You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

10nl river decision

edited May 2013 in The Poker Clinic
i prefer b/f around £5 then check then u a decision

Comments

• edited May 2013
    No solid reads, just an early assumption based on couple of earlier hands that he was quite loose pre flop and willing to station down quite light. What do we do on the river- should i be betting? is check/fold too weak- can i ever snap this off?
    benc Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £23.90
    duonross Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £31.53
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

supercrazy Fold        
    x
    Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £25.85
    moore1987 Call   £0.30 £0.75 £14.37
    benc Raise   £1.30 £2.05 £22.60
    duonross Fold        
    x
    Call   £1.05 £3.10 £24.80
    moore1987 Call   £1.05 £4.15 £13.32
    Flop

• Q
    • J

benc Bet   £3.00 £7.15 £19.60
    x
    Call   £3.00 £10.15 £21.80
    x
    Fold        
    Turn

benc Bet   £4.80 £14.95 £14.80
    x
    Call   £4.80 £19.75 £17.00
    River

benc Check        
    x
    All-in  
  • edited May 2013
    Has villain opened often or is he just stationing

Bet flop smaller

Bet turn a little bigger

I think I just bet river, maybe jam, as played I fold

• edited May 2013
    I've asked to have this and another hand played tonight on the 8pm sky poker show. 

I think this play was a pretty big leak of mine but was hoping I could outplay depending on the flop.

Also getting another hand from the same table analysed tonight hopefully so will be interesting to see their views on both.
  • edited May 2013
    Oh and also you blanked out the wrong guys name on the other streets!! Lol
  • edited May 2013
    Don't know why we are betting turn smaller and checking river if villain is stationing down light...
  • edited May 2013
    Bet turn bigger, shove river.
  • edited May 2013
    Have amended Big Andy- was knackered when i posted-  will try catch it on the show, will probably get slaughtered for my play lol. This hand looks so awful to me now this morning- going to be posting alot in here i think as i find my way in cash definetly some big leaks in my game.

Ncolley- I have just realised my bet was less than 1/2 pot, pretty atrocious i think plaing hands like this OOP i gradually get worse and worse down the streets so am looking to improve. Thanks for feedback- so bet turn 7-7.50? so i can jam the river is general consensus here.

Fwiw i called-Oppo had 23hearts- monster flop!- don't even know why i called probably convinced myself he could turn up with worse Q which in reality is just never happening kq and q10 so unlikely or bluff when in reality i'm just a fish that cudn't lay down tptk.
  • edited May 2013
    Prefer c/c on river
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: 10nl river decision:
    Prefer c/c on river
    Posted by RobIles
    Why?

I would understand check-calling the river if the flopped draws had missed - allowing those missed draws to bluff at it - but which hands call the flop and turn, then bet the river on this board? How many of those hands do we beat?

We may be called by weaker hands if we bet but I don't think we'll be shipped on by worse value hands if we check.
  • edited May 2013
    All depends on just how much of a station you think villain is. I'd say that he won't call down as much in 3bet pots as he would in 2bet pots because ranges are narrower. 

Turn is probably the point at which to decide how we play the remaining two streets. 
    I think betting turn then check/calling river would be fairly bad because passive players aren't going to ship river with 1pairs that we beat. 
    Betting turn+river would be good if villain is enough of a station to call 2 streets with KhQx, KhTx + possibly QxTh or even KQ non hearts.

• edited May 2013
    Have amended Big Andy- was knackered when i posted-  will try catch it on the show, will probably get slaughtered for my play lol. This hand looks so awful to me now this morning- going to be posting alot in here i think as i find my way in cash definetly some big leaks in my game. Ncolley- I have just realised my bet was less than 1/2 pot, pretty atrocious i think plaing hands like this OOP i gradually get worse and worse down the streets so am looking to improve. Thanks for feedback- so bet turn 7-7.50? so i can jam the river is general consensus here. Fwiw i called-Oppo had 23hearts- monster flop!- don't even know why i called probably convinced myself he could turn up with worse Q which in reality is just never happening kq and q10 so unlikely or bluff when in reality i'm just a fish that cudn't lay down tptk.
    Posted by benc
    No problem mate. I think I have a very slim range by the end of this hand but could have possibly thrown you off with the flat on the turn?  I was wondering whether calling the 3 bet pre was a leak in my game or is it okay with the stacks so deep? What does everyone think? 
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: 10nl river decision : No problem mate. I think I have a very slim range by the end of this hand but could have possibly thrown you off with the flat on the turn?  I was wondering whether calling the 3 bet pre was a leak in my game or is it okay with the stacks so deep? What does everyone think? 
    Posted by bigandy18
    We dunno yet cos we dunno what your hand is :) lol
  • edited May 2013
    Oppos hand is in my last post.

Here is a similar type of situation from a quick session a few mins ago, except this was just after sitting down so readless. Is my sizing better? and river play ok?
    elbows7 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £9.48
    bel05 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £10.49
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • J

spongebob7 Fold        
    benc Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £19.95
    x
    Call   £0.30 £0.75 £18.36
    supercrazy Fold        
    elbows7 Fold        
    bel05 Fold        
    Flop

• A
    • K

benc Bet   £0.50 £1.25 £19.45
    x
    Call   £0.50 £1.75 £17.86
    Turn

benc Bet   £1.40 £3.15 £18.05
    x
    Call   £1.40 £4.55 £16.46
    River

• K

benc Bet   £3.50 £8.05 £14.55
    x
    All-in   £16.46 £24.51 £0.00
    benc Fold        
    x
    Muck        
    x
    Win   £10.68   £10.68
    x
    Return   £12.96 £0.87 £23.64
  • edited May 2013
    Ah I see yeh, 23hh. Yeah I really don't like calling a 3bet OOP with 23s.

As for the AJ hand, I think you played it perfect.
  • edited May 2013
    Ah I see yeh, 23hh. Yeah I really don't like calling a 3bet OOP with 23s. As for the AJ hand, I think you played it perfect.
    Posted by Lambert180
    I was in position mate lol. 1 before the button and the 3 bet was from the sb. I also agree the aj hand was played well. Such a small range he's repping there and if it's readless it's a fold for me. 
  • edited May 2013
    Sorry, I'm being stupid, how could you possibly be OOP when Ben is the SB lol.

Still don't love the call IP tbh, we have to flop SO well to be happy... Ben said this is a monster flop but really you have bottom pr and a draw that will be dead to literally any other FD. If we're planning to make moves post flop it might not be so bad but there are just better hands to flat 3bets IP with.
  • edited May 2013
    Fair shout. Thought it could be a bit of a leak but wanted more opinions on it. Cheers lambert.
  • edited May 2013
    Out of interest Andy, if i continue the betting on the river do you just call?
  • edited May 2013
    Out of interest Andy, if i continue the betting on the river do you just call?
    Posted by benc
    I'm probably making a mistake here but I'm still shoving the River. From what is seen of your play in previous sessions and this one i Think you played the hand very strong with like an ak, aq, pocket pair sort of line and I believe that was my thought process at the time which doesn't leave many flushes in your range. Don't know if this is flawed logic bit that was my process anyway! 
  • edited May 2013
    Yeah i thought that would be the case, cheers for replying- hopefully i'll catch the hand on tv if not maybe write what they say about it in here and maybe see you at the tables in the future.