You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Birmingham spt direct buyin?

edited May 2013 in Poker Chat
Has it finished?..:(

Comments

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Birmingham spt direct buyin?:
    Has it finished?..:(
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Hi Dave,

No - it's not started yet!

Not 100% it will, it depends on how many qualify via Satellite.

Probably a 60/40 chance there will be Direct buy-ins at some stage, but safer to qualify, just in case.

Be great to see you in Birmingham.
  • edited May 2013
    Does that include priority members Tikay?  
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Birmingham spt direct buyin?:
    Does that include priority members Tikay?  
    Posted by Donttelmum
    No

Now stop it with the thin brags :)
  • edited May 2013
    Where do I buy in?
  • edited May 2013
    10k points a brag?
  • edited May 2013
    Where do I buy in?
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Search for me - I'm in.
  • edited May 2013
    Thats like bragging abt playing 4 sessions a month :-)
  • edited May 2013
    I can't buy in on there.
  • edited May 2013
    I can't buy in on there.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    You may have to phone priority number if its locked.
  • edited May 2013
    Where do I buy in?
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Copied from priority promo

Direct Buy ins to SPT Events

If you fancy playing at any of the Sky Poker Tour events simply speak to your Account Manager and he can ensure that you can buy-in directly for any Sky Poker Tour Event. Please let us know as soon as you can to ensure the event hasnt sold out.

• edited May 2013
    I can't buy in on there.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Contact your priority account manager.
  • edited May 2013
    I have, they haven't got back to me.  Dan skiving?
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Birmingham spt direct buyin? : Hi Dave, No - it's not started yet! Not 100% it will, it depends on how many qualify via Satellite.   Probably a 60/40 chance there will be Direct buy-ins at some stage, but safer to qualify, just in case. Be great to see you in Birmingham.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Cheers tony I will defo be there...I have to get one ahead of thewy again!
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Birmingham spt direct buyin? : Cheers tony I will defo be there...I have to get one ahead of thewy again!
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    My thoughts exactly.

Sort him out, Dave, sort him out.
  • zzrzzr
    edited May 2013
    why can't i just buy in direct. yes I know it would be sold out within a minute, but this is the only spt I could make. yes I hear you all shout out, play the sat's, but at my limits do I really want to try and donk from one tourney to another and fail. Well I can't afford that so the answer is no. What I can afford is knowing I would be getting the experience and the knowledge from far better players than myself and a experience I wouldn't get anywhere else. sigh. P.S don.t shoot me down for having a say.
  • SPTSPT
    edited May 2013
    why can't i just buy in direct. yes I know it would be sold out within a minute, but this is the only spt I could make. yes I hear you all shout out, play the sat's, but at my limits do I really want to try and donk from one tourney to another and fail. Well I can't afford that so the answer is no. What I can afford is knowing I would be getting the experience and the knowledge from far better players than myself and a experience I wouldn't get anywhere else. sigh. P.S don.t shoot me down for having a say.
    Posted by zzr
    because a) Its obviously in the site's interests that as many of the field qualify by satellite as possible and b) Its a community tour so Sky Poker know that if the majority of players are satellite qualifiers then most will be Sky Poker regs, as opposed to opening it up to direct from day one and potentially denying regs wanting to qualify in at low cost the chance to sat in

Most SPT events see direct buy in open at some stage, but its far from certain it will for Birmingham as satellite demand is strong

If all else fails, typically 15 or so players in the one day SPT structure will get in on the day via the alternate list
  • edited May 2013
    Just a suggestion but would it not be fairer that once you have got your seat through a satelite that you can,t register for more satelites as i,ve noticed a few ppl playing them when they have aleady booked their seat,

I asked a m8 about it and he said the,re playing for the cash and that if you win a "2nd seat" you get the amount of the buy in back in cash to your account. Is this correct? It would allow more ppl playing in the sats to get seats
  • edited May 2013
    Just a suggestion but would it not be fairer that once you have got your seat through a satelite that you can,t register for more satelites as i,ve noticed a few ppl playing them when they have aleady booked their seat, I asked a m8 about it and he said the,re playing for the cash and that if you win a "2nd seat" you get the amount of the buy in back in cash to your account. Is this correct? It would allow more ppl playing in the sats to get seats
    Posted by MP33
    This has been discussed a lot in the past. If you are already registered for an event (this is true of any Sky MTT) and then win a seat to that event you will be given the BI amount in cash. To be honest, I think it's a perfectly legitimate thing to do and it's something I've occasionally done in the past.

The flip side of the arguement for people not getting seats is that (taking a Semi as an example) for every 5 people that play it for the cash, that is 1 extra seat up for grabs that wouldn't otherwise be there, and anyone can win it. Also someone playing for cash, doesn't really take a seat away from anyone, they get the cash and that seat is still available, so if enough sats run, and it sells out, everyone has had an equal chance.

I think the people who play for cash are really needed in the SPT sats too, cos otherwise they would be really low on numbers, seats may stop being guaranteed etc.
  • edited May 2013
    agree totally that peeps can use sats for cash
    except when it is not possible to buyin
    then you are taking away opportunities from others
    and I don't think it should be allowed
    imho
  • edited May 2013
    Just a suggestion but would it not be fairer that once you have got your seat through a satelite that you can,t register for more satelites as i,ve noticed a few ppl playing them when they have aleady booked their seat, I asked a m8 about it and he said the,re playing for the cash and that if you win a "2nd seat" you get the amount of the buy in back in cash to your account. Is this correct? It would allow more ppl playing in the sats to get seats
    Posted by MP33
    Maxally's the king!
    I've lost count of the all in tournrys he's won after qualifying. (I seriously thought of asking him to pick my lottery numbers on more than one occasion! lol)
    But as Borin Loner said in an earlier thread would the satellites achieve the numbers without repeat players?
    Probably not!
    IMO all satellites should be for Tournament Tokens where you choose the tournament and no cash alternative offered.
    But that's never going to happen sadly
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Birmingham spt direct buyin? : This has been discussed a lot in the past. If you are already registered for an event (this is true of any Sky MTT) and then win a seat to that event you will be given the BI amount in cash. To be honest, I think it's a perfectly legitimate thing to do and it's something I've occasionally done in the past. The flip side of the arguement for people not getting seats is that (taking a Semi as an example) for every 5 people that play it for the cash, that is 1 extra seat up for grabs that wouldn't otherwise be there, and anyone can win it. Also someone playing for cash, doesn't really take a seat away from anyone, they get the cash and that seat is still available, so if enough sats run, and it sells out, everyone has had an equal chance. I think the people who play for cash are really needed in the SPT sats too, cos otherwise they would be really low on numbers, seats may stop being guaranteed etc.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Wasn,t aware of that
  • zzrzzr
    edited May 2013
    I can't disagree with any of you, it was a bit of a cry for help if i'm honest lol. Another thought though as it is a national event, why not in future have a few seats open for direct buy in for a few regional players for that tourney if they want too, just an idea