You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tottenham :(

edited February 2014 in The Football Corner
Another year as a tottenham fan left gutted.  So dissapointing to miss out with our best points tally ever.  Still cant believe after all the hard work and last minute goals weve managed to finish above those clowns from woolwich :( i look at there team and how poor they been playing and it makes me sick.  This sort of thing could only happen to tottenham, very proud of the managers and players tho they have given 100%.  Mr levy you didnt spend your money the last 2 januarys and thats blown alot of the hope of getting top 4 so this summer i think you should loosen the purse strings before we get left behide!!!!!

Comments

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Tottenham :(:
    Another year as a tottenham fan left gutted.  So dissapointing to miss out with our best points tally ever.  Still cant believe after all the hard work and last minute goals weve managed to finish above those clowns from woolwich :( i look at there team and how poor they been playing and it makes me sick.  This sort of thing could only happen to tottenham, very proud of the managers and players tho they have given 100%.  Mr levy you didnt spend your money the last 2 januarys and thats blown alot of the hope of getting top 4 so this summer i think you should loosen the purse strings before we get left behide!!!!!
    Posted by robbie1992

Are you for real? Your team was carried by a player who is way too good to stay and play europa league football. I think that bale was responsible for 24 points of your overall tally.

The reason that you will get it from the gooners today and all summer, is every season your fans go on about being in the top four and even winning the title and yet you never deliver. Gooners by contrast are actually a lot more pessimistic about their team and its ability. Your board made a massive OG in january relying on an ageing striker and another one who has more chips on his shoulder than harry ramsdens. 

• edited May 2013
    As a neutral,looking in from afar i have to agree with acegooner.
    yous are the definition af a one man team with ZERO strikers.
    How can you expect to get anywhere like this.
    And i had to laugh when u said"this could only happen to tottenham"
    this says it all....
  • edited May 2013
    Thats nonsense you dont get to where we are with just one player, obv his massive but so is messi for barca, ronaldo for madrid, rvp for man u...thats how football works.  Dembele, defoe, lennon, vertoghen, lloris, walker....would walk in alot of premiership teams so it cant be a one man team.  Lets be honest how the F did u get 4th, grinding about 6 1-0 wins wasnt it?

-3 late goals against norwich
    -lukkaku missing a sitter after an on slought
    -pinnear missing a sitter after minutes
    - fulham being the better team even tho they had 10 man for the whole game
    -qpr, the worse team in theleague, should have got a draw against you.
    - and about 8 goals from set pieces

pathetic

Why should you be in the champions lague nyways, you never do anything you jsut go out at the semis after scraping through in a group my sundy league team could qualify through.  You just look the average team you are every time.  Least we was exciting when we played.  Anyways your time for a trohpy is soon you can get excitied over the emirates cup haha, doesnt matter anyway north london is ours....back to woolwich.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Tottenham :(:
    Thats nonsense you dont get to where we are with just one player, obv his massive but so is messi for barca, ronaldo for madrid, rvp for man u...thats how football works.  Dembele, defoe, lennon, vertoghen, lloris, walker....would walk in alot of premiership teams so it cant be a one man team.  Lets be honest how the F did u get 4th, grinding about 6 1-0 wins wasnt it? -3 late goals against norwich -lukkaku missing a sitter after an on slought -pinnear missing a sitter after minutes - fulham being the better team even tho they had 10 man for the whole game -qpr, the worse team in theleague, should have got a draw against you. - and about 8 goals from set pieces pathetic Why should you be in the champions lague nyways, you never do anything you jsut go out at the semis after scraping through in a group my sundy league team could qualify through.  You just look the average team you are every time.  Least we was exciting when we played.  Anyways your time for a trohpy is soon you can get excitied over the emirates cup haha, doesnt matter anyway north london is ours....back to woolwich.
    Posted by robbie1992
    Arsenal, scored more goals, conceded less, won more games ended up with more points than the spuds. Thats all that counts. Your team choked again, when 4th was within your grasp. 

I just hope our club have learnt that you cant do top four on a budget and buy quality this summer. We have now very strong finances after the stadium move, you lot still have go through it. Expect 10 difficult years at the lane. 
  • edited June 2013
    U dont well in about 9 game at the end of the season and 5 of those were by one goal when u didnt deserve it.

I agree last year redknapp wanted Cahill and jelavic. Or remy in January and we ended up getting nelsen and Saha. That's more excusable because we shiuld never get caught that far clear but this year was different we had overachieved to have been 7 points clear because its the worse team we've had for years, levy thoght it's an excuse to not sign players and hope we get there but with our fixtures it was always going to be tight, the players showed passion this year we just needed more quality....levy let us down, again. He sacks a manager for not getting 4th and then doesn't help us to get 4th himself.

Yeah but u don't spend it and ur a long way away from a title challenge so whats the aim gonna be, Plus ur gonna struggle to attract big names when you don't ever win anything. Rooney you have no chance in signing.
  • edited June 2013
    think tottenham are good too watch but tbh they are not consistent enough too be considered as a top 4 side..if they get a decent striker and another decent midfielder think they could do well this year