You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bet Sizing

Evening all,

I've been playing NLH for 9 months now, and I like to play tournaments, not so much cash, and not so much the bounty hunters. My favorite games are MTT or Sit N Go's. I especially like to play live.

I try and play a tight, aggressive game. I try and always play from late position and I generally C bet 90% of flops that I see, if I've been the pre flop aggressor.

I feel that the BIG flaw in my game is bet sizing. Should I for eg raise 6,7s the same amount of BB from the dealer button as I would KK from early?

Is there a table to memorise or do I need to take a greater look at stack sizes, table images and anything else? What advice would you give to me, I'm not great on the maths, but I do have a good memory.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Preflop I'd keep your raise size as standard as possible. Some people raise slightly more pre if they're  out of position and that's fine but if you do then you should raise the same with AA as you would with 89s or whatever. We don't want our raise sizes pre to give away our hand strength. Whether you choose to raise more OOP or not, you should keep your raise sizes the same, in tournaments generally 3x the BB and throughout the tournament as blinds get bigger/stacks get shallow, you reduce this to 2.5x the BB and eventually to a minraise (2x the BB).

As for bet sizing post flop, we want to size our bets mostly on the board texture and the kind of range we put our opponent on. Generally my c-bets will be around two thirds the size of the pot, and I'd be betting more on wet flops and less on dry ones. Never less than 1/2 pot though.