You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

leading poker site eliminates "bum-hunting"

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat
Leading online poker site has introduced a new policy in the last day or two.

The new policy means the practice called ‘bum-hunting’ will be impossible – anyone who sits at an inactive table for more than 30 seconds will be removed and the table closed.

This seems like a good idea to me and would be a simple and effective method of eliminating bum-hunting on Sky! Perhaps increase the 30 seconds to like 1-2 minutes but overall I think it's a sign of things going in the right direction @ some sites at least. I hope this doesn't get deleted I haven't named any sites!

Discuss?

Comments

• edited May 2013
    sky would want ppl startin new tables so with that in place it be a bit hard.. 

and bumhuntin = table selection and theres nothin wrong with that imo
  • edited May 2013
    Great idea,should be on sky as well, but on the flip side bum hunter players are what they are and thats how they make there money,it would be better if they reduced the amount of hu tables instead on sky...........less tables=less bum hunters sitting there then if they wanted to play they would have to join a ring game.
  • edited May 2013
    We dont have the problem they are trying to eliminate.

On some of larger networks/sites. They have the problem of 5 regs sat out on a 6 max table waiting for final place to be occupied by someone who spends money on poker. Now imagine lobby if there are 20 tables like this then another 50 hu tables with only 1 person sat.

They are not sorting the larger problem though. There are not enough people spending money on poker. They need to cut rakeback and invest more in attracting recreational players who are happy to spend x% of their pay on poker every month.

As for bum hunting. The only reason anyone who is any good at poker plays on sky is because it is the softest site. So no one who plays on here can complain about bum hunting. If anyone knows a softer site please let me know.

• edited May 2013
    Would make it impossible to start new tables wouldn't it ?

• edited May 2013
    Dont think its going to stop bumhunting.

Simple fact of the matter, if somebody doesnt want to play somebody they wont.

You cant stop bumhunting, you can just make it more difficult.

All thats going to happen is the bumhunter will just have to put more effort in to open other tables.