You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

investigation continues

edited May 2013 in The Poker Clinic
My insvestigation continues with some intresting results,thanks to all your replies.
i'm working with a computer programmer at present and we have had some intresting results regarding programs picking random numbers cards etc.We have noticed patterns but i won't go into detail and bore people but i have produced my findings to a tv channel and i am waiting for a reply.Im sure that sky and all online sites try to be fair to all in their approach but are they 100% sure that A computer program is the same as real life dealing.
Just for the record......I don't play cash much but recently i found myself up against scotty 77,I hit a straight on the flop he hits 2 pair,he raises i go all in he hits full house.Hmmmmmmm wheres area 51?

Comments

• edited May 2013
    In Response to investigation continues:
    My insvestigation continues with some intresting results,thanks to all your replies. i'm working with a computer programmer at present and we have had some intresting results regarding programs picking random numbers cards etc.We have noticed patterns but i won't go into detail and bore people but i have produced my findings to a tv channel and i am waiting for a reply.Im sure that sky and all online sites try to be fair to all in their approach but are they 100% sure that A computer program is the same as real life dealing. Just for the record......I don't play cash much but recently i found myself up against scotty 77,I hit a straight on the flop he hits 2 pair,he raises i go all in he hits full house.Hmmmmmmm wheres area 51?
    Posted by TUNES
    Mmmm, proof at last, ~ 16% chance happens once

• edited May 2013
    ..I don't play cash much but recently i found myself up against scotty 77,I hit a straight on the flop he hits 2 pair,he raises i go all in he hits full house.

You know it's in his contract he has to win hands like that thats why there is always software updates because they are configuring how they are going to get scotty77 and yoyo to win hands in the sickest way, don't you know that yoyo always hits quads as well- even happened live in an mtt a little while ago hmmmm, would look so bad for the site if they didn't get deep runs every so often so its understandable, i know for sure i'm on a table with them two i will fold 100% of hands then how they going to river me.

p.s. kudos for still playing on the site even though the odds are clearly stacked against you by the software, sound logic.
  • edited May 2013
    No computer is capable of true RNG. Instead they use a Pseudorandom number generator, info can be found here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudorandom_number_generator.

This is common knowledge though, so approaching anyone about it is just going too be a waste of your time.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: investigation continues:
    No computer is capable of true RNG. Instead they use a Pseudorandom number generator, info can be found here  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pseudorandom_number_generator . This is common knowledge though, so approching anyone about it is just going too be a waste of your time.
    Posted by dub1
    All computers can generate truely random sequences, unless for some reason they can't accept data from a truely random seed, which is highly unlikely.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: investigation continues:
    In Response to Re: investigation continues : All computers can generate truely random sequences, unless for some reason they can't accept data from a truely random seed, which is highly unlikely.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    Okay, I'll rephrase :-

No computer can generate truly random sequences, unless they accept data from a truly random seed. Which is not the case for the RNG used on SkyPoker, Sky Instead uses a PRNG. Some sites like Pokerstars use random date such as people's mouse movement on top of a PRNG to make the results 'more random'.