You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

What about this?

edited May 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Earlyish in the tournament.  I've noticed villain is quite loose aggressive - likes to shove people off a pot.
X Small blind   20.00 20.00 2025.00
gazza127 Big blind   40.00 60.00 1900.00
  Your hole cards
  • K

twistedp04 Fold        
linjim Fold        
ladron Fold        
RIVVARAT Fold        
X Call   20.00 80.00 2005.00
gazza127 Check        
Flop

• K
  • Q

X Bet   60.00 140.00 1945.00
gazza127 Call   60.00 200.00 1840.00
Turn

X Bet   360.00 560.00 1585.00
gazza127 Call   360.00 920.00 1480.00
River

X All-in   1585.00 2505.00 0.00
gazza127 ?

After the strong turn bet I imagine he's not pleased about the flush draw... or even the straight draw so can imagine I have him beat with my 2 pair.

Am I ok to call it down to the river like I did?  Call on the end?

Comments

• edited May 2013
    "don't go bust in an unopened pot" is an expression worth bearing in mind
    & yes he could have anything. your choice if you want to flip for your life earlydoors
    his betting on the turn looks bluffy
    but to give him credit he has carried it through to the river
    & just because he does like to bully doesn't stop him having it sometimes

will have to leave it to the experts to answer your questions. i've been known to take the flip if i think they are at it - but could be a leak in my game
  • edited May 2013
    have you seen any of the villians hands because he can be playin really loose aggro but just actually  gettin a good run of cards but readless the overbet on turn I feel could be nuttage hands or bluffy/missed draw and because its unopened pot think it`s less likely its a bluff.

put my money on j10
  • edited May 2013
    Well I called.  His line made very little sense to me.  At the time I thought he's not going to overbet the nuts on the turn so I ruled out J10.  I also ruled out any set as he didnt raise into my BB preflop.

So yeah, I convinced myself into calling.  Showed my two pair K7.  He flipped over 98 for a smaller two pair.  Right call for that one scenario but wasnt sure if its the right call long term... but I suppose its all situation/player dependant so I dunno...
  • edited May 2013
    Hi G

Who knows what he has really. Its early in T but why didn't you test him with rer on flop. If he's been frisky before it doesn't mean he doesnt have it here. The flush possibility hurts by the river and a straight with TJ hits on the turn. Rer the flop would possibly have diamond flush possibility away though. I wouldn't call his big overbet on turn personally with my stack size and take a smallish hit as its so early. I think you can find a better place to fight him rather than calling big overbet with tpwk (by that stage). tbh i dont much understand sb limps...theres a niggle in the back of my mind that they are trying to induce but i think its pretty poor play by sbat this stage and for these size blinds personally.
    He may have suited 1gapper but its a pure guess really and could have anything.

PS just remember to make some pertinent note of his play. Info is key remember.
  • edited May 2013
    Why is checking better than raising pre-flop?