You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

B/R enquiry

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat

Im trying to get a proper b/r as usually i withdraw when im in profit and start again, this time im trying to build it up to move up limits.  I currently have £400 and play 20nl, mostly2 tables somtimes 3 but im trying to improve on that.  Im just struggling to increase it, so far in about 8/9 days its gone up to 420, down to 350, then 400 , then 350, then 345, and after my first losing day in a while today its at 417.  How the F are you meant to build it up when its going up and down like that

Comments

• edited May 2013
    Once you are more at home playing cash mate you will find it will build at a steady rate, its only a week or so ago you were saying you were finding it hard to win at cash so even breaking even would be good going at this point in time.

Good luck and have patience

Daz.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to B/R enquiry:
    How the F are you meant to build it up when its going up and down like that
    Posted by robbie1992
    Erm, well to point out the blindingly obvious, you build a bankroll by selecting a game that you can actually beat over a decent sample.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: B/R enquiry:
    Once you are more at home playing cash mate you will find it will build at a steady rate, its only a week or so ago you were saying you were finding it hard to win at cash so even breaking even would be good going at this point in time. Good luck and have patience Daz.
    Posted by _ARAZI_
    Yeah that's true. Iv played fairly well lately aswell barring a few bad calls so hopefully it will grow, just seems to be so up and down was curious if everybody's it like that.
  • edited May 2013
    sounds like u havnt put in a big enough sample in as yet so u probally wouldnt know what ur win rate would be... and also by the looks at the numbers u stated, thats pretty standard, ur only swinging up a buy-in then down 1 or 2then up 1 or 2, jus looks worse as its quite a big proportion of ur roll 

my sugesstion would be to drop down a level or increase the roll to minimise ur risk of ruin :)
  • edited May 2013
    be more selective in your games n crush im ok at cash and mtts but far better at mtts so i dnt play cash and my b/roll is going well up :)