You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

30nl? Flop-Turn-River decision?

edited May 2013 in The Poker Clinic
X = reg, tight.

layerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceXSmall blind £0.15£0.15£72.85KKripplerBig blind £0.30£0.45£47.84 Your hole cards44   Lambert180Fold    omgffsgfyFold    XCall £0.15£0.60£72.70KKripplerRaise £0.90£1.50£46.94XCall £0.90£2.40£71.80Flop  354   XCheck    KKripplerBet £1.50£3.90£45.44XRaise £5.55£9.45£66.25KKripplerCall £4.05£13.50£41.39Turn  J   XBet £13.50£27.00£52.75KKripplerCall £13.50£40.50£27.89River  10   XBet £30.38£70.88£22.37KKripplerFold    XMuck    XWin £38.70 £61.07XReturn £30.38£1.80£91.45

Comments

• edited May 2013
    In Response to 30nl? Flop-Turn-River decision?:
    X = reg, tight. layer Action Cards Amount Pot Balance X Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £72.85 KKrippler Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £47.84   Your hole cards 4 4       Lambert180 Fold         omgffsgfy Fold         X Call   £0.15 £0.60 £72.70 KKrippler Raise   £0.90 £1.50 £46.94 X Call   £0.90 £2.40 £71.80 Flop     3 5 4       X Check         KKrippler Bet   £1.50 £3.90 £45.44 X Raise   £5.55 £9.45 £66.25 KKrippler Call   £4.05 £13.50 £41.39 Turn     J       X Bet   £13.50 £27.00 £52.75 KKrippler Call   £13.50 £40.50 £27.89 River     10       X Bet   £30.38 £70.88 £22.37 KKrippler Fold         X Muck         X Win   £38.70   £61.07 X Return   £30.38 £1.80 £91.45
    Posted by KKrippler

If youre calling the turn, you've got to call a blank river.  Either fold the turn or call down.

One of those 50-50s really.  I dont mind calling down.  IMO youre only beaten by A2, 26 (doubt its in the hand), 67 and a set of 5s on the flop.  He could easily be betting into a missed flush draw, have a set of 3s, an over pair, or even hands like 54 or 56.

Depends on reads of opponent.  But yeah... either fold turn or you have to call blank river.  Wasted money otherwise.
  • edited May 2013
    Yeah agree with above post, if you call turn river is such a blank that we just have to pay off i think and hope to see a set of 3s.

Reg-tight isn't really enough info i don't think- is he capable of mixing it up playing a big draw like this and firing the river if he missed? or is he a super nitty reg who only goes crazy with the betting post when he has the nuts or what he percieves as the nuts in this situation, if he is a super nitty reg who is normally alot more passive and could never fire a massive barrel on the river without the goods then i sway towards a fold,purely becuase i think he turns up with 4 hands if he falls under that category of opponent, of which only 1 you are beating.3s,5s,a2s,67s. But this is massively read dependent and i would probably still sigh call the river.
  • edited May 2013
    set or flopped str

doubt oppo has three barrels unless u have reads

• edited May 2013
    When any opponent check-raises that flop, I doubt they're planning to fold. I'd 3-bet to get it in. Most players, even tight ones, are going to show up with lots of drawing hands here.

"Tight reg" is no kind of read, really. What range are we thinking he limp-calls pre-flop and of those hands, which does he go mental with post flop?

If he's limped a small pair, then just lol at him for thinking it's profitable to set-mine by limp-calling, blind on blind. As has been said; don't call turn to fold river.

Rancid seems to think it's a fold. I don't. It's easier to triple-barrell a big flopped draw than it is to bet two streets, then give up on a big pot.

If we don't get it in on the flop, I think we're calling down. If we're not calling the check-raise to let him barrell off, then why are we? Are we treating our set as a drawing hand to a house?
  • edited May 2013
    I think its definetely a fold looking back. 

The turn call is bad. I guess im hoping to house up.

In my mind oppo is not capable of firing river with busted draw. I think sometimes ( and this maybe quite bad ) i will call down 2 streets and fold rivers ( as i find players can fire two streets with draws and close shop on river). 

The reads X = tight reg are pretty simplistic but tells you a lot about the player. He is passive and almost always shows up with nut hands in all in pots.

What makes this more of a fold imo is the effective stacks. 150bbs deep dont think oppo is inflating the pot without monsters. 
  • edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: 30nl? Flop-Turn-River decision?:
    When any opponent check-raises that flop, I doubt they're planning to fold. I'd 3-bet to get it in. Most players, even tight ones, are going to show up with lots of drawing hands here. "Tight reg" is no kind of read, really. What range are we thinking he limp-calls pre-flop and of those hands, which does he go mental with post flop? If he's limped a small pair, then just lol at him for thinking it's profitable to set-mine by limp-calling, blind on blind. As has been said; don't call turn to fold river. Rancid seems to think it's a fold. I don't. It's easier to triple-barrell a big flopped draw than it is to bet two streets, then give up on a big pot. If we don't get it in on the flop, I think we're calling down. If we're not calling the check-raise to let him barrell off, then why are we? Are we treating our set as a drawing hand to a house?
    Posted by BorinLoner
    this..

• edited May 2013
    In Response to Re: 30nl? Flop-Turn-River decision?:
    In Response to Re: 30nl? Flop-Turn-River decision? : this..
    Posted by LnarinOO

really, after being called on flop oppo pots it with draw

very narrow but it's 33/55/A2

hand is so dumb anyway for draws, make up pre to then go bananas :s

I would be very surprised if oppo had a draw given the line
  • edited May 2013

is it likely he limped in the sb with 67 off? (assuming he raises 67 soooooted because it's soooooted)
    Is he limping 33 or 55?
    How does he play A2?

I'd find it hard to fold here tbh.  We're putting him on an incredibly narrow range given the weird line he has taken.  I'm looking to get it in on the flop here unless I know he'll barrel in which case i'd use position and let him barrel it off. 

• edited May 2013
    if you think your behind why do you call the pot size bet on the turn? your not getting the odds to boat up. 10o on river literally nut non paring board river.

fold turn or call turn call most rivers and definately that one