You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Inbox and Polling Problems

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat

I've been having a little problem accessing my inbox and voting in the polls for the last couple of months.

To give you an idea of what's happening; I can open my profile and see that I have messages in my inbox. When I click the link, it begins opening the page and then just seems to stall.

On threads with a poll, the rest of the thread shows up but the poll does not.

It all seemed to start when I installed Kaspersky internet security 2013 a couple of months ago. Does anyone else have similar problems? Any idea how to mend it?

Ta for any help. If you could avoid using tech-speak, that would be handy. I'm very stupid in these matters.

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Not really familiar with KasperSky but it sounds like it's blocking ActiveX content from your machine.. If you try completely exiting everything KasperSky related that is running on your PC, restart your browser, then try without it enabled, we'll be able to see if that is the cause then take it from there!

Once we know KasperSky is the problem, I'll have a dig around and see what I can find.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Inbox and Polling Problems:
    I've been having a little problem accessing my inbox and voting in the polls for the last couple of months. To give you an idea of what's happening; I can open my profile and see that I have messages in my inbox. When I click the link, it begins opening the page and then just seems to stall. On threads with a poll, the rest of the thread shows up but the poll does not. It all seemed to start when I installed Kaspersky internet security 2013 a couple of months ago. Does anyone else have similar problems? Any idea how to mend it? Ta for any help. If you could avoid using tech-speak, that would be handy. I'm very stupid in these matters.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    hi mate,
    I have Kaspersky security 2011 as it was an old one left and was cheaper,i think, but told it was still very good,
    and tbf it has been excellent,so I don't think that will be your problem.

I've also been having a few problems especially the last few days,think it could be to do with all the new up-dates,etc that are going on,but i'm just guessing here.

been having problems with messages on and off myself more to do with them disappearing when writing them up,which has never happened before,and is most annoying.

I have been pressing the x top right of screen which gets rid of everything,then going back there again from lobby,etc and it seems to work properly again.
    might be worth a try.

sorry I cant be more helpful mate.
    gl
    :)
    dev
  • edited May 2013

I managed to close down Kaspersky (which took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out), restarted my browser and tried again. No joy. Perhaps it's not Kaspersky then. That was just my best guess, really.

I also have no idea what ActiveX is. As I say, I'm pretty dumb in computer related things.

I don't think this is related to the site problems of the last couple of days, devonfish. It's been consistent for quite a while now.

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Inbox and Polling Problems:
    I managed to close down Kaspersky (which took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out), restarted my browser and tried again. No joy. Perhaps it's not Kaspersky then. That was just my best guess, really. I also have no idea what ActiveX is. As I say, I'm pretty dumb in computer related things. I don't think this is related to the site problems of the last couple of days, devonfish. It's been consistent for quite a while now.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Hi Borin
    Sorry I missed this post

Open Your Internet Browser

Click on... Tools - Internet Options  -  Advanced  -  Restore Advanced Settings

Then restart your Browser and hopefully the problem should be resolved.

If that doesn't resolve it then......................

Click on... Tools - Internet Options  -  Advanced  -  "Reset"

The "Reset" button is just below the "Restore" button - this will retore your browser to its original settings

Then restart your Browser and hopefully the problem should be resolved.
  • edited May 2013
    Thank you POKERTREV, that's sorted it out quite nicely.
  • edited May 2013

Interestingly, I was going to suggest EXACTLY what POKERTREV said.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Inbox and Polling Problems:
    Thank you POKERTREV, that's sorted it out quite nicely.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Glad I could Help.