You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

This Weeks Syndicate Bet- CAST YOUR VOTES HERE!!!!

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat
Hey everyone,

It's that time of the week again, and so far, from my 6 selections in 2 weeks, I've offered up 5 winning bets (My head is on the chopping block)

You guys have picked winning bets both weeks, can the Sky Poker community make it 3 in a row?

Make sure you register for the '£500 Syndicate Freeroll' at 6pm on Friday (in the lobby now) for your chance to be one of the 200 to play on Monday night, in the Syndicate FR Final at 7pm.

See promo page here for details

You can register for Fridays Freeroll here

Let us know why you have voted for your selection :)

Good luck, and get voting!!!!

Thanks,

Joe

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Think I'd be going for Denmark to win the Eurovision....!

Don my glitter splattered flares and dance around my front room..... all alone :)
  • edited May 2013
    Not a betting man but will any of those odds pay more than the original £500 bet?
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: This Weeks Syndicate Bet- CAST YOUR VOTES HERE!!!!:
    Not a betting man but will any of those odds pay more than the original £500 bet?
    Posted by belsibub

The first two will generate a prize pool of £400.
    The 3rd will generate £550.
  • edited May 2013
    Number 2 winning by miles so it's either £400 for a winning bet or £250 for a loosing bet and a timed tourney again.
    If i had thousand of points stashed i would probably still play,as i don't i will save them for promo's i like and that make sense.
  • edited May 2013
    Yeah doesn't make any sense to me.

£400 for a winning bet, £250 for a losing bet.

OR just don't place a bet at all and have £500 lol.

I think for this to work the money has to be getting put on something with odds that are gonna generate a decent prizepool.
  • edited May 2013
    Yeah doesn't make any sense to me. £400 for a winning bet, £250 for a losing bet. OR just don't place a bet at all and have £500 lol. I think for this to work the money has to be getting put on something with odds that are gonna generate a decent prizepool.
    Posted by Lambert180
    i said this last week, it was noted by someone i cant remember who, and this week they offer even shorter odds to pick from.

it makes no sense, win a share of a bet and if it wins lets play for a prizepool lower than the initial bet.
  • edited May 2013
    I will go for Man.UTD to win their last game!
  • edited May 2013
    Yeah doesn't make any sense to me. £400 for a winning bet, £250 for a losing bet. OR just don't place a bet at all and have £500 lol. I think for this to work the money has to be getting put on something with odds that are gonna generate a decent prizepool.
    Posted by Lambert180
    We can do longer odds but obviously the chances of it winning would be longer too.
  • edited May 2013
    I understand about the chances of winning being longer, but whats the point in placing a bet where the return is less than the outlay (in terms of the PP it generates because the initial stake isn't included afaik)? Risking £500 to potentially be able to put on a £400 freeroll doesn't seem to make much sense.
  • edited May 2013
    if the stake as well as winnings was put into prize pool it would make sence, with £250 consolation anyway.

I also think that you should offer 3 choices all with really different odds as at the moment they are all the same around evens.

Just a suggestion
  • edited May 2013
    I'd choose not to bet at all and play for the £500
  • edited May 2013
    OK so by popular demand....

West Brom vs Man United- Man United Victory at 4/5 is the winning bet!

Make sure you register for the £500 Syndicate Freeroll at 6pm this evening!

Next week, we will offer up one odds-on shot, one shorter priced odds against shot, and one big odds selection to choose from :)

Thanks everyone who voted,

Joe