You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Monday's Syndicate Joke

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat

Been busy so just getting round to this post but I was quite annoyed on Monday while playing the 'Syndicate free role'
Id set out a plan before it started that if I got to £10 worth of chips I was happy, if not the last 5 minutes I was shoving any two and either double up or get nothing... 
So it got to 5 minutes and the warning came up 'This is a timed tournament, you have 5 minutes left' I had £3.60 worth of chips so was like its all in...
 Then all of a sudden it comes up with a break!? So I sat there waiting for 5 minutes thinking it must start again after the break but no a soon as the break finished the tournament was over!!! 

Not being funny but that's a joke!  Its an hour timed tournament so why would it go on a break? why would it come up with a 5 minute warning then go on a break and not continue after the break?

I know its a free role but I am quite annoyed by it...

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Did not enjoy the game,should be a normal MTT,with top 6 paid!
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Monday's Syndicate Joke:
    Did not enjoy the game,should be a normal MTT,with top 6 paid!
    Posted by wynne1938
    I'll be honest I like it, but I feel I've been sold short on 5 minutes where I could of doubled/trebled my chip stack!

I don't get how Sky and a very good website could set up a timed tournament and have a break in the last 5 minutes... Fair enough if they want to keep in line with all the other tournament but have the 5 minutes after the break not just end the tournament
  • edited May 2013
    Sounds all very mr bean
  • edited May 2013
    Moaning about freeeeeee cash funny
  • edited May 2013
    Moaning about freeeeeee cash funny
    Posted by IDONKCALLU
    Principle... doesn't matter if its free or not!

I seen your stack while i was playing so no wonder you wasn't bothered lol ;)
  • edited May 2013
    And technically its not free money because it cost me poker points to enters, point i could on used on another free role
  • edited May 2013
    Site dont have to give you pokerpoints, you won £3,60 for nout, why complain. 

Also timed mtts suck
  • edited May 2013
    Like i say free or not ive entered a tournament on Friday using my time and effort and again on Monday and i expect it to be a proper set up... 

It says on the lobby - Start time 7pm 
                                    Finish 8pm 

Well it finished at 7.55pm so i want my 5 minutes! People can say im moaning i dont care Sky are a big enough website to be able to run and hour tournament 
  • edited May 2013
    Like i say free or not ive entered a tournament on Friday using my time and effort and again on Monday and i expect it to be a proper set up...  It says on the lobby - Start time 7pm                                  Finish 8pm  Well it finished at 7.55pm so i want my 5 minutes! People can say im moaning i dont care Sky are a big enough website to be able to run and hour tournament 
    Posted by ClintonH83
    No the tournament finnished at 8pm it just happened to be in the timeframe of the sync break. 
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Monday's Syndicate Joke : No the tournament finnished at 8pm it just happened to be in the timeframe of the sync break. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Which is my point on it being a joke! States an hour tournament from 7pm to 8pm but was finished at 7.55pm... 
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Monday's Syndicate Joke : Which is my point on it being a joke! States an hour tournament from 7pm to 8pm but was finished at 7.55pm... 
    Posted by ClintonH83
    But it didnt finnish at 7.55pm. It said it finnished at 8pm, it finnished at 8pm, not 8.05pm. 

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Monday's Syndicate Joke : But it didnt finnish at 7.55pm. It said it finnished at 8pm, it finnished at 8pm, not 8.05pm. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    If you cant play a game doesnt it mean its over? It also says payouts will be decided after an hour, again if you cant play from 7.55pm it was decided after 55 minutes 
  • edited May 2013
    Instead of moaning/ranting it would be more productive for you to suggest that the tournament was timed for 55 mins from start.
  • edited May 2013
    Instead of moaning/ranting it would be more productive for you to suggest that the tournament was timed for 55 mins from start.
    Posted by settler1
    Im being Productive by as you say 'moaning/ranting' If people let things like this go thats when you end up with horse meat in your burgers... lol 
  • edited May 2013
    didn't play it myself but i can understand your frustration
    ignore the pedants
  • edited May 2013
    To be fair a five minute ciggie break is normally half way through not at the end of agame film etc so maybe a half past the hour start would eleviate any missunderstandings, just a thought, end of the day at least you made a couple of quid though it does sound like it upset your game plan, ul mate
  • edited May 2013
    Hey everyone,

The timed tournament freeroll on Monday night was a trial to see how the tournament played out and if players liked the concept of building a stack and relating every chip to an actual monetary value, rather than playing out like a regular MTT freezeout.

The 'sync break' setting was set to active, which meant the tournament actually only lasted 55 minutes rather than an hour.

I can see why it may be frustrating when trying to 'go for broke' in the final 5 minutes of the tournament and therefore I apologise for the inconvenience.

Rest assured, the function has now been taken off the timed tournament freeroll , and all 60 minute timed freerolls will now last exactly an hour.

Hope this clears up the issue and that people enjoyed the thought of playing a timed tournament as a freeroll.

Hope you all play the syndicate freeroll this week at 6pm on Friday to win your place in next Mondays Syndicate FR final at 7pm.

This weeks bets will be on the forum within the next hour.

Make sure you cast your vote :)

Thanks,

Joe
  • edited May 2013
    Thank you Sky... I liked the tournament and really enjoyed it (apart from the last 5 mins lol) I really like that your stack is related to actual money and i thought that ensured a better game as most free roles are like bingo