You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

nl10 heads up river descion

edited May 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Starting up a table unknown sits down. This is about 8 hands in seems straight forawrd enough so far

On this river flatting seems to weak but shoving seems like i will only get called by better...can't raise fold so erm confused lol

What do we think
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
LaLaKeev Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £10.53
jams88 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £9.20
  Your hole cards

LaLaKeev Raise   £0.25 £0.40 £10.28
jams88 Call   £0.20 £0.60 £9.00
Flop

• Q

jams88 Check        
LaLaKeev Check        
Turn

jams88 Bet   £0.45 £1.05 £8.55
LaLaKeev Call   £0.45 £1.50 £9.83
River

• A

jams88 Bet   £1.20 £2.70 £7.35
LaLaKeev Raise   £3.15 £5.85 £6.68

Comments

• edited May 2013
    dont like the call pre but jeez u gotta ship it whist givin a little fist pump cos he raised .!!!!
  • edited May 2013
    I actually think theres a very strong arguement for a flat here. Hate pre tho. ot folding, shove or call depends on mood and how i view oppo. since your readless i actually lead to a flat 
  • edited May 2013
    Whaaa?

You can definitely shove for value and get called by worse.
  • edited May 2013
    Yeah agree with others,fold pre or 3bet if we are going to play 62s oop and take the initiative. i would raise river- if villain turns up with some wierd slowplayed hand like QS AS A2 K2 full then note it but it seems very unlikely, 3sfull and 45s make sense but he is turning up with loads of worse hands like a3+. Personally i make it a smallish raise hoping for a sighcall or being able to snap off a jam hoping he is the kind of player that overates Ax hands HU.
  • edited May 2013
    Everybody seems to hate the call pre. Why do we hate this so much? if every button is being raised villians range is pretty wide we have suited 3 gappers could flop well or could flop nothing and we get away cheap. Its heads up so even if we flop a pair its not as bad as it would be on a full table.
  • edited May 2013
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: nl10 heads up river descion:
    Everybody seems to hate the call pre. Why do we hate this so much? if every button is being raised villians range is pretty wide we have suited 3 gappers could flop well or could flop nothing and we get away cheap. Its heads up so even if we flop a pair its not as bad as it would be on a full table.
    Posted by jams88
    I don't hate the call pre. It's good to do random stuff hu, keeps people guessing. 

But... If you are gonna flop the nuts, get your chips in asap.. The river is a clear ship for value. I would hate myself for just flatting the river. 
  • edited May 2013
    prefer raise pre then bet flop than call pre
  • edited May 2013
    Posted by jams88
    not sure where it said every btt was raised but its only 9hands in.. dont really wanna give MY full reasons and HU strategy as why its bad but id say it is- especuially this early in a HU match, i dont think it holds much value for later on either so jus dump the hand pre imo !
  • edited May 2013
    Think it's fine to say 62s is not going to hold up well verus oppo range, therfore it's not a hand you want to defend with.

I don't play HU but it's my feeling.......
  • edited May 2013
    ^^^ Agreed

Hero hasn't said the villian is opening every button, and even if they are, I'd prefer to 3bet a wider range and still just fold 62s most of the time. Your arguement above seems to justify defending with pretty much ATC which when we're always gonna be OOP is baaad
  • edited May 2013
    ^^^ Agreed Hero hasn't said the villian is opening every button, and even if they are, I'd prefer to 3bet a wider range and still just fold 62s most of the time. Your arguement above seems to justify defending with pretty much ATC which when we're always gonna be OOP is baaad
    Posted by Lambert180
    Who cares? we have 2 greens! Live a little! :)
  • edited May 2013
    Fold>3b>flat pre. Why do you think it's a good idea to flat oop with this hand

3b river, note it if he has you beat
  • edited May 2013
    Pre could be a leak in my game it would seem. Fwiw i did shove the river and got snapped by 45