You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Difficult river decision

edited May 2013 in The Poker Clinic
Any reads on oppo Larson? i.e. likely to overvalue a worse hand- been playing v-tight/loose etc likely to call with a gutshot. Readless i personally sway towards a fold and expect them to show up with a2 or 67 in this spot, but then thats only because every time i pay it off they show up with the rivered hand lol, really i think we are bluff catching as the river is a scare card for oppo as well unless it completes his hand- all sets are beating us, maybe oppo would overvalue a hand like a10  but then why would he call the flop- could be good enough to recognize you didn't like the river and jam as a bluff but reads would defo factor into that.
i would say  a2,34s,76s,54s and all the sets make up the majority of his range here and we only beat two of themk hands, maybe some wierd slowplayed hands as well. Getting a good price on the river though so i think it is v- close.

Comments

• edited May 2013
    I know preflop blind on blind its pretty loosey goosey, but as played. I am happy with the play up to the river.

I was going to shove the river, then at the last second clicked it back. When opponent shoves, i used the full time bar, just wondering what peoples thought are on the river here?
    LARSON7 Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £3.95
    Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.94
      Your hole cards

lennox1950 Fold     
    mordaw18 Fold     
    hecate Fold     
    EMOSUMO Fold     
    LARSON7 Raise  £0.14 £0.20 £3.81
    Call  £0.12 £0.32 £2.82
    Flop

LARSON7 Bet  £0.32 £0.64 £3.49
    Call  £0.32 £0.96 £2.50
    Turn

LARSON7 Bet  £0.96 £1.92 £2.53
    Call  £0.96 £2.88 £1.54
    River

LARSON7 Check     
    All-in  £1.54 £4.42 £0.00
    LARSON7 ?
  • edited May 2013
    No real reads, i was 5 tabling and hadn't really noticed the player before tbh.
  • edited May 2013
    I'm calling!

I cant see them calling with a gutshot (unless 77) and you'd think they'd raise your 2nd pot raise on the turn with trips. Only hands that make any sense to me is a missed flush draw with two overs, an over pair or a pair of 7's making the straight for them!

Im calling as well because your getting almost 3 to 1 for your call on the river too!
  • edited May 2013
    Well you know I think it's a fold pre but that aside :p

It's a fold for me, when Mr passive just calls down then decides to stick the lot in, it's not usually a bluff or a weak showdown hand.

Guess he could be calling down with 45 and then thinks hes got the nuts with his rivered 2pr. I'd be pretty much disregarding a missed FD btw. Yeah think it's a fold.

FWIW, I was looking away when this hand went off so I don't know the result.
  • edited May 2013
    snap call given the price, plus we still beat a ton and only need ~25% vs 1/2 pot bet
    call call call
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Difficult river decision:
    snap call given the price, plus we still beat a ton and only need ~25% vs 1/2 pot bet call call call
    Posted by LnarinOO
    The great price is the only thing tempting me to a call but I'm still not sure we win here 1in4 times (or more).
  • edited May 2013
    I thought for the full time bar, initially I was going to fold.

At the last second I called. I was thinking it was quite a good price, and if he had me then good luck to him.
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: Difficult river decision:
    I thought for the full time bar, initially I was going to fold. At the last second I called. I was thinking it was quite a good price, and if he had me then good luck to him.
    Posted by LARSON7
    don't keep us in suspense, what did they have? lol
  • edited May 2013

They had ace 8 lol So almost had it!

• edited May 2013