You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

10NL flopped fh what to do next?

edited May 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Because of the board i check flop because i dont want to chase away my customers then the turn i think a min raise is ok as i am likely to get 1 caller then the river do i min raise or shove ?

Hand History #654622719 (22:22 18/05/2013)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
. Small blind   £0.10 £0.10 £9.92
. Big blind   £0.10 £0.20 £7.80
  Your hole cards

QueenTray Raise   £0.30 £0.50 £10.44
Aeslian Fold        
Grafix Fold        
. Call   £0.20 £0.70 £9.72
. Call   £0.20 £0.90 £7.60
Flop

. Check        
. Check        
QueenTray Check        
Turn

. Bet   £0.90 £1.80 £8.82
. Call   £0.90 £2.70 £6.70
QueenTray Raise   £1.80 £4.50 £8.64
. Fold        
. Call   £0.90 £5.40 £5.80
River

. Bet   £1.80 £7.20 £4.00
QueenTray All-in   £8.64 £15.84 £0.00
. Fold        
QueenTray Muck        
QueenTray Win   £8.32   £8.32
QueenTray Return   £6.84 £0.68 £15.16

Comments

• edited May 2013

Shove river!!!!!!!!

what kinda hands do u think they have on each street?

Your turn raise is pretty bad. but when the guy calls it and leads the river, you have to expect to be called!

• edited May 2013
    bet flop 65p, bet turn bigger. shove river. 

as playued raise turn more, shove river. 

• edited May 2013
    In regards to the flop personally i would bet it but i continue alot of flops when i have opened pre. If you are the sort of player to check when you miss usally then checking is fine to let somebody catch up. When he leads the turn ofcourse we want to raise. The minraise is almost never a great idea if somebody will call a minraise they will usually call a bigger raise so if we are raising for value as you are here we want to be getting as much money in as possible I'm probably making this about 2.60 if not more when we think of what he could be leading with here. It s pot sized lead which in most cases is somebody with a 4 who was loking to check/raise the flop so he is almost never folding. If he has a flush draw or the 2 then we probably are not getting any more money off as he will likely fold to any raise so bigger raise is better. River is a shove everytime.
  • edited May 2013
    Don't like the minraise on the turn. Kinda turns your hand face up after checking back the flop IMO. River shove is fine after being bet into.

Think about flatting the turn? I know you wanna get cash in with the effective nuts but it would continue the deceptive line, in position, with the chance one/both can catch a river card and pay you off.
  • edited May 2013
    Bad spot to raise turn IMO as theres really not a lot of hands the opponents can have that will give you a lot of action! Personally I'd have called the turn and reraised river, but not all in like you did.

Ask yourself what do I think the opponent has? And consequently what is the most I can make him call me on the river without folding?
  • edited May 2013
    Bet flop

Raise turn bigger. I think just leading flop and turn is a much better line and flatting definitely an option. I prob raise though so we can play for stacks

River fine
  • edited May 2013
    Flop: Checking or leading out both have merits, it all depends on you reads of your opponents. If you c-bet a lot then def lead out but only about 30/40p hoping for at least one call and hopefully a reraise. If both your opponents are weak passive then checking here is fine.

Turn: Not a great card to check raise with. Again, leading out is better or check calling. Its very, very hard for someone to have anything good here so a small lead hoping for someone with a small PP to still think hes good or over cards thinking they are drawing cheap or still ahead. 

River: Am I the only one thinking shoving here is not getting called enough times to be profitable as all the play up to now has been very weak? A reraise to £4/4.50 probably gets called more and it does leave the door open for someone to come over the top thinking you are weak/bluffing.