You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

did i loose value anywhere?

edited May 2013 in The Poker Clinic
i don't know much about the villain as i only just start doing nl8p having done a raise myself i get reraised so went with a good hand preflop.
xSmall blind  £0.04 £0.04 £8.50
AyrGraeme Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £8.27
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • J

TheRat1 Fold     
Gibbo77 Fold     
craigcu12 Raise  £0.24 £0.36 £9.64
urbun_uk Fold     
xRaise  £0.48 £0.84 £8.02
AyrGraeme Fold     
craigcu12 Call  £0.28 £1.12 £9.36
Flop

• J
  • Q

xCheck     
craigcu12 Bet  £0.56 £1.68 £8.80
xRaise  £2.32 £4.00 £5.70
craigcu12 Call  £1.76 £5.76 £7.04
Turn

xBet  £0.24 £6.00 £5.46
craigcu12 Call  £0.24 £6.24 £6.80
River

xBet  £0.24 £6.48 £5.22
craigcu12 Call  £0.24 £6.72 £6.56
xShow
  • A
  • A

craigcu12 Show
  • Q
  • J

craigcu12 Win Two Pairs, Queens and Jacks £6.21  £12.77

Comments

• edited May 2013
    if you're gonna call the 3bet pre you have to get stacks in when this happens

why on earth did you not raise the turn/river
  • edited May 2013
    surely a wind up
  • edited May 2013
    I don't love the peel pre but once we hit this flop and we have seen villian is happy to raise flop we must be raising turn and river here to get stacks in!
  • edited May 2013
    Fold pre.

Flop good.

Turn his bet is joke small, you should raise.

River, another joke small bet, raise.
  • edited May 2013
    lol @ folding pre in position for that price

when he check raises flop his hand is very face up, so prob just ship and expect him to call everytime with AA/KK

• edited May 2013
    Pre idk it's prob ok given those odds ip, huge rio issues though, I don't hate folding. I wouldn't regard QJo as a good hand pre flop and its a clear fold facing a bigger 3b readless imo

Flop I bet a little bigger, when he raises I doubt he ever folds so just get it in

Raise turn

Definitely raise river.

• edited May 2013
    Your 3 bet call is marginal, fold preferable against some but on pot odds I think you can call but with the notion your not getting married to top pair. 

His small reraise from the SB is more often a big hand so you know if you hit well you can get his stack.

Post flop: Pretty simple, you've been cheque raised when you think he has a big hand so I just ship and make it look weak. Your getting calls by more hands than you would ever think from any top pr to a lot of PP 1010 and under and strong Jacks, not to mention draws.

Turn: So you decided to just call and he bets weak, its just begging for a raise and you need to do so. How you going to feel if an A, 10, 9 or 8 comes - all completing straight draws and also serving to scare your opponent off if he puts you on a draw. You need to get value as he obviously has either a strong draw or a top notch one pair hand.

River: Why, why, why no raise? You have the effective nuts the way the hand has been played. The way its been played I dont think you can get enough value pushing allin but a decent reraise stands a better chance of being called by what looks like a one pair hand. 
  • edited May 2013
    Sorry Craig

I don't even play cash but i can see that the answer is a BIG YES!!!! Sorry bud....
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: did i loose value anywhere?:
    Fold pre. Flop good. Turn his bet is joke small, you should raise. River, another joke small bet, raise.
    Posted by Lambert180
    what I was starting to think about on the turn was he either attempted to bluff with AK and 1010 or is trying to hide a set
     AA and KK I ruled out on the flop because I was thinking myself a cbet would have been done right away.

my mistake might have been what i was thinking on the flop because if i call the flop i should be expecting myself to still be ahead.
  • edited May 2013
    u raise the flop which is correct 

on the turn u just call on a complete brick u should be raising here 100 per cent here so by the time it gets to the river u playing for stacks so just shove 
  • edited May 2013
    Pre is ok imo. Tight players will fold and loose players will call. I don't mind either but I am looking to hit this flop bang in the face and hey ho we do.

I just set him in on the flop. No point messing about with the effective stack sizes and his re raise so just shove with that info. I agree with GT and bet probably 2/3rds flop at least with a view of getting it in. That's where I think you missed out. Is he really ever folding AA on that flop?

As played you could at least try the overbet re raise on the end just to see if he does call off. What have you got to lose?