELDY
    DTD: Document Type Definition, a set of rules defining relationships within a document?

We could always play Best 2 Scores from 3 count instead :)
  • edited May 2013

Ha! Great stuff.

15 in total now.

Not good, but better.
  • edited May 2013
    would have really enjoyed playing all of these - and i was really rooting for thursdays because unfortunately wednesday is shopping night and i can't upset the missus!!! - have a great night everybody and i hope plo takes off in a big way soon.
  • edited May 2013
    Come on People!!!! - Don't make it easy for me :)
  • edited May 2013
    hmmm well i dont really want to play PLO as it will surely confuse my PLO8 game but il play this 1 just to give tikay some value back as ive been trouncing him at PLO8 :p

#EDIT# oh dear i missed reg as i had to do an update :( oh well sorry tikay no free chips today, will play PLO8 at 825 tho if anyone fancies it
  • edited May 2013
    looks like 3 score + 1 peeps had a go at one or more of these tonight
    and 6 played in all 3

the 3rd game is on the final table with 5 left in

• edited May 2013
    applying the DTD rules to the 6 stalwarts playing all three we have the current leaderboard

Best 2 Highest
    Tikay10 6 1
    POKERTREV 6 2
    GELDY 8 2
    FLASHJONNY 18 7
    GREGHOGG 20 9
    with Tikay at the top thanks to his win in the 1st MTT vs PokerTrev's 2nd

but it is not over yet - TommyD is still live and kicking in the 3rd MTT, and with a 3rd in the 1st one could still take this down
  • edited May 2013
    TommyD now in the last 3
    but if he finishes 3rd he will be in 3rd place as his 6 will only have a 3rd as the best placing
  • edited May 2013
    Newsflash

the PLO boombox is fully up and working - TommyD now hu and takes down the unofficial PLO championship

goes out in 2nd, but with a 3rd in the first mtt that gives him a 5, taking down the (unofficial inaugural) DTD PLO league
  • edited May 2013
    GG all pity i missed the other 2 touneys but i would probably have crashed in them .ul hu Tommy

• edited May 2013
    TommyD.  Doing just enough since the 80s.

Congrats and well played all, lovely fun :)
  • edited May 2013
    hmmm well i dont really want to play PLO as it will surely confuse my PLO8 game but il play this 1 just to give tikay some value back as ive been trouncing him at PLO8 :p #EDIT# oh dear i missed reg as i had to do an update :( oh well sorry tikay no free chips today, will play PLO8 at 825 tho if anyone fancies it
    Posted by Janana
    I played all three of these while playing 5 card PLO Hi/Lo elsewhere  (And several NLHE games).  It takes some getting used to but screen set-up is key.  It is possible to play different games at the same time, just takes practice and patience.  If you're going to try it, start small.
  • edited May 2013
    Newsflash - places overturned under new "cash" rules

applying a net cash win rule in place of the DTD rules the plocements have changed

amongst the 6 qualifiers the top 4 now reads

1 Tikay
    2. GELDY
    3. TommyD
    4. POKERTREV

• edited May 2013
    Newsflash - places overturned under new "cash" rules applying a net cash win rule in place of the DTD rules the plocements have changed amongst the 6 qualifiers the top 4 now reads 1 Tikay 2. GELDY 3. TommyD 4. POKERTREV
    Posted by GELDY
    STEWARDS!!!

This is robbery, there is no way I'm returning the trophy.

That's it, I'm leaving...
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Fancy some PLO tourney fun tonight? : STEWARDS!!! This is robbery, there is no way I'm returning the trophy. That's it, I'm leaving...
    Posted by TommyD
    If you're leaving you have to start your own thread.  It's the rules.
  • edited May 2013

Great fun last night, thanks guys.

The numbers were less than I hoped (the three Tourneys attracted 13, 11 & 26 players respectively) but still a big improvement over the PLO Tourney numbers on a regular night.

Rather oddly, the PLO8 night attracted quite a few more players. As a general rule, far more people play Omaha than PLO8.

The PLO SNG's were quite busy though, I played 6 or 8 of them & never had to wait for the table to fill, so that's good.

I'm working tonight (with Orford, sigh, on the Show) & likely to be very late home tomorrow after a meeting up north, so that's me done for a few days.

I'll probably play some low buy-in PLO8 DYM's Friday evening, & through the weekend, if anyone is up for it. It's a wonderfully relaxing way to end the day.  

• edited May 2013

Oh, & many thanks to GELDY for keeping the "League Table".

Not fussed that I won a Tourney, not fussed that I won the League, but I beat TommyD......YES!

Tommy was so upset, he went & had a beer. Just a small one. By his standards.

• edited May 2013
    Tikay spends hours trawling internet for pictures of men who are as good looking as tommyd drinking beer. Internet win.

Yes tommy im sure it can be done, im far from surprised you are capable of playing several mixed tables lol maybe I can get there one day