You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Site down at lunchtime- our way of an apology!

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat
Hey everyone,

As many of you will know, Sky Poker unfortunately had to take down the site between 12pm and 12:45pm this afternoon.

So here is our apology!!!!

We will run a special £200 Turbo Freeroll at 2pm, click here to enter

Also, at 7pm this evening, we will be running a £250 Special Timed Freeroll that will last one hour. Click here to enter this tournament. As an added incentive, the chip leader at the end of one hour, will also be entered into the SPT Birmingham final on Saturday 8th June.

Definitely worth playing ;)

Please note if chip leaders are tied, then winner will be drawn at random.

Thanks a lot and get playing....!

Good Luck,

Joe

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Hi...your link to the £250 timed event takes me to the £200 2pm event!
  • edited May 2013
    Should work now :)
  • edited May 2013
    hi,
    can you confirm whether the break will be active for this tournament.
    ie is the effective finish time at the hour or 5 mins before.
  • edited May 2013
    Can someone explain to me why shortly before the Sky shutdown at 12 p.m. today my lobby said there were 42 seated players, yet the £250 special FR for those affected now stands at 241 players?
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Site down at lunchtime- our way of an apology!:
    Can someone explain to me why shortly before the Sky shutdown at 12 p.m. today my lobby said there were 42 seated players, yet the £250 special FR for those affected now stands at 241 players?
    Posted by FlyingDagg
    There were more than that and it's not just for those onsite at the time, there may be others who might have been unable to come on at that time too.
  • edited May 2013
    i was at work,but surely you don,t begrudge people playing this,an opportunity for free cash instead of a seat great for the lower bankrolled of us
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Site down at lunchtime- our way of an apology!:
    i was at work,but surely you don,t begrudge people playing this,an opportunity for free cash instead of a seat great for the lower bankrolled of us
    Posted by stokefc
    No I don't but in the light of what happened this is the point I was trying to make. I wasn't claiming that 42 seated was at the shutdown but that was a figure that was showing on my lobby shortly before. I WAS playing when the shutdown occured and a message was in the chatbox saying because you have been inconvenienced there will be a £500 FR at 7 tonight so I logged off expecting  that to be the case. I logged on again at 2-20pm to see that they had changed things and I was too late to play the FR at 2pm.

By the way the timed Fr (for those affected by the shutdown) had a final field of 836. There is no way that 836 players were affected by the shutdown ie had their games terminated. It was basically a FR for anyone to enter as far as I could see. I'm glad that Sky did something to try and make up for the shutdown today and happy that someone got a seat at SPT but for Sky to claim it was just for those who were inconvenienced is wide of the mark.
  • edited May 2013
    agree
    idea good - provide a reward for the inconvenience
    implementation poor

i was playing mtts/husng immediately before
    and cash immediately therafter
    but must have gone to lunch just before the 2pm freeroll was announced
  • edited May 2013
    Well done to ausbantam who was chip leader after one hours play last night.

He has earned himself a FREE seat to SPT Birmingham!

Good luck and well played :)

Thanks to everyone who played and good luck for the weekend!

Joe